Devils Vs Flames - League - 31st Dec 23 - FO 16:00

That last period of hockey was totally unacceptable. Absolutely no grit or guts to fight back. I'm far from the most negative fan but you can't put a spin on that...it was dire! Defensively we were all at sea! Rhymsha is a total bust and Bodie Wilde was abysmal from a defensive perspective. If that's the norm from those two we'd be better off cutting our losses, playing chad on D remainder of the season and attempting to bring someone in a big stay at home body with the view to keeping next season for a run for the league (it isn't happening this year) and with some bloody leadership potential. Some of the forwards aren't cutting it but the D this game was the killer, along with some awful PK work.

I want to like Russell and give him time as the habit of changing coach every 5 minutes can't be healthy, but one has to question the softy passive playing style and like many the blasé interviews are starting to grate and concern me.

ASHIPP

Until you instil an identity and style into the team, they can't be expected to perform. If this is not ingrained in their DNA from day 1, they won't understand what 'the Devils' Way' actually is.
In the past, we often had far less talented players on our Team's due to budgetary constraints. But win, or lose, our Team had a recognised identity...gritty, entertaining, never give up attitude. Why was that? Because our coaches had previously been players themselves and understood.
Our Guinness World Record Year gave us a very talented team... they won nothing that year (apart from that World Record!), deserved so much more but always entertained, knew how to play 'the Devils' Way' and took their lead from a true Devil in their player/coach, Gerad Adams. Ryan Finnerty was their Captain, Scott Matzka an Alternate Captain.....everything you need to know about great leadership

Last edited:

moggy#9

On the last episode of the documentary we got a flavour of the way the leadership group works. All very calm speaks to teammates to try a bit harder, if they wouldn't mind too much. Could you imagine that happening with lawless, matulik, heavy or Stephen cooper in that dressing room? The air would have been blue. Some of the current team would have soiled themselves if they'd been on those teams.

Wannabe2

In my eyes PR is not the answer and needs to be replaced with a NA style coach he will not take us to where near we once were.

The roster needs tweaking, there are good players but there seems to be no system to suit our players.
No physicality, someone should have stood up to the flames player during the 1st shift who shot at Bowns last night at 60:00
Then someone bumped Bowns tonight, again no consequence, we are like a puppy on it's back waiting for his belly to be tickled.
Defiantly not the Devils style we have been used to from Lawless up to to Lordo's departure.

Another thing, some of the goal music, come on ....
"Baby I don't care..." when the opposition score !!!!! You may not care Todd but I bloody care.
At the point of 2-5 down "Destination unknown" !!!!! I know we're not going to win so it is known !!!!

Not enjoying the Hockey or match night experience at all.
Spot on the music in our gaff is total SHIT. It’s without a doubt the worst in the league as you say the opposition scores and we play I don’t care, well the idiot playing the music may not care but the bloody fans who pay to come to games bloody care, you have to be a real dimbat to play that, the music is crap it’s far too loud, and at the moment it’s like the on ice product pretty shitty.

jimmy snels

They won't be rushing out the renewal forms in January or February that's for sure
I wouldn't be so sure, only thing that seems to matter now days is parting fans with money. I'm becoming quite disenfranchised with the leadership team to be honest with you. Needs a shake up off the ice as well, a few lost focus on what matters and how important customers feeling valued matters to a business. I honestly miss the days where, although a perennial 3rd place team, we left it all on the ice, paid 3 quid a pint and could go to an away game knowing we were going to bash them about in their barn. Since lordo went it's a watered down product at exponential costs.

As I walked out of the rink past an ice length queue of fans still wanting to meet the players after tonight’s dismal game, and every game a sell out I do wonder whether it really matters to the ownership and leadership if we win. There are plenty of new fans keen on the new logo, will buy kit and spend £ on chuck a pucks so they are less reliant on older fans and ST holders.

I’d love to know what the team are thinking, what do they think the problem is? It looks like an unhappy team right now.

Also, what was going on at the start of the signing line, seemed to be a lot of people shouting at each other and some kids ran off to get security?

Rempel16

Give me a hard working ‘blue-collared’ team that finishes all its hits and takes no shit but comes in mid-table over this polite crap every day of the week.

It is not Devils hockey. Whether it’s PR, the owners, Kelman… someone is mugging us right off. But no doubt we will be labelled the problem for not buying into getting bullied around our own ice.

I haven't been to a game for some time, cost v entertainment is just not worth it. I did have a season ticket for 30 years but just too expensive now. Did buy the Steelers last game in shuff, god that was a dreadful waste of money.
Maybe a protest night to show how unhappy everyone is. Such as, everyone wear black or even choose one game which is fan less, no attendance. Course this requires the fans sticking together and we all know how that might go. Just a thought.

Hockeymad

It's all too nice at our rink, it have been for a long time.

From the crap cheesy Music,

To making it all about the kids and there creche.

The away teams have a field day down here

God I miss the old ice rink and old ice hockey.

I posted before I loved going back then as I knew what I was getting from our team.

Now I haven't a clue and no one seems to care.

Todd and the rest just all seem happy to make money nothing else matters