Devils v Steelers - 11/12 - 7:00pm - League - Chat/Updates

Re: Re: Devils v Steelers - 11/12 - 7:00pm - League - Chat/Updat

TheStub said:
Holl_5 said:
Gazza272 said:
Dissapointed Clark played tongiht though
Classy...
I'm guessing dissapointed should read bemused. After being so clearly brought down by that sniper in the third row, you would think the wound wouldn't have healed yet.

Voth bearly touched Clarke, he must have winded himself in the dive. I gave it an 8.5... only topped by Talbot's tripple pike after Max's check.
Doesn't take much to bemuse him. ;)

That was actually me. I was aiming for Voth through the netting but my shot caught a fibre. Caught Clark right between the eyes. I must try harder next time.

Personally I preferred Domish's pirouette. Would have scored highly in the Olympics. Needs to work on his landing though.

DevilDom

Holl_5 said:
Gazza272 said:
Dissapointed Clark played tongiht though
Classy...
And that response is classier (if that is even a word).

You should read the whole of the thread as Gazza has been defending Clark against the accusations of diving made by lots of Devils fans (including myself) and was obviously dissapointed that the benefit of doubt he had given to Clark was possibly not justified. If anyone lacks class its the steelers players that chose to over emphasise every bit of contact made on the night and play on Hicks tendency to call us. This was a class less act (possibly a game plan from Simon knowing our history with hicks) that resulted in fans of both sides not knowing when a player was geuinely injured.

Wannabe2

Who really gives a toss, thats now history, we got 2 points the Steelers got what they deserved and that was ZILCH. The only reason the Steelers scored at all was the fact that they had a 5-3 ratio twice, and scored on both, as most teams should. After that nonsense when we got back to a very little normality, they were never in it, and that simply is why they lost. They lost because they were 2nd class on the night, that was very apparent for anyone to see.

Gaz G

Unfortunately I wasn't at the game on Saturday but I must say, what a team we have. From the reports I've read it shows great determination and team spirit to come back from 2-0 down whilst Hicksy was apparently being Hicksy.

Haven't seen it mentioned on here yet but to also do this without Sam Smith and Ben Davies is pretty awesome.

How much were they missed?

I'm really starting to believe in this team now.

Gazza272

Gaz G said:
Unfortunately I wasn't at the game on Saturday but I must say, what a team we have. From the reports I've read it shows great determination and team spirit to come back from 2-0 down whilst Hicksy was apparently being Hicksy.

Haven't seen it mentioned on here yet but to also do this without Sam Smith and Ben Davies is pretty awesome.

How much were they missed?

I'm really starting to believe in this team now.
Ben and Sam both played on Saturday.

Finny

osh said:
Hey Finny, missed your usual match reports, make sure future weddings are not arranged for match days please ! ;)
I have tried to make sure they all know for the future. Although I may not be invited to anymore weddings - apparently shouting "Get in!" whilst watching MNL is not appropriate behaviour whilst the newlyweds are having their first dance! :eek:

James

Administrator
Finny said:
Although I may not be invited to anymore weddings - apparently shouting "Get in!" whilst watching MNL is not appropriate behaviour whilst the newlyweds are having their first dance! :eek:
:lol: Did you explain that you weren't referring to the happy couple.

ASHIPP

Well done, the Devils,to get 2 hard fought points against a depleted Steelers side who tested and pushed the Devils for much of p1 and 2. A game fraught with tension and blighted by stoppages, Steelers definitely deserved to be ahead having disrupted the Devils, defended well and taken advantage of two 5 on 3s.
The Devils 'never say die'- Tylor's one-timer goal came after relentless effort and patience. Devils started taking control and Vother kept the momentum going despite all the stoppages. Scott completed the effort - the ability the guys have to turn the game to their advantage and their skill/confidence this season....anything is possible.

Officiating was shocking (so much going on 'off the puck' that was not noticed) although by the end of the game, Steelers were getting a fair taste of PIMs too. Ryan in the box is not good when we are 3-2....but taking Globke with him for the closing minutes was genius!

Standouts: Mark Smith and Ritchie v solid on d, Kenton with lovely passes, Vother everywhere, Tylor on fire, Ryan effectively nasty and Craig simply awesome. G says you can only play the team in front of you........against a depleted Steelers, we are fortunate and very happy to take 2 points. :D Expect there will be major revenge at the House of Steel. :twisted:

Finner did look a bit miffed at one point, i believe he was physically restrained by someone. I forget who.

I also just remembered Weller looking like he was asking someone to go at one point. Me and my girlfriend noticed him shaking his gloves as if to remove them but i cant remember who at. Maybe i'll ask him on his phone in.

To be honest Saturday was a bit of an emotional roller coaster so its a bit of a blur. All this winging from the Steelers is just not cricket. Can't wait for us to kick their asses again and prove that it wasn't ice or violent conduct that won it was skill, power and desire.