Devils Vs Giants - 23/24 Nov 19 - League

kingmo19.1

Yes can't be worse than this last weekend. Adversity usually brings out the best... Lord could do well to remember a trip to Belfast a couple of seasons ago. Three imports down (I think Hotham and 1 other were suspended and we had one player injured). Devils were not favorites to win that game but they did.

Forget the perfect goal and textbook moves, let the players play their natural game and who knows what will happen.
People bang on about Lordo being a super detailed guy, I wonder whether that’s maybe part of the problem with this group - over coaching which has maybe suffocated them a little ????

august04

People bang on about Lordo being a super detailed guy, I wonder whether that’s maybe part of the problem with this group - over coaching which has maybe suffocated them a little ????
I think there could be something in that. Kelman alludes to it quite often in his pre-game chats but not everybody responds to that level of intensity. Maybe he needs to lighten up a little and let the guys just play? As others have said, can that be any worse? These are better players than we’re seeing week in, week out.

Last edited:

matbur

They probably need a good brawl in training tbh. Get a few home truths across, clear the air a bit and regroup with a bit of steel.

It's not a clear cut situation and there's not one particular reason why things aren't clicking. It's complicated but we aren't entitled to win every game we play, it's relatively early in the season and yes, there's a few kinks in different areas of the team; collectively, individually, coaching-wise and quite possibly other off-ice factors which we are not privy to but go on at every professional sports team nonetheless.

What we do know is this: the core of this team along with Andrew Lord and Todd Kelman have stepped up and risen above the rest of the competition repeatedly in recent years. They are proven winners. With that in mind, they HAVE TO be respected and given the time to be able to work this out which given their previous record, which they will.

It's been quite testing reading both this forum and social media the last week, I'm not a 'happy clapper' but if these guys don't deserve our respect and patience then I don't know quite, as a fanbase, what our expectations are.

Everyone just needs to stop getting a little bit too hysterical after every game, take a step back and let them figure it out. The fanbase and online community will be a healthier and more constructive place for it.

Last edited:

voth26

They probably need a good brawl in training tbh. Get a few home truths across, clear the air a bit and regroup with a bit of steel.

It's not a clear cut situation and there's not one particular reason why things aren't clicking. It's complicated but we aren't entitled to win every game we play, it's relatively early in the season and yes, there's a few kinks in different areas of the team; collectively, individually, coaching-wise and quite possibly other off-ice factors which we are not privy to but go on at every professional sports team regardless.

What we do know is this: the core of this team along with Andrew Lord and Todd Kelman have stepped up and risen above the rest of the competition repeatedly in recent years. They are proven winners. With that in mind, they HAVE TO be respected and given the time to be able to work this out which given their previous record, which they will.

It's been quite testing reading both this forum and social media the last week, I'm not a 'happy clapper' but if these guys don't deserve our respect and patience then I don't know quite, as a fanbase, what our expectations are.

Everyone just needs to stop getting a little bit too hysterical after every game, take a step back and let them figure it out. The fanbase and online community will be a healthier and more constructive place for it.
I think we as a fan base have been so use to winning these last few years we've forgotten what it's like to lose, having said that the team haven't been performing anywhere near their ability and I think for the majority of us fans this is the worst part knowing their so much better but not showing it!!

matbur

I think we as a fan base have been so use to winning these last few years we've forgotten what it's like to lose, having said that the team haven't been performing anywhere near their ability and I think for the majority of us fans this is the worst part knowing their so much better but not showing it!!
Yeah, of course. Frustration is an understatement right now, I feel it and but let's not rip ourselves apart by heightening the tension and adding to the problem(s). It's counter productive for where we are as a team right now and for where we need to get to.

Mazzoak

Its very frustrating paying to watch a game that both fails to entertain and under performs repeatedly to the point even the most inept arm chair expert can see there are issues.
The saying goes you get what you pay for. Fans are starting to get frustrated paying a pretty good ticket price for an EIHL game and getting a pretty poor return, including the officials being pretty poor most nights.
Add the shirt issues etc etc, & the public response from management to fans who have been complaining of boring, non physical hockey for a few seasons now and still no change, it’s all likely going to start affect attendance levels.

Hate to say this, I’m signing off to watch what should be a far better game of hockey on Freesports.

Earnie

Seemingly Giants goaltender Owen had his shirt stolen. He wore Dickson at Viola last weekend and he is wearing Murphy tonight at Sheffield . Shall we have whip round ?

doron

Its very frustrating paying to watch a game that both fails to entertain and under performs repeatedly to the point even the most inept arm chair expert can see there are issues.
The saying goes you get what you pay for. Fans are starting to get frustrated paying a pretty good ticket price for an EIHL game and getting a pretty poor return, including the officials being pretty poor most nights.
Add the shirt issues etc etc, & the public response from management to fans who have been complaining of boring, non physical hockey for a few seasons now and still no change, it’s all likely going to start affect attendance levels.

Hate to say this, I’m signing off to watch what should be a far better game of hockey on Freesports.

first period ( She v bel ) so far a very good game to watch.
and they only paid £5 to watch this game live.
this is how Cardiff should play. and so far. its not a physical game, but the effort is there from both teams

doron

5-0 Sheffield
That was a very good game. Belfast played well. but couldn’t deal with Steelers, iv got to say Steelers got some powerful players on their team and the goalie was outstanding. both teams played well

Milky

Did someone actually steel Owens jersey? How?
Apparently stolen from the away dressing room at the Viola arena overnight on Saturday.
Kit man prepped and left out all their kit on Saturday evening after the game ready for the Sunday fixture and when they arrived Sunday it was gone.

moggy#9

Apparently stolen from the away dressing room at the Viola arena overnight on Saturday.
Kit man prepped and left out all their kit on Saturday evening after the game ready for the Sunday fixture and when they arrived Sunday it was gone.
That must narrow down the options as to who was responsible.

Devilsatw

Oh ok thanks sorry for being nosey lol

Temme

Was there a reason that Owen was left out altogether on Saturday but started on Sunday?

Was there a reason that Owen was left out altogether on Saturday but started on Sunday?
My guess is that Keefe thought he needed the extra import outskater to even things up in the first game, then with Masi being banned plus the fact they were so dominant realised he didn’t need worry about it and went with Owen to shut us down

jenks33

Is that true? How embarrassing. Probably gave Belfast a bit more determination on the Sunday then