Devils Vs Giants - League - 27th March 24 - FO 19:30

GAVIN

We would have killed any chance of Belfast getting second place of us, but bottled it yet again. Yes we got a few point to spare at the moment but look what happened last time when we had our own destiny in our hands... we blew it...

E.D.S.

Again not a high quality game but you've got several players double shifting. Crandall, Alderson, Brandt all covering more than one line. We even had Duggan doing a spell on the first line at one point. We have so much quality sat in the stands, it's bound to hurt us. You also can't really expect to mount any kind of challenge with that kind of netminding. Wall just isn't the high quality import Goalie I was expecting. Nevertheless, two point still secures 2nd. Nothing to panic about just yet.

Wannabe2

3 points from final 5 games and 2nd place is guaranteed, that’s 1 win and 1 overtime loss. Wonder if this team can rise to those dizzy heights.

jimmy snels

I didn’’t catch the 20 just the 5. Let’s hope it’s just the one game ban and he’s back to play us
And which player will step up? 5ft 7 brandt?? I'm sorry but we built a midget roster, friend ain't answering for shit.

On a side note, barrow ran around hitting the hell out of the giants tonight. Personally, with the game won I see exactly what friend was doing there. Makes me like him even more. Would happily welcome him to our team.

Earnie

That game for Belfast was not about the two points and Devils getting second place.
That second place is going to happen anyway. It was more about ‘we are going to meet you at some point in Nottingham and we intend to beat you’.

That game for Belfast was not about the two points and Devils getting second place.
That second place is going to happen anyway. It was more about ‘we are going to meet you at some point in Nottingham and we intend to beat you’.
But Belfast didn’t play well at all so that threat isn’t there. We just played worse with sloppy defensive plays and terrible goal keeping.

Wannabe2

Belfast just beat us so that threat is definately there, it’s about mind games now Belfast will know they didn't play well, but they will also know playing badly can still beat the Devils. Sundays game is pretty big now if they meet at Nottingham, and that’s if.

Earnie

You are correct in saying they did not play well (apart from Whistle) but neither did Devils.They played well enough to beat us .
We missed Joey Martin big time. He is such a skilled workhorse and feeds the others.

Pembo

2nd rather than 3rd probably going to be crucial if we want to do conti cup again assuming Sheffield don’t get stopped in playoffs. Opponent in qualification is going to depend how the cards fall. I think of the potential opponents Fife and Glasgow are the ones to avoid as Fife have shown able to compete with the top teams on their day and the massive Clan have beaten us already over two legs. Priority is to try to nick the points we need then limp over line into playoffs with as many people healed up as possible, we’re missing too many weapons at the moment, seems good chance to make most of our two way guys to protect some tired/bruised legs.

BostonBart22

plus it also shows belfast can rough up one of our players and get away with it, and before anyone kicks off saying we dont want our players banned for stepping up, jog on, i know it wasnt the outcome but what if barrow ended up with a serious injury after that ,nobody knows and couldve missed the remaining games, thats where we miss a big lou type of player, even if he growled at a player they would shit themselves knowing he was looking after our players

ASHIPP

The reasons why Giants won that game were obvious on the night. ...Whistle had the better goalie performance, our guys just couldn't capitalise on golden chances (including a 4 minute pp), and we were missing the guy who has a fantastic workrate and lifts the team with everything he does (88).

Maybe Bayley Harewood wasn't available for the night but they definitely need a couple of the two ways to stand in for our injured guys....the bench must be knackered from double shifting.

key is to get the injured back in the line up, all are a huge loss especially #13, #77 and the GOAT
no coincidence that when Joey came back we went on that run. Lines become more stabilised
and no double shifting etc..
Hopefully all back before the PO's to get some momentum back.

BostonBart22

The reasons why Giants won that game were obvious on the night. ...Whistle had the better goalie performance, our guys just couldn't capitalise on golden chances (including a 4 minute pp), and we were missing the guy who has a fantastic workrate and lifts the team with everything he does (88).

Maybe Bayley Harewood wasn't available for the night but they definitely need a couple of the two ways to stand in for our injured guys....the bench must be knackered from double shifting.
Harewood was on gantry

E.D.S.

I’m not getting carried away as most people here. Yep, it was another dire game. We were short benched. This won’t have a bearing on the playoffs. We only need two points for second. We’ll probably get them somewhere along the line. It’s just a drab ending to the season. We’ll be right up for the playoffs with a renewed focus and hopefully some proper compete levels being evident in everyone.

BostonBart22

I’m not getting carried away as most people here. Yep, it was another dire game. We were short benched. This won’t have a bearing on the playoffs. We only need two points for second. We’ll probably get them somewhere along the line. It’s just a drab ending to the season. We’ll be right up for the playoffs with a renewed focus and hopefully some proper compete levels being evident in everyone.
One less player than belfast , be nice to get the 2pts in Sheffield though and take pressure of sundays game