Devils Vs Clan - League - 9th Feb 22

Wannabe2

They say good teams find a way to win, when not playing well, well we certainly done that last night, turning a lousy night into a pretty neat one. Had a small celebration when I got home, cheers lads.

Swarley

From what I managed to see of the game we looked at a loss until the final 8 minutes of the game, I missed 3 of our goals due to two absolute drunken idiots who kept walking in front of me, and others at the top of block 10, took security all game to decide on of they should be thrown out or not even after one of them tried sexually harassing one of the young female stewards before first period even started.

Glad we won, annoyed I'm paying for a season ticket and still missing out due to the football drunken nature the club has attracted that seems to have an immunity to it so long as they're making money.

Mazzoak

Guys don't expect Brandt to get us goals or assists lol.

Come on. We had people comparing him with vezio sacratini an all time great lol.

If you know hockey you know hockey if you don't well don't make silly comments.

We needed goals in the 3rd period.

There's no way brandt will be on the ice for that reason
Some people just aren’t happy with our performance unless we score 3 goals in the first 5 min of P1, hit the living crap out of everything in P2 without a penalty called, then 10 unanswered to fin P3 and a shut out.........

Anything less is not a Devils performance.

bozman

From what I managed to see of the game we looked at a loss until the final 8 minutes of the game, I missed 3 of our goals due to two absolute drunken idiots who kept walking in front of me, and others at the top of block 10, took security all game to decide on of they should be thrown out or not even after one of them tried sexually harassing one of the young female stewards before first period even started.

Glad we won, annoyed I'm paying for a season ticket and still missing out due to the football drunken nature the club has attracted that seems to have an immunity to it so long as they're making money.
I think you mean Rugby drunken nature!

Swarley

I think you mean Rugby drunken nature!
No, last night the two idiots who stood next to me reminded me of when my dad took me to see Portsmouth play when I was a kid, from the moment they got into the arena it was harassment and abuse followed by pints being knocked over because they were chugging them like tap water, we actually counted how many pints they downed and we still can't work out how they managed to walk out after both of them necked 8 pints before the second period ended.

E.D.S.

Guys don't expect Brandt to get us goals or assists lol.

Come on. We had people comparing him with vezio sacratini an all time great lol.

If you know hockey you know hockey if you don't well don't make silly comments.

We needed goals in the 3rd period.

There's no way brandt will be on the ice for that reason
Yeah not sure I see the Vez comparison. Not sure i see the need to compare him at all really. He’s something we didn’t have in this team but something I badly wanted to see from this team. One goal, 20 goals or no goals. I don’t care. Just a joy to watch.

Swarley

8 pints in about an hour?! That's quite impressive, l'd be on my arse or asleep during p3 if l even wanted to try that.
Honestly loads of us couldn't believe how they put away so many pints in that space of time, though it would explain how come third period they kept spilling pints over people, and all over the floor.

Swarley

As a fan i think they should close the bar whilst the game is playing then open them during period breaks

Stop everyone moving around and hopefully stop them getting pissed.

As an owner they need the bar open all the time because of the £££££
I can understand that the booze brings in a massive amount of money for the club but its gone from being family friendly to a pub crawl, if its no longer family friendly that's fine but at least get extra security in who are willing to do their job before someone is either sexually assaulted by a drunk pervert or beaten to a pulp by a fed up season ticket holder who's had enough of beer being spilt on them.

Also with beer sales maybe a wrist tag upon entry so beer is limited to a specific amount of sales, scanned each time they buy a alcohol then when it's reached that limit they are refused alcohol and have a choice of either staying and watching the game or going off into town so real fans can enjoy what they've paid to see

Last edited:

BostonBart22

Funny enough was talking to other fans last night about the stewards , why and how are they employing these youngsters, looks like they just come out of school or even still in school, need proper security guards on the walkway during the game, or just 1 standing looking after 2 blocks each and let the stewards do their job , advising fans to their seats etc.

