Devils v Stingrays - 27/03 - 5:30pm - Playoff - Chat/Updates

Devil Dom i do wonder if Devils fans only have something to say if we are losing ??????? The best team by far i have seen for many years .

Ger-Devils

dmd said:
Devil Dom i do wonder if Devils fans only have something to say if we are losing ??????? The best team by far i have seen for many years .
Now now :lol:

I'm still knackered from the trip last night- only 5 hours kip when I got back up before back out again!

Good win by us, some nice goals and a deserved win. 3rd period we just slowed it down and that's what let them back into tonight's game with those goals.

Lets just stay focused and slay some Giants next Saturday!

DevilDom

dmd said:
I think we are all guilty of that sometimes - me included, anyway credit where credit is due, we have a great team this year, so let enjoy it while it lasts and hope they get the recognition they deserve with a trophy to show for it!

Koop11

We did what we had to do. Credit to Hull, they played physical and certainly gave it a good go. They’re a much better side this season than they have been in recent years and with Cloutier and Tendler back next season there is plenty to build upon.

It wasn’t the most exciting of semi finals for us but I guess we have been spoilt with some nail biters over the years (Nottingham and Belfast spring to mind). It many respects though it was nice to have qualified with some degree of ease as my heart couldn’t take another tight game this season.

Sir Tylor was the catalyst for everything last night. He was the leader on the ice. Stu, as ever, worked his socks off. Both he and Matzka are great two way players and their work rate paid off for us.

We will certainly have to step it up a gear this weekend. Every player needs to play their part. I can’t wait for the weekend now. You just know this week in work will drag.

We’re going to the playoff finals. Woohoo!

ASHIPP

The Devils are in the Playoff semi finals and damn right too :eek: The Devils are the only team to qualify every year of the Elite League history for this weekend. That shows consistency. The Devils are going into the Playoffs having won their last 11 games - that also shows consistency.
Last night they played their usual disciplined, gritty, tenacious game-winning style although look like they eased off a little in p3.
As Dom says, if there is any justice in this world, the Devils so deserve a great reward at the weekend to finish their season in style. :cool:
This could start on Saturday, against the Giants, with Dan Welch in the sinbin, the Devils on a pp....and Sir Tylor scoring the game winning goal. ;) :?

I'm glad the rays gave us a run for our money and put the pressure on a bit. I noticed in the league after an easy game like a trip to Edinburgh it sometimes took the team a while to find their feet again against the tougher opposition. I was worried the Caps game in the league followed by a potential walkover against Hull might rob the Devils of their 'cutting edge' going into the big weekend.

A great performance to take us into the Playoff finals weekend and an enjoyable last home game. I wish they could have scored in the 3rd tho, especially when Brad came close with 10 seconds left.

Come on Devils! :twisted:

ASHIPP

Mark666 said:
I'm glad the rays gave us a run for our money and put the pressure on a bit. I noticed in the league after an easy game like a trip to Edinburgh it sometimes took the team a while to find their feet again against the tougher opposition. I was worried the Caps game in the league followed by a potential walkover against Hull might rob the Devils of their 'cutting edge' going into the big weekend. A great performance to take us into the Playoff finals weekend and an enjoyable last home game. I wish they could have scored in the 3rd tho, especially when Brad came close with 10 seconds left.

Come on Devils! :twisted:
The first leg away at Hull was a tough road game. And last night, the Stingrays still pressed hard, disrupting the Devils game in p3 and scoring 2 goals. None of the 4 teams in the semi have really had an easy ride - even Panthers had a close game in Braehead and Steelers got a scare in Dundee.
2 fantastic semi finals coming up this weekend - every team will be battling hard. Devils know they will have to raise the bar even higher.

Well done Devils. Thankfully the nerves were calmed early on and it was fairly comfortable in the end. Well done to Stingrays for putting up a good fight in what has been a decent season going from almost not competing at all to finishing just 1 point behind last years champions and clinching a quarter-final play off place with plenty of games to spare!

Gutted Giants beat Blaze - that's going to be a really tough semi-final. Would be awesome to avenge the final defeat last year and them knocking us out of CC this year.

