Devils v Panthers - Sat 28 Jan 2017 - FO 7pm - Comments/Updates

Electro

To me Lord came across as being a bit fed up. Still find it surprising that he has just learnt a few things concerning player management, as a player he must surely have been on a team in a dip and observed how a coach deals with it.

Todd wants him in the line up, this season sure, but something needs to be addressed coaching wise.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bdevil

Electro, why is that when we win convincingly it is due to the opposition being poor yet when we lose convincingly it is down to Lord being out-coached?
I think we need to give credit to Lord for making the tough decision in dropping Doucet and for making the lines the way they are. The chemistry among the lines at the moment is the best I've seen this season and that's down to the coach.
Before this weekend we lost 3 games in the last 5, all of which at home and we turned it around this weekend due to being well drilled in defence and having these new lines. I think, considering we all realised we were in a slump of form, we've turned it around quite quickly and effectively.

Electro

Electro, why is that when we win convincingly it is due to the opposition being poor yet when we lose convincingly it is down to Lord being out-coached?
I think we need to give credit to Lord for making the tough decision in dropping Doucet and for making the lines the way they are. The chemistry among the lines at the moment is the best I've seen this season and that's down to the coach.
Before this weekend we lost 3 games in the last 5, all of which at home and we turned it around this weekend due to being well drilled in defence and having these new lines. I think, considering we all realised we were in a slump of form, we've turned it around quite quickly and effectively.
The general consensus is that Nottingham didn't turn up. The general consensus is some of the losses can be attributed to the coaching.

Dropping poor performing players or rather Lords reluctance too should be a relatively easy decision.

The jury for me is out concerning any turn around.

bdevil

The general consensus is that Nottingham didn't turn up. The general consensus is some of the losses can be attributed to the coaching.

Dropping poor performing players or rather Lords reluctance too should be a relatively easy decision.

How about Nottingham didn't turn up because we didn't let them turn up due to how well coached and drilled we were.
And you speak of reluctance to drop players, players have been carrying injuries and those players duly rested. We finally have a fully fit roster and the necessary drop was made. I'd much prefer to have an under performing player ice than a 50 or 60% fit player for fear of causing further injury..

Ocko

Of course, our excellent performance is down to Nottingham not turning up. Nothing to do with good line chemistry, game management, individual performances, a good game plan, a good week of coaching, shift in defensive strategy. No of course not, Electro. Panthers were crap and that's only the reason we won. Lord hasn't got a clue and should have learnt all he needs to know well before only his third year of coaching. The fact he doesn't know everything already, like you appear to, probably means he isn't man for the job. I mean ready made coaches just happen right? And a bitter bloke behind a keyboard knows exactly what players learn to prepare them for management over their careers, despite never being near a hockey team.

Wannabe2

If that is how you guys see, no issues, it's all good.

The way the Devils played against the Panthers, they would have beaten both Steelers and Giants, were Panthers at full strength no, but it wasn't about them, it was about how really good we were that night, Jesus Electro lighten up, your only here once mate, this also is no rehearsal, it's gone in a heartbeat get a smile on your face, you don't see many smiles in shrouds.

KaneDevils

I think electros comments are harsh and don't do the team justice. However, in fairness, we were talking prior to the game, how Panthers had been suffering , and Losing, since their euro comp exploits. Add to this the fact they were missing 3 or 4 imports.
I think Saturday was a good time to play them.
In all honesty I was more concerned about Sunday's game.

Electro

I'm sorry if l judged the performance of the Panthers differently, it's no biggie, certainly has no influence on my attitude towards life, sorry, it's a hobby, yes I'd like to return to the days I've experienced in our early years.

I wrote "today we Spank a [emoji74]" we'd have needed to play pretty far outside of our skill set to loose.

I don't get the Devils win and it is because the other team didn't turn up. It is sport. One team plays better than the other and they win. Happens all the time.

voth26

I get you clearly don't rate Lord as a coach, but I think you are doing not only him but the entire team an injustice. We know some performance's have been below par and we've lost games we should have won but we have also won games we shouldn't have and picked up points along the way. There is no perfect team or coach in any sport. The giants may be on a roll but they lot a few games on the bounce so have the Steelers. I just don't get why you can't,don't or won't give them a break and some praise Instead of continually kicking them in the balls and telling us also how crap the team and Lord is. Please feel free to step forward to share your extensive knowledge of ice hockey with Lord who I'm sure will welcome you with open arms

Indeed...that is sport! I didn't say it happened every time. However it seems to some that when the Devils win it is not down to
being the better team....moreover it is because we happened to be playing a team that decided not to turn up.

"Lies...damned lies and statistics" Used to explain poor arguments usually ;)

KaneDevils

Indeed...that is sport! I didn't say it happened every time. However it seems to some that when the Devils win it is not down to
being the better team....moreover it is because we happened to be playing a team that decided not to turn up.

"Lies...damned lies and statistics" Used to explain poor arguments usually ;)
You said "happens all the time" ;)
As I say, Saturday was a good time to play the Panthers.