Devils v Storm - Sat 1 Apr 2017 - Championships 1/4 F - 1st leg - FO 7pm - Chat/Updates

Devil_Abroad

We will have, I believe its a rule. Unlikely we'll make such a fuss as other have though, I was always given the impression as an organisation we're not a fan of the Rhino jerseys.
I concur with club - they're awful every year

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

kingmo19.1

Very excited about these 2 games, as we all know that anything can happen. I think there is a different expectation this year which could be an added pressure, but with confidence so high the winning mentality should shine through. Cum on u Devils !!
Rob, I enjoy reading your posts, but there does seem to be a quite regular occurrence of a pretty embarrassing typo !

Vartel

Can someone explain the illegal equipment penalty which i think was taken by Ulmer with about 4 minutes left in the second period. From where i was sat, it looked like he dropped his stick, picked it up again then was called a penalty. Something which at least 4 other players did during the course of the game without a penalty.

Foxy

Can someone explain the illegal equipment penalty which i think was taken by Ulmer with about 4 minutes left in the second period. From where i was sat, it looked like he dropped his stick, picked it up again then was called a penalty. Something which at least 4 other players did during the course of the game without a penalty.
Think it was for his helmet being undone. Has to be done up at any time

august04

I'm happy to take a one goal lead into Manchester after that performance tonight. We didn't play with anything like the required intensity for play off hockey until the 3rd period. We had more numbers than them and should have taken the body from the off (how many times have we said that though against Storm this year?). Anyway we got a lead - hopefully it's enough but it's going to be tight tomorrow night in that barn. And my God, those play off shirts are awful. We should tell the league to do one and wear our own jerseys rather than those cheap and nasty Rhino shirts. Every year, the red colour isn't right, they are truly appalling. Why would anyone want to bid for one of those at the end of the play offs?

E.D.S.

Just can't get excited about these playoff games. I really couldn't care about the playoffs under this current format. I apprecaite there is still a trophy to play for and yes I'll take it if it's on offer but I can't get excited about it. This is all about the players for me and whether they want it or not. It's just a cherry on top of what has been the most unbelievable cake. I'll be in Nottingham whether the boys make it or not. This season has been unreal. Simply unreal. If the boys want it bad enough and play the way they can, they'll win it but there is no pressure from me.
Decent game tonight. Great road game played by the Storm and some real standout performances defensively by them, short benched as well. Can't help thinking that a series (even a short best of 3) would make the playoffs a but more meaningful and more interesting for the fans, given how fiesty it was getting.
Well done to the boys tonight and a great game by the Storm.
It's up to you now lads. Do you want it?

Ocko

It was a battle tonight. It doesn't mean we played badly because we didn't blow them away. I think the expectation is a little disrespectful to the opposition, it's playoff hockey and it was played and reffed as such - a different game which suits teams like Storm.

We were the better team throughout and I hope/think Storm tired. Whilst a lot of PP and PK time limited our 4 lines, we still looked the fresher of the two.

Although it was a physical game it really needed a fight to settle things down. Scuffles at the end of every whistle, players getting too close to Bowns; Neilson and Bordy needed to go.

osh

First off, and credit where it's due, great road performance from Storm. Playing with no more than 2 1/2 lines, I thought they were great. And I thought their fans deserve equal credit for getting behind their team 100% and out shouting us all night ! Couldn't for the life of me understand why when we went 2 - 1 down, we would bring on Jones and Piggott ? We started off well, good first period and should have been at least 3 up but for poor finishing. Then Hotham gives the puck up and they score short handed and we start to panic. Anyway, we got the win which was just about deserved and I hope we go in to tomorrow's game with a different attitude and play a more physical game in a smaller rink. Would expect is to bring in Kearney in place of Brine for tomorrow's game.

Ocko

Have to disagree with a few posts; I really don't think we were werent physical enough. Probably the most hits I've seen us throw in weeks. I don't remember many times where I thought we pulled out or didn't hit hard enough. We made enough hits and are too good a team to be chasing teams around for hits. Manchester are the team who's game plan would've been dump and chase, hitting, trap hockey. We're better than that.

osh

Oops. Thanks for correcting me. Think he may play for a.n.other then. I also think if we go one or two goals up tomorrow ( hopefully ) certain Storm players - who needed to be dealt with tonight - may see it as an opportunity to go out in a blaze of glory by getting our guys involved in fights etc, which could have a serious effect for the following week's play offs.

Pondlife

Anyone else see Nielson blowing kisses (sarcastic obv) at Benti from the box. Lol.
There were a couple of occasions tonight where Benti was involved in stiring it up.

ASHIPP

Devils need an early goal tomorrow to make the Storm break their 'wall' setup of trap hockey. Storm will then have to start attacking.

A clinical pp will be essential for the Devils if they do only get limited scoring chances.

And smart physicality and good discipline also key....the two refs 'in charge' tomorrow both have a whistle-happy style.

First off, and credit where it's due, great road performance from Storm. Playing with no more than 2 1/2 lines, I thought they were great. And I thought their fans deserve equal credit for getting behind their team 100% and out shouting us all night ! Couldn't for the life of me understand why when we went 2 - 1 down, we would bring on Jones and Piggott ? We started off well, good first period and should have been at least 3 up but for poor finishing. Then Hotham gives the puck up and they score short handed and we start to panic. Anyway, we got the win which was just about deserved and I hope we go in to tomorrow's game with a different attitude and play a more physical game in a smaller rink. Would expect is to bring in Kearney in place of Brine for tomorrow's game.
Jones and Piggott weren't on together and weren't on for any of the goals, why wouldn't you play 4 lines against three?????? Our top lines were poor against a team who play a very good trap, usually with a high guy. But hey let's blame the Brits