Devils Vs Clan - League - 9th Feb 22

voth26

Not really a goal scoring threat so far though is Brandt. Don't think he's been on the ice for a goal for us either. So in 2nd and 3rd when we're after goals it's understandable he didn't ice much.
Two great hits again last night though. Certainly plays that role very well.
No he isn't but that's not his role either is it, his role is to throw big hits, separate players from the puck and generally be a nuisance

moggy#9

The new plans for Cardiff Bay are Eco Green Climate friendly, with rising Energy costs does a large freezer in the middle of the Bay remain viable.......
Whatever else those plans are, much like most of the other stuff that comes out of the council and the assembly, they're delusional.

Samael

Carry on I couldn’t give a monkeys what you or anyone else wants as opposed to a larger venue, we have done what we needed to do and that was keeping the club alive in a pretty cool arena. Good luck dreams are one thing, actions are on another level.
Petulant as always, Wannabe...

Tell me again for the 500th time how amazing SORAC were again? Yeah the club didn't die back when the Wnir closed, here have the keys to Cardiff and a knighthood old man.

Anyway, all I'm saying is things change. Granted change isn't always good but it's inevitable, you either accept it and adapt or keep living like its 1996 like a silly irrelevant old fart, 'l couldn't give monkeys'.

Rempel16

No he isn't but that's not his role either is it, his role is to throw big hits, separate players from the puck and generally be a nuisance
Not right now it isn't, but i'm really hoping we keep him on beyond this season, with a view to developing his offensive upside. Hopefully there's something there, which no doubt the coaches will be seeing in training.

Petulant as always, Wannabe...

Tell me again for the 500th time how amazing SORAC were again? Yeah the club didn't die back when the Wnir closed, here have the keys to Cardiff and a knighthood old man.

Anyway, all I'm saying is things change. Granted change isn't always good but it's inevitable, you either accept it and adapt or keep living like its 1996 like a silly irrelevant old fart, 'l couldn't give monkeys'.
Tempora mutantur, nos et mutamur in illis!

moggy#9

What I really like about Brandt is that he forces opposition players to think about where a check is coming from rather than the best play they can make. When they rush the decision making process, mistakes creep in. When that happens we've got the players to capitalise.

It'll be interesting to see how his game develops. While I'm not sure he's going to put up Ian McIntyre numbers when he moves from being a role player to something else, he has assets that could be useful. As a smaller guy with a low centre of gravity, he could be tough to knock over. I wonder what he'd be like at puck retention.

Pretentious, moi?
The Latin quote in question is featured in an episode of Yes, Prime Minister, when the subject of the wastefulness of local governments is being discussed.

Last edited:

jimmy snels

What I really like about Brandt is that he forces opposition players to think about where a check is coming from rather than the best play they can make. When they rush the decision making process, mistakes creep in. When that happens we've got the players to capitalise.

It'll be interesting to see how his game develops. While I'm not sure he's going to put up Ian McIntyre numbers when he moves from being a role player to something else, he has assets that could be useful. As a smaller guy with a low centre of gravity, he could be tough to knock over. I wonder what he'd be like at puck retention.

He offers imho way more than we are using him for. Id rather see him on the ice hitting and distrupting play more often.
Id also like to see Davies more chippy much like he was with guilford when he played in our barn. He seems to have lost that edge not playing against us.

Reference earlier comments batch is our best player currently in defence. He's playing so well

Totally agree, Batch is having a great season.
He turned the puck over against the Clan that lead to a goal and he was clearly pissed off with himself when he returned to the bench but he didn’t let it effect his game. If anything he stepped up and went on to get the GWG!

In my opinion he should have been in last years GB team and I really cannot see where there are 6 better Brit defensemen this season. I would be totally amazed if he’s not included this year!

BostonBart22

Not right now it isn't, but i'm really hoping we keep him on beyond this season, with a view to developing his offensive upside. Hopefully there's something there, which no doubt the coaches will be seeing in training.
I hope we keep him as well, he is probably on a low salary compared to other imports as well, bulk him up a bit and he could be a bigger menace on the ice in the future.

ASHIPP

I hope we keep him as well, he is probably on a low salary compared to other imports as well, bulk him up a bit and he could be a bigger menace on the ice in the future.
Bulk him up a bit o_O Isn't Josh a big enough beast already?!!!

Josh and Big Lou have a great partnership. I doubt many opposition players like working their shifts when those two are on the ice!
Josh reads the game so well and quietly does the right things and then produces a great first pass, well timed hit or booming slapshot.

If he doesn't get automatically selected by Russell for Team GB this season, there is something seriously wrong.

Mazzoak

Whatever else those plans are, much like most of the other stuff that comes out of the council and the assembly, they're delusional.
Honestly l think there exploring and rejecting every option as justification for the ending of the whole debacle. In the end we will be left with a large housing estate, a few leisure facilities that are making money. Those being the pool, the Water Sport and a small cycle track.

Last edited:

moggy#9

Honestly l think there exploring and rejecting every option as justification for the ending of the whole debacle. In the end we will be left with a large housing estate, a few leisure facilities that are making money. Those being the pool, the Water Sport and a small cycle track.
The council is obsessed with working bloody cycling into everything they do.

Mazzoak

The council is obsessed with working bloody cycling into everything they do.
Comes from the ambition of the Welsh Assembly who want Wales to be a world leader in Green Solutions. The City will become trafficless, with cycling & public transport being the future. The Bay is the dumping ground for facilities on lucrative prime real estate. The proposed Cycle relocation and extended facility has been criticised for its very ambitious plans, which begs the question, is that intentional or incompetence. Either way it’s likely to go the way of the other proposals. Cyclists may need their own SORAC.......

Earnie

The Council are narrowing roads all over the place(Penylan Hill, Newport Rd and many others) to facilitate cycle lanes resulting is severe congestion in what was already busy.
They want a cycle lane all the way to Newport. Who needs that?
I would be much more impressed if cyclists were checked for compulsory lights front and back and high vis clothing. Cyclists are a menace and a danger to themselves and other road users.
Welsh Assembly (and the Council) need to re asses and get real!