Devils v Storm - Sat 1 Apr 2017 - Championships 1/4 F - 1st leg - FO 7pm - Chat/Updates

bdevil

Can someone explain the illegal equipment penalty which i think was taken by Ulmer with about 4 minutes left in the second period. From where i was sat, it looked like he dropped his stick, picked it up again then was called a penalty. Something which at least 4 other players did during the course of the game without a penalty.
Stick may have been broken, I'm not sure if it was, but, picking up a broken stick is 2 minutes for illegal equipment, picking up an in tact stick is fine

osh

I didn't say Piggott and Jones were on together did I ? I'm making the point as to why they were iced when we went 2 - 1 down as I don't think they'd iced up to that time. Also, where do I lay any blame 'the Brits'. Once again, they get minimal I've time, hardly 4 lone hockey is it. Either way, I wasn't too happy with our 3 1/2 line against their 2 1/2 lines, we will need to put our chances away tonight and be up for them raising their game on home ice. I'm confident we can do it.

kettdevil1

Anyone else see Nielson blowing kisses (sarcastic obv) at Benti from the box. Lol.
There were a couple of occasions tonight where Benti was involved in stiring it up.
Benti is always involved in stirring things up! More and more he reminds me of Vez...

Cracking game of playoff hockey with the Devils just about edging it. We weren't at our best but did enough to take the lead up North. As says been said, we need to be disciplined and clinical tonight and also be a little more 'crash, bang wallop'.... we were trying to play through the trap a little too much (although not as much as when we couldn't solve Nottingham at the start of the season) and I am not sure if that is the best approach.

Should be a cracker tonight.

Wannabe2

I didn't say Piggott and Jones were on together did I ? I'm making the point as to why they were iced when we went 2 - 1 down as I don't think they'd iced up to that time. Also, where do I lay any blame 'the Brits'. Once again, they get minimal I've time, hardly 4 lone hockey is it. Either way, I wasn't too happy with our 3 1/2 line against their 2 1/2 lines, we will need to put our chances away tonight and be up for them raising their game on home ice. I'm confident we can do it.
Osh that third line sentence is so funny, fair does to you. It sounds like something from Allo, Allo.

RedDevil17

Good performance yesterday overall against a very feisty storm team, we should've played playoff hockey throughout the whole game and the whole season in your face style hockey. Anyway happy with the lead but maybe 2 goals would've been more sufficient but will be interesting to see what happens tonight. Good thing is steelers lost by 3 goals so hopefully they go out which makes it easier for us if we do go through. Also, what on earth were them jerseys? They were dire! Wrong red and just didn't go with the shorts or socks at all, just nasty shirts and if Rhino keep making them at least get the colour red right!!

osh

Osh that third line sentence is so funny, fair does to you. It sounds like something from Allo, Allo.

Delighted to hear my post has brought a smile to your face......cos fair 'doos', yours often have me in fits of laughter !
Happy Hockey days. On a serious note, I hope our 3 1/2 lines do the business against their 2 1/2 lines tonight.

Tyke Devil

Wow.....TBH.....I hate the "playoffs"..........it is the lesser of all trophies to be won. Means nothing. Win 4 games and win a play-off? Garbage. Not worth 20 lines of shite though. Just saying Joey.

Wow.....TBH.....I hate the "playoffs"..........it is the lesser of all trophies to be won. Means nothing. Win 4 games and win a play-off? Garbage. Not worth 20 lines of shite though. Just saying Joey.
Although I couldn't agree with you more about our play off system, I would disagree with your opinion on what Joey has said here. Its quite clearly a well written point of view, from a passionate supporter. I for one agree with his opinion about other teams running bowns. The only guy who showed a bit of character and tried to irritate Clemente last night was Myers. Everybody else was playing fairly around their netminder even though there was clear intent with what they were trying to do to bowns. There was a certain person last year that wouldn't have any of that last night and even though he left the club under sour circumstances id have him back in a heartbeat to protect our skill guys. Yes he was slow and yes he wasn't the most skillful D man out there but incidents like last night would have been dealt with as soon as he got his next shift.

Ocko

I'll agree with the distinct lack of enforcing. I think teams are working out that we let them get to the net without anyone having to answer. As I said previously, I didn't think we were any less physical than Storm or needed to up the hits but that game needed a fight to cut the crap out. We aren't a naturally protective team and whether something is accidental or not if someone goes near your netminder they have to pay. When Bowns was taken out last night and hurt Bordy was on the ice, as he was when Sarich injured him. Not acceptable IMO. If that player isn't willing to dance he calls Neilson out. I say Bordy but the same would apply to Batch, Lord or Louis if they were on the ice.

Samael

I'd like to see the current POFW format dumped tbh, especially as it's not even in a neutral location. If it pays for the season's officiating though l can't see them ditching it. Perhaps it can be moved to whereever this proposed London KHL team will be based and recapture a bit of the magic from the old wembley arena days. Until we adopt an epic NHL best of series though the playoffs are a farce and the championship with least value in my opinion.

ASHIPP

Knockout Cup might be a more apt name for the UK Playoffs in its current format. (true playoff format is so different and testing).
Nevertheless, another trophy for teams to compete for....and some have been battling for the chance to qualify for weeks. That is why teams like Storm, Flyers,Stars are so dangerous. They are playing the intense style of hockey required to get through these rounds for a while. Certainly not to be taken for granted....whether you are League Champions or won everything else already.
If the Devils manage to get the good result they deserve, they will have earned it by playing intense, working harder, stronger and smarter than their opposition.

august04

I'd like to see the current POFW format dumped tbh, especially as it's not even in a neutral location. If it pays for the season's officiating though l can't see them ditching it. Perhaps it can be moved to whereever this proposed London KHL team will be based and recapture a bit of the magic from the old wembley arena days. Until we adopt an epic NHL best of series though the playoffs are a farce and the championship with least value in my opinion.
Agreed. The current play off format is a joke and for me because of that, it's the third most desirable trophy behind the league and the challenge cup. The format needs to change, with a longer path to victory and we keep hearing people within the EIHL saying they want it to change but then do nothing about it.

Does anybody know if the webcasts work on a Xbox one? I don't own a smart TV so was going to try and stream it through my Xbox. Know this thread is for the first leg but thought someone posting in here might now. Thanks in advance.

I'd say the play-offs are the fourth hardest competition to win because you need to be better than four other teams over 32 games to win the conference title, not just better than three teams over four games. I'm still hoping to qualify for the finals weekend, though.

Jonesy83

Does anybody know if the webcasts work on a Xbox one? I don't own a smart TV so was going to try and stream it through my Xbox. Know this thread is for the first leg but thought someone posting in here might now. Thanks in advance.
I've streamed icetimetv and Belfast's webcast through Microsoft Edge on my Xbox one and it worked fine, can't see why Manchester would be any different but I've never bought their webcast before.