Devils Vs Clan - Sun 30 Sep - League

august04

We do not need a Voth. The game has moved on. Maybe some haven’t on here.

Louis, Batch, Hedden is enough to deal with a couple of dubious hits. When a Faryna recovers as long as it doesn’t affect his injury will be another to add.

We are currently an import short so of course we bring one in. Batch on D this season (apart from a couple of lapses) has been immense and together with the form of Rutkis and also Moore regaining his form after injury has meant the management are able to wait for the right quality D to become available at the right price. When he does arrive and Batch moves to the fourth our depth already absurd will become outrageous.

Hotels now booked for Copenhagen, Malmo and Vaxjo - woohoo
I don’t want Faryna fighting when he comes back. He’s had numerous concussions this past two years, and is just recovering from an arm injury. Trouble is, it’s not in his nature to back down, so I’m sure he will. That leaves Louis and Batch for me at the moment. We have skill in abundance, enough to win this league comfortably with Nottingham’s inconsistency. I’d be quite happy to sign another big guy who can play (don’t want a Doty, thank you), to share the load if anyone tries any nonsense (and that may happen if we’re that far ahead in terms of skill and teams have to find other ways to compete with us).

Last edited:

ASHIPP

Very impressed with Louis so far this season. I think that injury really hampered his play last year but he’s showing his best form in a Devils jersey for me just now.
Big Lou is back to his menacing self, the version we loved in his first season with us. Had a great game last night.

What a finish from Myers for his goal, that was world class - the angle was virtually impossible, and to get it in over the keeper's shoulder, and hit the bottle... Take a bow, son.

Great to see Rutkis go so well too, someone else mentioned he's a real prospect and last night was a massive step forward for him.

The way the team's turned up for the league and CC games after the European experience is exactly what everybody would have hoped for. Nottingham aside, we're still burying teams in other games. Whether or not it stays this way for the rest of the season, we'll wait and see, but for now, this team are on it and it is great to watch.

Devils86

On the highlights the “check from behind on Fournier” was from behind but wasn’t really a check so I was correct in saying I would probably be wrong!

Sign of a good side is that regardless of the quality of the opposition, they set out their standard early on in the game and bar the Gratton blip held the puck up fairly well and despite not being the most clinical the scoreline did not flatter them at all. Also nice to see a proper scrap again from Mark. Neil Warnock should tap Lord for some tips.