Devils Vs Blaze –29th August 7.30pm Face Off-Chat/Updates

Re: Devils Vs Blaze –29th September 7.30pm Face Off-Chat/Upd

Nothing's happened yet, and if it's an illegal hit, why should it go unpunished? I'm sure you'd be feeling the same if a Devils player ended up out with concussion?

Mooney#16

That will happen when you admire a pass and leave your chin down. If its an elbow then ok it's bad but can't see the angle on the video. Looked shoulder to me and the head contact was consequential not targeted and deliberate so for me no penalty.

kettdevil1 said:
Tad# said:
Rumour:

The league has asked the hit on Domish to be taken down as its now being investigated by the league.
That was my initial thought.... not sure if I am falling into the conspiracy theory though....
But it hasnt been taken down :?

kettdevil1

nmase20 said:
kettdevil1 said:
Tad# said:
Rumour:

The league has asked the hit on Domish to be taken down as its now being investigated by the league.
That was my initial thought.... not sure if I am falling into the conspiracy theory though....
But it hasnt been taken down :?
It was, then, as if by magic, it reappeared....
;)

Must of just been a tech screw up then. Hope all the rumours are wrong. No word on Domish yet..:/

Mooney#16

Seems UkImagineer was playing a little prank. Rotter. Look what you started. Watched it again. Stand by my statement. That elbow is down and skates leave the ice after the hit so no charging etc. struggle to see a call in it even if it is big and nasty viewing for Domish. Nice hit from a technical perspective actually. Pretty coaching manual worthy.

drainage

Looked to me as though Domish didnt have his head up ..... Not every hit is illegal .... Seemed a far check from what was played in rink

Chris

Administrator

Is there any sort of precedent for the league issuing/not issuing a ban from an incident in a friendly/warmup game?

If anything the hit looks fair but he bounces off the player behind him ,

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

I'm an out and out devils fan, but I love ny ice hockey, watch all the NHL I can.if this league punishes maxi for that then its a joke. No wonder this league doesng grow, talking to a couple of newbies and they turned and said, looks like these aren't guys aren't allowed to hit! That's what the love of this sport is for, full contact.

Not a Devils or Blaze fan, and I'm a big fan of a good hit. If a player gets injured from a hit it dosent mean its an illegal hit. However from the video that hit looks high to me, hard angle to judge it though.

Skippy

Thread starter #53

Tricky to tell from that clip.

Either way hoping Domish makes a speedy recovery.

Good game tonight and good result for an under strength Devils side.

Looking at Coventry its early days but expected more from the Leeb brothers.

Very impressed with Guthrie tonight as a skill guy trying to stand up for his team.

Chris said:
Is there any sort of precedent for the league issuing/not issuing a ban from an incident in a friendly/warmup game?
Usual EIHA form is to see what the Squealers think about an incident - find the perpetrators GUILTY - punishments are a closely guarded secret known only to the gob of the North aka Dave Simms. ;)

How could the league issue a ban from an incident in a friendly game? It's purely a game arranged by 2 teams without any league involvement.

Anyway, my thoughts on tonight, enjoyed the game. Always going to be a bit scrappy, especially first period I thought the quality was poor. Liked the look of Blight and Max played a good game. Deeds looked like he struggled against the bigger guy but I'm sure those 2 will have another go ove the next season.

Hockey's back!!

On a side note, what a miserable experience the whole parking scenario was this evening......(just wanted to mention it mind, not intending to derail the thread from talk of the game).

Max

CrazySquish said:
Tyson Marsh impressed me tonight he looked a very good player
Same thinking here, he had an excellent game. Loads of ice time, skated well, good positioning, looked comfortable on the puck, played it out of defence well and a good finish.

skippy said:
New goal music was great !
Really? I wasn't a big fan.
I understand trying to find a signature goal tune rather than just copying others but i'd have preferred something a bit better known so people could clap or cheer/sing along. Im sure ill get used to it if we decide to keep it though. :D

Missed the intro thanks to the ridiculous queues for the car park (and i parked in Morrisons) - guessing it wasn't a new one yet?

Team looked quite promising considering we were 2 imports down - Looking forward to seeing them once they have had a chance to settle and gel a bit more. Exciting times.
I also liked the 3 stars at the end of the game. Thought they usually had 3 stars picked from both teams which seems a little fairer, especially if the away team won however, i think i prefer it to the mom system.

Have Hope#35

Great game tonight... Birbraer's hit was definitely clean, don't know what all the fuss is about? Neither Deeds or Olsson landed a good punch but figure they're saving themselves for the big games as neither looked interested in the fight! Some real stand out players tonight, Deeds was good, Birbraer looked back to his best, Ben Davies was sharp as always but with added physicality and I thought Faulkner and Marsh were incredible!
Osaer deserves a shout out too... Just imagine when MacRae and Milam join the team? On the whole I'm really excited! (Not going to mention the Parking though)
Happy Hockey Days!!! :Banana