Samael

I'm sure this will go down like a lead balloon, but if we ever move to a larger capacity venue (and before wannabe chimes in and says be grateful for what we have and tries to stamp out the discussion of a new rink, l'm not saying we need to move right now so calm down) drunks at the games are only going to be more common as more casual punters come to games. I've been to games stone cold sober and been surrounded by people who have made me want to get steaming if I'm honest because you'd think they were in church the way they sit there watching the game so seriously.

Yes, drunks are obnoxious and lewd behaviour is unacceptable but like covid l think some people need to either learn to live with it or prevent themselves being exposed to it, because l don't see things changing to be honest because it's income at the end of the day.

moggy#9

From the things people say on here it's pretty worrying the direction in which things are going. I really don't want hockey to be taken over by chase the egg style pissheads nor Euro style ultras. The covid situation should have made it clear to the club that stewarding is a challenge. Hopefully next season this will be dealt with either by scheduling changes or better security measures. I'm not sure I'd want to take my wife and daughters into the sorts of situation that somee are describing.

Swarley

Funny enough was talking to other fans last night about the stewards , why and how are they employing these youngsters, looks like they just come out of school or even still in school, need proper security guards on the walkway during the game, or just 1 standing looking after 2 blocks each and let the stewards do their job , advising fans to their seats etc.
Stewards I've no problem with them being younger because this is supposed to be a family friendly environment and it's a low paying job that gives younger people a chance at earning some money, security are there to assist the stewards if things get out of hand, last night showed security didn't do the right thing by removing two people who caused problems from the moment they entered the arena.

Mazzoak

The IAW are currently running recruitment campaign for a General Manager of the facility. The owners are now Cardiff Council and I’m pretty sure the replacement Manager will need to insure the facility is run within both the law and licensing requirements. That being not continuing to sell alcohol to people who are drunk and maintain H&S law within an arena. Its likely Corporate freebies will either become a financial headache for the Devils or better controlled. The last thing either party wants is a drunken crowd control issues that have been known and not addressed. I’m pretty sure the IAW at the beginning of next season will be a different beast for the Devils, Greenbank didn't give a monkies how the IAW was run, the Devils have had that luxury, that ship has sailed, the master is now the Council, the same Council that left the Devils in a temporary rink for many years longer than they promised & who don‘t want a hockey team or an ice rink in Cardiff.

Wannabe2

I'm sure this will go down like a lead balloon, but if we ever move to a larger capacity venue (and before wannabe chimes in and says be grateful for what we have and tries to stamp out the discussion of a new rink, l'm not saying we need to move right now so calm down) drunks at the games are only going to be more common as more casual punters come to games. I've been to games stone cold sober and been surrounded by people who have made me want to get steaming if I'm honest because you'd think they were in church the way they sit there watching the game so seriously.

Yes, drunks are obnoxious and lewd behaviour is unacceptable but like covid l think some people need to either learn to live with it or prevent themselves being exposed to it, because l don't see things changing to be honest because it's income at the end of the day.
Carry on I couldn’t give a monkeys what you or anyone else wants as opposed to a larger venue, we have done what we needed to do and that was keeping the club alive in a pretty cool arena. Good luck dreams are one thing, actions are on another level.

moggy#9

The IAW are currently running recruitment campaign for a General Manager of the facility. The owners are now Cardiff Council and I’m pretty sure the replacement Manager will need to insure the facility is run within both the law and licensing requirements. That being not continuing to sell alcohol to people who are drunk and maintain H&S law within an arena. Its likely Corporate freebies will either become a financial headache for the Devils or better controlled. The last thing either party wants is a drunken crowd control issues that have been known and not addressed. I’m pretty sure the IAW at the beginning of next season will be a different beast for the Devils, Greenbank didn't give a monkies how the IAW was run, the Devils have had that luxury, that ship has sailed, the master is now the Council, the same Council that left the Devils in a temporary rink for many years longer than they promised & who don‘t want a hockey team or an ice rink in Cardiff.
What concerns me is the council's plans for the sports village ruining the club. I honestly don't think that the council can be trusted. If they're actually running the building what will the consequences of that be?

Mazzoak

The new plans for Cardiff Bay are Eco Green Climate friendly, with rising Energy costs does a large freezer in the middle of the Bay remain viable.......