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #29
*Takes a deep breath*

I'd like to apologise to more or less everyone for the 3 or 4 posts I put up on this thread over the past few days in answer to some of the questions and replies on here. I very clearly overreacted to some of them and the wording of my posts not only broke my own rules that i've previously moderated other people for, but it simply wasn't needed and only served to aggravate the situation further.

Secondly, this topic is now unlocked but a lot of posts have been removed, this is my doing and nothing to do with the other mods. After taking a lot of flak over this topic from both sides of the argument, i've done something that I perhaps should have done as soon as the thread risked going so badly off topic.

Finally, a lot of posts have gone missing in this thread, over 7 pages worth, in some of this there were posts made that were actual discussion of the game, but some of the posts they quoted were ones i've deleted, so I took the decision to delete everything from the original offending post onwards. If anyone wants to post their thoughts again, please do so.

Chris.

TheStub

Hull were clearly up for the weekend. If they played like that every week the would be a top half of the table, and take a lot of points from a lot of the so called bigger teams.

They game plan on Saturday (aside from roughty toughty physical play) was to obviously win the match up battle. It was a textbook home game. Our first line were taken out of it by Cloutier's line matches, and our second line largely taken out.

That was where our depth shined, and the third unit really stepped up.

For periods you could see Hull shuffling to keep us out, but in the end we managed to just scrape a winning margin. G and Franny will probably as much out coached as the team out played.

Sunday in Cardiff, we got second change and then dictated the match ups. With our first line cut a bit lose we went to work. 1st and 3rd unit outplaying their lines and the 2nd unit keeping the bigger guys quiet. A few early goals, Hull were on the ropes and looked out of it.

G and Franny will want to have a think about how they may deal with similar tactics over the weekend. I was very impressed. All I can come up with is mash the lines a bit to try and reduce the match ups. Interesting to see what G would do.

All credit to Hull, they never let up and played us all the way to the end. I hope Cloutier is going to be able to build on this season. If they can get the results and the crowds, that team will be challenging for silverware in a few seasons.

Russky

Its the mark of a REAL man to acknowledge his own error(s) and to do so on a public forum takes alot of guts! Well Done Chris!

Kipper

Russky said:
Its the mark of a REAL man to acknowledge his own error(s) and to do so on a public forum takes alot of guts! Well Done Chris!
Agree entirely. Very well done Chris. I have always had respect for what you have done with this forum and your independence and you have gone up further in my estimation for the way you have put this right.

Kipper said:
Russky said:
Agree entirely. Very well done Chris. I have always had respect for what you have done with this forum and your independence and you have gone up further in my estimation for the way you have put this right.

Well done Chris.
Now lets go and win the play-offs. So sorry thought as I wont be there :(

Wannabe2

Nice one Chris, as you know i have made a few howlers over time, and probably will in the future its called being human i suppose. Anyway thanks for clearing the air, it was a very mature decision on your part, being a Devils fan is not always easy, but we all have the same wishes at the end of the day, and thats to see our beloved club prosper. So bring on the weekend and lets party.
HAPPY HOCKEY DAYS.

TheStub

Chris said:
*Takes a deep breath*

I'd like to apologise to more or less everyone for the 3 or 4 posts I put up on this thread over the past few days in answer to some of the questions and replies on here. I very clearly overreacted to some of them and the wording of my posts not only broke my own rules that i've previously moderated other people for, but it simply wasn't needed and only served to aggravate the situation further.

Secondly, this topic is now unlocked but a lot of posts have been removed, this is my doing and nothing to do with the other mods. After taking a lot of flak over this topic from both sides of the argument, i've done something that I perhaps should have done as soon as the thread risked going so badly off topic.

Finally, a lot of posts have gone missing in this thread, over 7 pages worth, in some of this there were posts made that were actual discussion of the game, but some of the posts they quoted were ones i've deleted, so I took the decision to delete everything from the original offending post onwards. If anyone wants to post their thoughts again, please do so.

Chris.
I'm sorry that this has caused you so much hassle. A lot of people, other than yourself, need to look at their conduct around this (myself included - the tone and the vociferousness of my posts was not intended).

I just hope those that were sending Chris PMs and texts are also likewise contrite, and have forwarded on apologies. It takes a big person to admit they were wrong, and currently Chris seems to be standing taller than most on here.