Devils v Steelers - 24/10 - 6:00pm - League - chat/updates

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #1
Hey hey,

We'll be running Match Night Live! for this game from the usual location of http://www.the-inferno.co.uk/mnl

OJ will be hosting this game and as always can be contacted before/during the game at matchnightlive@gmail.com

Devils are without Sawyer/an import down, but Voth did return to last nights game vs the Newcastle Vipers...

Steelers are without a whole load of players, they have signed a brit replacement but i'm not too sure who he's replacing. Globke also warmed up in last nights game, but didn't play... Not quite sure what that's about?

With both teams winning their games on Saturday, 3-6 in Newcastle for us and 4-1 in Sheffield for the Steelers against the Blaze, hopefully this game will be a good one!

Chris.

Re: Steelers v Devils - 24/10 - 6:00pm - League - chat/updates

took this off the steeler forum

So we now have;

Geoff Woolhouse (awaiting an operation?)

Mark Thomas - broken foot.

Rob Globke - concussion

Jonathan Phillips - ? knee injury

and now Jerramie Domish goes off seeming to hold his arm and did not come back in the 3rd.

nearly a third of the squad injured.

I know we have Squires as extra cover, but is there news on the timescales for the recovery of the others (without me trawling through every thread)Steeler-in-notts
Promising Rookie

wildthing74

Re: Steelers v Devils - 24/10 - 6:00pm - League - chat/updates

I think they are over egging it a bit.They have lost 2 Brits in Thomas and Phillips and Globke making his way back but I think apart from that they have a full squad.Back up n/m aint really a problem unless the main man gets injured ofcourse.

James

Administrator
Just a reminder. I will be standing as usual opposite skate hire at the plexi tonight if people want to bring their sponsorship money. (places are still available ;) )

Gazza272

Just a note, if you dont want to keep typing the Steelers Goaltenders name. His nickname is 'the moose' or simply 'moose' will save you a lot of time :lol:

kettdevil1

Gazza272 said:
Just a note, if you dont want to keep typing the Steelers Goaltenders name. His nickname is 'the moose' or simply 'moose' will save you a lot of time :lol:
Alternatively "Rebound" normally covers it....

kettdevil1 said:
Gazza272 said:
Alternatively "Rebound" normally covers it....
:lol: Does he even have opposable thumbs? He couldn't grab anythin! :lol:

Great display. Was worried initially that the lines didn't look too settled (i suppose dropping Vother back in has moved a few people around) but they got over that and into a really good show.
Happy hockey days... :D

Good win!! And a 4 point weekend... All the forwards looked awesome, and the defence just about held up. I was impressed with our PK tonight in particular, we kept them mostly to the outside and pressured the points well.

Sheffield's goalie really doesn't seem to like our rink. G mentioned that he's probably used to playing on huge olympic size pads - well tonight he was giving up rebounds everywhere. Something I was amazed the Devils didn't try to take advantage of in our 5-1 loss.

Credit to Ben Simon -- I'm enjoying watching us against the Steelers much more this year. He seems to have given the team a bit more freedom to attack, and take more risks (resulting in a lot of penalties mind). Not 100% sure about them winning the league, but the way he plays should get more bums on seats.

Wannabe2

Very entertaining game tonight, with both teams going all out for the win, big crowd who must have enjoyed it, well played lads a 4 point weekend, onwards and upwards as they say.

TheStub

Great display. The D didn't give as much concern as I'd been expecting.

To summarize:
Winning against the Steelers :D
Going 4-0 up :D :D
Giving up 3 goals :(
Making some poor choices on the luck when on the back foot :(
Not letting our heads drop :D
Seeing Campbell losing composure :D :D :D

All in, a great game.

drainage

TheStub said:
Great display. The D didn't give as much concern as I'd been expecting.

To summarize:
Winning against the Steelers :D
Going 4-0 up :D :D
Giving up 3 goals :(
Making some poor choices on the luck when on the back foot :(
Not letting our heads drop :D
Seeing Campbell losing composure :D :D :D

All in, a great game.
I love watching Campbell ....... his attempts at baiting Brad were hugely amusing !