Devils Vs Clan - Sun 30 Sep - League

Devils86

At fault for their goal but Linglet’s stick work is next level. In that second period he passed when I thought obvious was to shoot and chance got away from us.

But overall great stuff so far from Devils. Great to see both Moore and Rutkis on the scoresheet - first goals for them at the IAW?

5-1 - really hoping we go for a couple more but would understand if wanted to preserve some energy.

Ger-Devils

Moore scored in the CHL at home last year v Vaxjo didn’t he?

8-1 finish. Job done. Done enough in the first two periods despite the goal we give up was frustrating, we have way too much to be under pressure for long by a team like the Clan.

Their goalie give constant rebounds and we were clinical. 3/5 PP

Let’s go again Wednesday in Dundee!

Wannabe2

When these lads play like that, they are more than a threat to anyone, pure poetry in motion at times tonight. Big hats off to Louis, not only for fighting Gratton, but handing him his Arse ???, great display lads. The league results at the moment are all over the place, with most beating most.
Happy Hockey Days

Jonesy83

I love this version of Louis, weve seen it in bits and pieces in the past but this season he’s been awesome from the word go, long may it continue.

Gratton was just, well in a word ‘useless’. Which surprised me with the experience he has.

Rutkis and Moore both banging in goal, Louis with a fight, a goal and an assistant and 5 other scorers. What a great game for the Devils

2 wins from 2 this weekend, what’s not to like.

terry hunt

I dont know if it was deliberate by Lordo but the GB line had a lot of minutes tonight and played pretty well.
Bowns,Richie,Batch,Moore,Myers and Rutkis must have left a favourable impression on Russell when Murdy came on he played well also.

Gospel

Not sure what to make of the Clan after that game. They started each period strong but that dropped very quickly and the Devils didnt seem to get out of third gear.

Great to see the 4th line get amongst the points with Moore & Rutkis and Murdy made a few very good saves.

Louis played great as did Batchy (again).

Good 2 points at home

BostonBart22

Great win boys, didn't get out of 2nd gear, good scrap and some great haymakers from Louis... Anyone notice fitzy has lost his pace and put on a few pounds... Very slow at times..

RedDevil17

Clan were absolutely shocking tonight, worst Glasgow team I’ve seen by far. Great performance though but that was very easy! Bowns played great as did Murdy but the main player I was impressed with was Rutkis, he’s a real prospect and what a goal he scored. Our PP was deadly, we did well on the PK and Louis stepped up. Glad to see reactions for a change compared to last years team as well, but why is Louis the only player stepping up in general? He’s had 3 fights in 3 games and that shouldn’t happen, he’s one of our best D men. Players like Batch should be stepping up (perfect incident was Fitzy’s high hit on Rutkis) he should’ve been straight in there. Clan must’ve been desperate to give Gratton MOM.

Last edited:

august04

The Devils are streets ahead of most teams in the league this year. We’re playing some beautiful stuff at times and that’s with another player or two to come in still. If Nottingham don’t find a bit more consistency, this league is going to be over very early.

jimmy snels

thought we got stuck in tonight, hit a lot more and we shot from the blue line more whilst getting bodies around the net. two brilliant tip ins were poetry in motion.

thought we got a couple of soft penalties and clan could feel a tad aggrieved if im honest.

thought we were streets ahead. great to see rutkis involved so much.

CaldicotDevil

Loved Louis stepping up early tonight showing we’re no pushover.

This summer I thought Fitzy could do a job for us after leaving the Steelers but tonight I was proven wrong. He used to play the panto villain role for Sheffield and we all hated him but respected him and the job he did. However it’s sad to see a warrior like him struggle like he did tonight. He could barely complete a shift.

matbur

Glasgow a good couple of levels below our standard and it wasn't much of a contest. Thought their D and goaltending were poor all night. The game was wrapped up with a period to spare, good work out for the Devils, especially the bottom six who got a lot of minutes. Recovery and same again now midweek.

God knows how that Clan team Nottingham earlier this season.

Great performance great result, like others have said we actually look a class above every team we've played so far with the exception of Nottingham but they are dropping games elsewhere, and I still don't think we've played at our best, we've still got Faryna to come back. I hope we don't run away with it and a few other teams step up.

Tonight's game: Rutkis Moore Myers all very good, batch in great form at the moment, Louis keep doing what your doing, Linglet can just ghost past players in what looks like slow motion, but we need to to get on his wavelength, I'm not sure who those player could be though, Blood what a great player, great skater for a big man, uses his body well to win puck battles one thing though, stop the prat falls, i don't like it.

Other than that let's carry on this great form hope other teams step up to us and make it interesting

Also how many punches has Gratton's face seen over the years, guess he doesn't block much, good grief

terry hunt

I think some fighting is essential but this weekend loked like the old days.Most of the games on Saturday had major penalties.
Louis is too good a player to be fighting 3 games in a row a suspension will soon catch up with him and harm the team.
Lord needs to think of bringing in a Brad Voth at this rate or risk another Tyson Marsh.