Devils Vs Clan - League - 30th Sept 23 - 19:00 FO

Devil94

I was always jealous of other teams having players like Brendan Connolly. I thought it was a type of player we were lacking. Our fans used to hate him, and our players got frustrated with him and took penalties because of him. To me that showed that Connolly was doing his job very effectively. That was exactly what he was trying to do.

To me it's also a sign of a great team player. In Crawford, we have a smaller guy that is not gonna fight the big boys, but he's willing to risk getting beat up by them in order to draw penalties, and shift the momentum of the game. And to add that he's a point a game defenceman too and a crucial man on the power play, then I think he's one of the most important players we have.

Slartibartfast

What a great game. Im loving watching this team. Old school hockey, mid ice hits, fights, D men who actually take the body and no shortage of goals.

This time last year I had doubts about several signings and none of them proved me wrong. This year there is not a player that I am concerned about. I doubted Dupont as a coach when it was announced and felt the same at the end of the season. But you can see the difference Russell has made instantly.

Im not saying trophies are guaranteed but this team is going to be 10 times better to watch than last year.

Re Crawford, most teams have a player that has a mouth tougher than their fists. Its just a role. Remember Sacratini who was always looking for a fight but never actually had one. Who cares. He scored goals and so does Crawford. He also gives some amazing passes.

JC23

I don’t want Crawford fighting, because he can’t fight, but if you can’t fight then don’t try dishing it out, and cheap shooting people. Register and Fournier didnt try that nonsense.
I definitely remember register doing a lot of the cheap shotting nonsense, and also dropping the gloves with a Guildford Flames player. Levi Cable maybe?

JC23

In all fairness, that was due to a late hit on Waller if remember correctly
I think it was an attempted hit, you’re right. BUT, I also remember Reggie holding him back by his shorts and stopping him skating away, slashing his legs and stick tapping him to instigate the fight which can’t be seen on the highlights. Luckily the refs were in the play and looking away.

E.D.S.

I've watched Chad's hit about five or six times now on the highlights package and I can't for the life of me figure out why it's a major penalty. Can anyone shed any light on it for me?

He didn't leave the ice to make the hit so I don't understand the charging call and it wasn't a head contact. What did I miss?

Ben gets elbowed in the head and Sol gets 2 mins.

BostonBart22

I've watched Chad's hit about five or six times now on the highlights package and I can't for the life of me figure out why it's a major penalty. Can anyone shed any light on it for me?

He didn't leave the ice to make the hit so I don't understand the charging call and it wasn't a head contact. What did I miss?

Exactly, Chad 2 mins , arse sol major..

Slartibartfast

The definition of charging is "Charging shall mean the actions of a Player who either jumps to check an opponent, builds up speed by taking multiple strides immediately prior to making contact and/or travels an excessive distance with the sole purpose of delivering such a hit and/or violently checks an opponent in any manner"

Watching the video Chad had changed direction shortly before the check, so he had not travelled an excessive distance, built up speed or taken multiple strides. He was marginally off his feet right at the point of contact but it was hardly a jump.
1696276915459.png