Devils Vs Clan - Sun 30 Sep - League

terry hunt

When these lads play like that, they are more than a threat to anyone, pure poetry in motion at times tonight. Big hats off to Louis, not only for fighting Gratton, but handing him his Arse ???, great display lads. The league results at the moment are all over the place, with most beating most.
Happy Hockey Days
What actually triggered the fight?

Devils86

From what I saw (so will probably be wrong!) Fournier took a check from behind which the officials thought was ok/missed. After getting the high check on Saturday, and with it being so early, I presume Louis was having none of it and wanted to show Clan they couldn’t intimidate us.

Or something completely different :)

Gazza272

Gratton came through Fournier from behind with the Cross Check, Louis obviously said something to him, and Gratton then looked to get involved, Louis then showed him why he shouldn't have done that!

Ocko

I think some fighting is essential but this weekend loked like the old days.Most of the games on Saturday had major penalties.
Louis is too good a player to be fighting 3 games in a row a suspension will soon catch up with him and harm the team.
Lord needs to think of bringing in a Brad Voth at this rate or risk another Tyson Marsh.
I dont get what is wrong with Louis being the go to guy to sort trouble out. It's what he was brought in for, he isnt a Richie or a Fournier, he's one of only 2 maybe 3 heavyweights we have. Saying he could end up another Tyson Marsh is a bit extreme; Louis has already had 20 fights more than Marsh in his career despite him being much older when he retired. Louis very rarely had less than double figures in fights until he came here, Marsh very rarely ever went near that level. Louis knows what he's doing.

Great job from him tonight, and over the past few games. He seems to be in much better shape than last season - which I think hampered him a alot. He's like a new player.

Difficult call for Lord now - does he bring in replacements and risk upsetting a team performing very well? If we bring in a new D man then an import sits, Batch loses his regular D place (unless Reddick sits) and goes to limited minutes on the fourth, and Rutkis barely touches the ice. That would hardly be great reward for how they've performed so far.

osh

We really didn’t have to be at our best to beat Clan last night, and it was great to see Rutkis and Moore getting good ice time along with Murdy in the third. Passing was excellent at times and our pace was too much for the overworked Clan D.
Fitzgerald’s trip penalty was dangerous as Bentivoglio could easily had landed with the back of his head hitting the ice, a really cheap shot in my book. Their netminder didnt look that great despite the praise given to him in the match programme. Unusual to not see Martin scoring a goal considering we netted 8, but it’s also good to note that we have scoring ability from everyone on the ice. A few soft penalties given against Clan and we made them pay.

Temme

Thought Fitzgerald was particularly poor in this game, and the highlights seem to show that.

He was on the ice for 5/8 goals,

Granted 2 of those were PP.

He was a yard off everywhere he needed to be.

Looks like Rumpel in net has had a fairly solid start to the season but he needed to be their best player last night, but clearly wasn't.

Devil_Abroad

We do not need a Voth. The game has moved on. Maybe some haven’t on here.

Louis, Batch, Hedden is enough to deal with a couple of dubious hits. When a Faryna recovers as long as it doesn’t affect his injury will be another to add.

We are currently an import short so of course we bring one in. Batch on D this season (apart from a couple of lapses) has been immense and together with the form of Rutkis and also Moore regaining his form after injury has meant the management are able to wait for the right quality D to become available at the right price. When he does arrive and Batch moves to the fourth our depth already absurd will become outrageous.

Hotels now booked for Copenhagen, Malmo and Vaxjo - woohoo