Devils Vs Flames - League - 31st Dec 23 - FO 16:00

E.D.S.

" Feel for Duggan. His impact is next to nothing. He looks unfit but that’s what you get if you aren’t playing regularly. "
a professional keeps himself fitt , its down to him.
That’s a different fitness. Match fitness is something else.

moggy#9

Obviously we're not going to get any major surgery on the team for the remainder of the season. If the problem is the players not executing, then the only solution I can see is changing the leadership group. The leadership group shouldn't be there just because they've been around a while. They should actually be inspirational leaders. There doesn't seem to be much in the way of leadership or taking control of games from the current group. That said, I don't know who you'd give it to. It's not like we have too many Ivan matuliks on the team. I'd certainly say that Brandt deserves an A more than duggan.

The_Stick_

I don’t think many will agree with this but Richardson should not wear the C. He is a Devils legend, and I will never ever dispute that, but he lacks the on ice attributes you’d like the see from you captain. I will not claim to know what he’s like off ice, but I feel we need to go in a different direction leadership wise

moggy#9

No doubt another new coach in the summer, franny probably, when does the person picking the coaches every year take some responsibility, is Todd still the best gm or only when lord is his coach
I really hope not. Franny's abilities are IMO rated and he has been complicit in many of the worst decisions made over the last few years. When there's been a succession of bad signings (players and coaches) over the last few years, you have to shine a light on the GM for that and decisions like the logo.

Absolute shambles. I'll take Busch out of my physicality statement next because other than him our forwards are powder puff lightweights, with D men with no physical upside either. We got smashed around our own barn tonight. We can't cope with it.
Nothing will be addressed however because we are just a safe haven for under performing players and coaches.

Tickets, bar prices, food, jerseys, all up. Quality? Downward trending !!
Well said it's torture to witness it week in week out at home

moggy#9

So, is there another episode of the documentary series due again soon? It's going to be a challenge making something in a positive light for that.

What happened to the comeback like the flames did us last night ? Not a chance we just put on a defensive horror show tonight.No fire, no passion, no intensity ,no unity in this lot .Paul Dixon always gets the best out of his team's 100 effort.

I feel for bowns he was hung out to dry tonight and only other player who showed up tonight sandford he been unbelievable he now a goalscorer,pp,ok and tough guy because there no one else to do it in our team.

Devils86

Started to write something but can't be bothered. I'll take a night off, like PRs team does regularly.

When will the penny drop that it's just not good enough. We've got the spares now so maybe it's BOC time....

In my eyes PR is not the answer and needs to be replaced with a NA style coach he will not take us to where near we once were.

The roster needs tweaking, there are good players but there seems to be no system to suit our players.
No physicality, someone should have stood up to the flames player during the 1st shift who shot at Bowns last night at 60:00
Then someone bumped Bowns tonight, again no consequence, we are like a puppy on it's back waiting for his belly to be tickled.
Defiantly not the Devils style we have been used to from Lawless up to to Lordo's departure.

Another thing, some of the goal music, come on ....
"Baby I don't care..." when the opposition score !!!!! You may not care Todd but I bloody care.
At the point of 2-5 down "Destination unknown" !!!!! I know we're not going to win so it is known !!!!

Not enjoying the Hockey or match night experience at all.

kingmo19.1

Can you imagine transporting this team back into the ISL days. They wouldn’t win a game all season and many would likely soil themselves multiple times on being exposed to the level of intensity and the physical effort required to win a game.

Unlike today’s jokers, chancers and gentle souls, you actually had to break a sweat back then and play for your shirt!