Devils Vs Giants - 23/24 Nov 19 - League

I really can’t understand why Louis did not play on Sunday (maybe injured?) if he was fit to play. On Saturday when we went 3-0 down Louis shook his gloves at Matt Pelech looking to spark the team. Playing against Belfast I feel that he should of been in the line up for the edge that he plays with.

I really can’t understand why Louis did not play on Sunday (maybe injured?) if he was fit to play. On Saturday when we went 3-0 down Louis shook his gloves at Matt Pelech looking to spark the team. Playing against Belfast I feel that he should of been in the line up for the edge that he plays with.
No need to drop the gloves when your 3 nil up . Would have been a pointless penalty to take

No need to drop the gloves when your 3 nil up . Would have been a pointless penalty to take
I full agree there was no need for Pelech to drop them, i like the fact that Louis tried to create a spark and get something going. We could surely have used that on Sunday halfway threw the 2nd?

JC23

Am I the only person thinking about all the uncertainty and issues off the ice this past off season as a possible reason for this dip in form?

We don’t have a recognised kit man anymore, we have a kit-man/back up nettie, and we’ve lost our strength and conditioning coach also.

Agree with the both of you , but should have set the tone from the off not when damage is done. And I doubt very much that if we were 3 nil up Louis wouldn’t drop the gloves either

It's wasn't pelech that declined the offer of Louis. It was keefe. Pelech was willing to go he looked at his bench and keefe shook his head to say no, what I like is the way a tough as nails player obeys an instruction from his coach , team first guy. I'd love to have him and that rinkrat Farnham, he's like vez on speed. I can't understand how they've been in a slump themselves, or are we that bad? What I'd give for a character player in our team right now. Fereyna hasn't been replaced, we are lacking in that department. Lord doesn't seem to want to play physical hockey as we take to many penalties, yet Belfast seem to do it and play with an edge and stay out of the box why can't we. The majority of our penalties this weekend were lazy and selfish by players who put themselves before the team . 3 players in particular are taking a stupid lazy penalty on a regular basis, this needs addressing. I'd rather see a penalty for a slightly mistimed hit than all these stupid needless hooking and slashing incidents from players who are to old or to slow to buy into team first hockey.

I'd love Steve king to reply on these matters as he always talks sense, and from the heart. I bet he's as pissed at our performances as we are. He said we signed a faster more aggressive team at the start of the season, I've not seen it yet . IMO all the newbies are downgrades ? Let's pray we can turn this around.

august04

Our penalties tend to be lazy, selfish stick penalties - usually from those of more advancing years - and not through physical play. The owners tell us that they want to play physical hockey, so it has to be Lord (or Kelman) who is against this, and we‘ve seen this now by the decision to sit Louis last night (who is not injured). Why is he doing this, as it goes against everything that the Devils stand for and what he stood for as a player? Our history has been built on gritty, hard nosed, so called “blue collar“ hockey, and never backing down from anyone. This is what we want as a fan base and he’s going to come under far more pressure by going against this and turning us into a bunch of pussies. It makes me sick to the core to see Belfast boss us around in our own arena like they did this past weekend and I’ve had enough of watching this anaemic brand of hockey.

I'd love Steve king to reply on these matters as he always talks sense, and from the heart. I bet he's as pissed at our performances as we are. He said we signed a faster more aggressive team at the start of the season, I've not seen it yet . IMO all the newbies are downgrades ? Let's pray we can turn this around.
I would say we have;
Morrisonn > Schiestel
Riley > Hedden
McNamee is on par with Ulmer.

Morrison has just come in so you can't count that. Shiestel. Jardine or mcmonale. Hedden. Masi. Fereyna. Riley. Mcnamee is as good as ulmer due to ulmer age , however ulmer on the 4 th line used sparingly then on the pp redirecting the puck ? I think I have a good point . I bet the majority of the fan base would agree ?

Temme

Lol, would explain my bemusement at the MOM announcement.

... ps can we argue that's an illegal equipment penatly.

So the rumour going around - it was stolen from the dressing room?!

I don't know whether that's our dressing room, or Belfast's last week, but a couple of people have said this is the case!

Temme

That's a bit of an unfair comparison to make,

Hedden or Masi - one was a first line winger, the other a 3rd line checker.
Riley or Faryna - Riley, even though he hasn't quite found his feet yet.
Blood or Morrisson - Morrisson has only played 3 games, but Blood if i have to pick.
Scheistel/Jardine/McMonagle - McMonagle, by a country mile.

moggy#9

That's a bit of an unfair comparison to make,

Hedden or Masi - one was a first line winger, the other a 3rd line checker.
Riley or Faryna - Riley, even though he hasn't quite found his feet yet.
Blood or Morrisson - Morrisson has only played 3 games, but Blood if i have to pick.
Scheistel/Jardine/McMonagle - McMonagle, by a country mile.
I'd agree with most of that but, based on the performances I've seen I'm struggling to see what Riley brings.