Devils v Steelers - 24/10 - 6:00pm - League - chat/updates

mp43 said:
On a side note, glad to see that the idiot that was shouting and spitting at hicksy the week before, wasn't at the game last night. Even though Hicksy was shocking last week, somebody spitting at him ,and in front of many children, is an absolute disgrace. The club should take a stance and ban this idiot!!!! Rant over!
I spoke to two of the rink stewards last night (not the volunteer helpers) reference the aforementioned idiot being banned or not, seems the camp is split on this one as the stewards I spoke to wanted him banned but its been swept under the carpet by the powers to be. Good to have friends in high places I suppose.

Are there any other witnesses to the altercation?

I think you'll find other than G, phil Hill, Frannie, he has been in this Team longer than any other player, including Brad, thats 6 years as it stated in the program last night. He hasn;t been benching all that time and has been the 5th D man for a few of those years where he's played a regular shift, both home and away. Unless we were imagining it. It's probably only due to the fact we had 6 D this season that he hasnt had as much ice time as normal. Ben has also been here quite a few years now since he moved up, it seems the benching period in cardiff is much longer than other elite clubs.

The ice was really bad, my friend had a skating lesson today and has told me large sections are barriered off today and there is talk of the rink being closed to the public tomorrow and wednesday to try and sort it by the game wednesday!

Its half term as well and when i went down friday a large group of kids where happily chipping huge holes in the ice and making snowballs :shock:

PCS

From what I been told the coolers have broke, this combined with increased wear and tear has caused the underlay (sand) to rise up. There was supposedly a film of water covering the whole ice , not just patches. this doesn't look good ......

Prickly Pete said:
mp43 said:
On a side note, glad to see that the idiot that was shouting and spitting at hicksy the week before, wasn't at the game last night. Even though Hicksy was shocking last week, somebody spitting at him ,and in front of many children, is an absolute disgrace. The club should take a stance and ban this idiot!!!! Rant over!
I spoke to two of the rink stewards last night (not the volunteer helpers) reference the aforementioned idiot being banned or not, seems the camp is split on this one as the stewards I spoke to wanted him banned but its been swept under the carpet by the powers to be. Good to have friends in high places I suppose.

If it was the guy at the front of Block 3 I was 2 rows behind him. He was shouting over the barrier at Hicks when he was at the Coventry bench, but I didn't see any spitting.

Jones72

BBW said:
Prickly Pete said:
mp43 said:

If it was the guy at the front of Block 3 I was 2 rows behind him. He was shouting over the barrier at Hicks when he was at the Coventry bench, but I didn't see any spitting.
Same here...I stand at the back of block 3 and saw no spitting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finny

I didn't see any spitting either, and I was pretty close to the incident....

In all seriousness though, I was the guy leaning over the barrier. I certainly did not spit (disgusting thing to do - never have and never will).
I was also not using any bad language. I simply lost my composure for a minute or so and had a rant at Hicks. I was then warned by a steward for leaning over the barrier as it is unsafe. I am a little embarrassed at going so over the top and did apologise on here on the relevant game

I have not been banned - I missed the weekends game because I was in Barcelona. Assuming Planet Ice have sorted the ice out in time for tomorrows game I will be back.

Am I definately the person being accussed of spitting? I remember there was mention of such an incident at the time but I thought it happened when the officials left the ice under block 15?

I'm not even sure you are Finny. We saw you leaning over the barrier, but there were definately others making their voices heard.

Ugliest atmosphere I've ever experienced down there.

James

Administrator
PCS said:
From what I been told the coolers have broke, this combined with increased wear and tear has caused the underlay (sand) to rise up. There was supposedly a film of water covering the whole ice , not just patches. this doesn't look good ......
Apparently the ice problems have been fixed and the rink will be re-flooded tonight. So other than maybe being a bit hard, the ice should be good for tomorrow.

TheStub

I think the problems with the ice may have been linked to the cherry picker that blew it's head gasket on it Saturday.

They fixed the roof though. But they were left having to clear a large oil contamination from the ice. For once, it is hard to blame PI for rented equipment failing. And at least they worked overnight to give us a playing surface.

TheStub

They put the insulation that was hanging down back, plus some other odds and sods.

Fair play... they actually did some maintenance.

TheStub said:
I think the problems with the ice may have been linked to the cherry picker that blew it's head gasket on it Saturday.

They fixed the roof though. But they were left having to clear a large oil contamination from the ice. For once, it is hard to blame PI for rented equipment failing. And at least they worked overnight to give us a playing surface.
pity they couldn't fix things as quick as that cherry picker, as it was back out sunday night after the game putting what looked like new disco lights up ;)

TheStub

Note that after the game there were two cherry pickers. A replacement and a dead one... that looked very dead.

Delivery of the replacement picker was also the reason there was no parking at the end of the rink.

TheStub said:

The problems with the ice have been going on a lot longer than since Saturday. The ice has been bad since it was relaid, the same as the ice in nearly every PI rink