Devils v Steelers - 11/12 - 7:00pm - League - Chat/Updates

E.D.S.

Did you see Voth point Domish out for a beating next time they meet? Completely understand why Domish suckered Voth as you wouldn't really wait for him to get up and then go toe-to-toe with him but Domish landed two or three clear punches whilst Voth was tied up which was cowardly. God bless him next time they meet.

wildthing74

Considering Domish isn't a fighter I was amazed to see him go flying in.I think you would hope/expect your team mates would step up if you just got hammered and were seeing stars.
Also noted all the "tough guys" like Tait,Hewitt etc giving it the big one when Voth skated passed when he was getting thrown out.Wonder why they're not so brave when they are on the ice?

Russky

Forgive me if someone has made this point but I feel Hicks has 'an agenda' with Voth and will use penalties on Voth at any time to assert his 'own authority' on the game! the 2+10 for a check to the head was laughable for what was a good CLEAN mid ice check on Clarke! The fight was instigated by Campbell, who should have been penalised as such, as for the Tussle with Domish ( sorry door mouse - as I call him) Voth was subjected to two cowardly punches form said player, whilst lying on the ice. Domish should have got an additional penalty for unsportsmanlike conduct at least!

As for the ice problems, it seemed to be that Simon was pushing for an abandonement which would have suited them, G was not prepared to do so! From this point on the Squeelers started to question every penalty in an effort to disrupt the Devils, who were starting to get a game shift in momentum resulting their equalising and ultimately game winning goal!

E.D.S.

wildthing74 said:
Considering Domish isn't a fighter I was amazed to see him go flying in.I think you would hope/expect your team mates would step up if you just got hammered and were seeing stars.
Also noted all the "tough guys" like Tait,Hewitt etc giving it the big one when Voth skated passed when he was getting thrown out.Wonder why they're not so brave when they are on the ice?
I agree I would expect my team mates to step up but regardless of Voth's size or reputation you can't condone attacking someone when they can't defend themselves. He got 3 headshots in without his gloves on. That's the kind of thing that causes serious injury. Voth was fuming afterwards.

Completely agree about Tait, Hewitt and Talbot mouthing of. It's hilarious. Loved it when Max nailed Talbot and his legs completely went. What a hit!

drainage

Russky said:
Forgive me if someone has made this point but I feel Hicks has 'an agenda' with Voth and will use penalties on Voth at any time to assert his 'own authority' on the game! the 2+10 for a check to the head was laughable for what was a good CLEAN mid ice check on Clarke! The fight was instigated by Campbell, who should have been penalised as such, as for the Tussle with Domish ( sorry door mouse - as I call him) Voth was subjected to two cowardly punches form said player, whilst lying on the ice. Domish should have got an additional penalty for unsportsmanlike conduct at least!

As for the ice problems, it seemed to be that Simon was pushing for an abandonement which would have suited them, G was not prepared to do so! From this point on the Squeelers started to question every penalty in an effort to disrupt the Devils, who were starting to get a game shift in momentum resulting their equalising and ultimately game winning goal!
If Hicks doesnt have an issue with Voth he is sure going the wrong way to prove it - all the attention he pays him he must have a man crush !!

yngwie said:
Can anybody tell me if the ruling that only the Captain or his assistants can speak to the ref about the game has changed ? I have noticed that a number of teams, we all know which ones, constantly question every decision that is made, last night Simon spent more time talking to Hicks than he did to his own team mates ! I can remember when refs used to tell players to go away and get on with the game otherwise a misconduct penalty was coming their way !
I totally agree and it real drives me mad. Bonniface with all his faults never allowed this to happen, he simply refused and if a player continued then he would give a mis-conduct penalty.
Anyway onwards and upwards, well done to all the team who played their socks off.

Earnie

Anybody know how close we got to having the game abandoned?

Despite his grim first period Hicks did have the patience to allow repairs to be effected and for the game to resume. I see on Steelers website that the injury to Legue is blamed on bad ice in Cardiff.

Come On Planet Ice - SORT IT

Earnie said:

Despite his grim first period Hicks did have the patience to allow repairs to be effected and for the game to resume. I see on Steelers website that the injury to Legue is blamed on bad ice in Cardiff.

Seriously !!! he didnt even play last night (or am i being dumb and missing a joke)

Apparently Panties winning 5-1, comment from one of their fans 'if we play like this every game we'll win the league' Was tempted to reply if you play every game like you did last night you won't!!!

cardiffdevil said:
Apparently Panties winning 5-1, comment from one of their fans 'if we play like this every game we'll win the league' Was tempted to reply if you play every game like you did last night you won't!!!
3 6 now come on Caps

drainage

dmd said:
Earnie said:

Seriously !!! he didnt even play last night (or am i being dumb and missing a joke)
He played Brad checked him to the head, boarded him, suckered punched him and took a machete to his knee caps- Brad took a lifetime ban and then legue fell down the whole that Brad had cunningly dug and covered with a slush puppy (raspberry flavoured)......... If anyone says Legue hurt himself in the BBT I think I will have to give up and go home!!

Unless I too am mad he wasnt there !

Gazza272

Russky said:
The fight was instigated by Campbell, who should have been penalised as such, as for the Tussle with Domish ( sorry door mouse - as I call him) Voth was subjected to two cowardly punches form said player, whilst lying on the ice. Domish should have got an additional penalty for unsportsmanlike conduct at least!

!

Eh? Voth clearly asked Campbell to go at the face off and Campbell agreed. Where did Campbell instigate it? And you know what it was a masterstroke by Voth. We had lost the momentum of the goal due to the bears being cleaned up and we needed a boost and boy Voth gave us one.

And as for Domish, could you hand on heart say that if any of our players didnt that you wouldnt be annoyed if they were harshly penalised? Domish did what any good team mate would do when he saw one of his guys lying prone on the ice.

Dissapointed Clark played tongiht though, i can only deduce he was winded last night and nothing more. Something which I dont think justified the time he lay prone on the ice.

Holl_5 said:
Gazza272 said:
Dissapointed Clark played tongiht though
Classy...
Don't take half a sentence out of context - you can take a tiny bit from almost any post and use it to prove how classy a poster is. From the whole post it is clear that Gazza is disappointed the Clark was play acting the severity of the injury, and not disappointed that Clark wasn't seriously injured.

TheStub

Re: Re: Devils v Steelers - 11/12 - 7:00pm - League - Chat/Updat

Holl_5 said:
Gazza272 said:
Dissapointed Clark played tongiht though
Classy...
I'm guessing dissapointed should read bemused. After being so clearly brought down by that sniper in the third row, you would think the wound wouldn't have healed yet.

Voth bearly touched Clarke, he must have winded himself in the dive. I gave it an 8.5... only topped by Talbot's tripple pike after Max's check.