Devils Vs Giants - League - 27th March 24 - FO 19:30

James

Administrator
Thread starter #1
Devils welcome the Giants to the Bay for some Wednesday night league action. The race to #1 is over but it's still #2 vs #3 and not quite a dead rubber game, although Giants have a lot of ground to make up if they want 2nd place.

BostonBart22

Bowns .must've a niggle ..wall starts, whistle in net for giants who has been better than besko. Chad free to play, so basically got thrown out for nowt

Jonesy83

Bloody hell that was dire. I hope the players know they have 5 league games left.

The difference in effort levels between last Wednesday & tonight were MILES apart.
I get it, league title has gone but the same 3000 fans that were there last Wednesday are there tonight. Give us our moneys worth.

We seemed to turn it on for 10 minutes and that was it. Barrow the only player in my eyes giving 100% and hitting everything.

ASHIPP

Tonight was hockey lite. After the euphoria of last week's classic game against the Steelers, what was this? It looked like a game our Guys just didn't want to play. Giants were dire too, but at least they got the result.
Missing some of our creative players...88 being missed. Every aspect of our game was off. 4 minute power play embarrassingly immobile and chaotic.
The way to beat Whistle had already been cleverly demonstrated by Batchy (Whistle pulled completely out of the crease) and Mosey (Evan let Whistle commit his down low position, then flipped puck over him). More of that might have worked instead of trying fancy plays.
Hopefully Sunday's game will see another appearance of 'old school hockey', Devils style!

Last edited:

Hedd Wyn John

Tonight was hockey lite. After the euphoria of last week's classic game against the Steelers, what was this? It looked like a game our Guys just didn't want to play. Giants were dire too, but at least they got the result.
Missing some of our creative players...88 being missed. Every aspect of our game was off. 4 minute power play embarrassingly immobile and chaotic.
The way to beat Whistle had already been cleverly demonstrated by Batchy (Whistle completely out of the crease) and Mosey (Evan let Whistle commit his down low position, then flipped puck over him). More of that might have worked instead of trying fancy plays.
Hopefully Sunday's game will see another appearance of 'old school hockey', Devils style!
Poor game tonight, neither side were great but so many squandered chances and loose defending from the Devils. I hope they lift their game for Sunday.

BostonBart22

Well that was piss poor, barrow best he played all season, wall kept us in it after keefer blasted his players, saved loads of shots goalbound in a spell of 5 mins . Seems like we are playing the season out in the lge and saving it for the playoffs if we get there , man down , why didn't Harewood play he was at the rink as well. .oh , and a note for the defence we shipped 11 goals in 2 games. ...just saying.

I didn’’t catch the 20 just the 5. Let’s hope it’s just the one game ban and he’s back to play us
Eihl website confirmed the penalty- though I didn't realise they're playing Glasgow before Sunday so yeah I'd imagine he'll be back
That's some travel for them back to back mind

Wannabe2

And that’s why we have a team capable of winning the play offs, and a team capable of not even qualifying. This team is pure Jekyll and Hyde, one minute very good and the next minute very poor. Can you imagine if the fans turned up one week then didn’t the next, then did again then didn’t the next, playing well and losing is always acceptable, but losing because your playing lousy ain’t. Giants were poor tonight, but we were worse unfortunately.