Devils Vs Capitals - Saturday 19th, 7pm - Chat/Updates

Diafol

Judging by the snow piled up where I am, it looks like the opening night of the NHL will see my Saturday evening sorted.

Is it wrong of me to be looking forward to that much more than the Caps game after yet more doom and gloom over the past 24 hours ?

Is this game really still going ahead, I cannot believe the Caps are being made to travel so far with the weather/road conditions so poor. How màny fans are stuck in there homes by the snow and ice unable to get there cars out, I know quite a few including myself, please show some common sense for once and cancel this game.

Surprised this is still on as well. Going to be very risky and unlikely I'll be able to make it from the valleys and imagine its the same for a lot of other fans not too mention the journey the Caps are making. Surely with us being out of the Challenge Cup we have a couple of gaps in our schedule to rearrange for a later date even if it has to be midweek.

Finny

Very unlikely I'll risk it. No one from my end of the close has risked driving out yet, and although I reckon I might be able to get out, I don't fancy sliding back down the steep hill after the game when the road has probably turned to ice. Nor do I fancy trudging across Caerphilly to the train station in the snow and sitting in cold and wet clothes in the rink for several hours.

Having said that, if the Capitals are confident that they can make it safely and the roads around the rink are clear then I'm not sure the club have a good enough reason to postpone the game anyway.

Skippy

Thread starter #13
Seems the main roada are fine its just side roads that are the issue.

Suspect that we will see low attendences tonight with the weather add to that the Caps always seem to draw a low turn out and the current less than good feeling.

Finny

If the Cardiff City game goes ahead tonight Live on Sky that might hit the attendance too. I had planned to watch the first half at home then drive quickly to the game, but that obviously isn't an option.
Why risk driving through the bad weather when you can stay in the warm and watch sport on the TV instead.
I'd be surprised if the attendance gets over 1000 tonight.

DevilDom

Well I've just been and dug my car out and been out. Once I a got out of my street the roads were fine so i'll be there as I'm actually quite looking forward to it.

The game has gone from one I would expect us to win to one I hope we can sneak a win in so in a perverse way that makes it more interesting for me. Add in the fact that we usually perform better in adversity its the first game I'm really looking forward to since boxing day.

Well we will be there....more than anything to cheer on our netty cause lets face it he's gunna need all the support he can get isn't he??? Let's get behind G and the team!!! C'mon devils :)