Devils v HC Davos - Sun 3 Sept - CHL - FO 6pm

Loved the game yesterday, and we picked another cracker for our CHL feature game. Sitting the in penalty box and supposedly being neutral, even I sort of screamed when the OT winner went in (Ambuhl in the box was quite good about it all, the look on his face when he had to come back after the washed out goal was hilarious, he was very relieved!).

FWIW, I thought the disallowed goal was the correct call. He's only marginally in the crease, but on the TV feed you can see the referee telling him 2-3x to get out, and then by the time of the shot he's clearly impeding the goalie. It was a big call, and the Finnish referee got it spot on. Had that been a local official, I'm not sure he would have done it.

What a lot of you probably aren't seeing as also the change in approach to the games from the backroom staff and team that the CHL has brought. I was mighty impressed talking to Todd at the draw, but then catching up last night there's just so much the Devils organisation is taking from seeing these bigger teams that they want to put into their own preparation.

Are there any longer highlights around anywhere? The CHL highlights are literally the goals and they refer to Bones in the Cardiff goal. Mind you I could watch these again and again at the moment. Awesome night.

KaneDevils

I noticed the other morning they were showing highlights of the liberec game on the new free sports channel. It was on at 6am.
Not sure whether or not this is repeated later on in the day.

voth26

I noticed the other morning they were showing highlights of the liberec game on the new free sports channel. It was on at 6am.
Not sure whether or not this is repeated later on in the day.
Ive got it ready to tape weds am @11 on free sports if that helps

voth26

here's a question for maybe someone like Finny, is Bowns the first British nettie to win a CHL game?. No offense intended if anyone else knows the answer

I'm not convinced they were actually watching the game mind (Even from behind the flags) They didn't seem to react to much actually happening on the ice other than falling silent for about 30 seconds when we scored
I could not agree with you more, now call me cynical but it almost seemed over choreographed to me, the flags blocking my view would have annoyed me intensely, and with very little reaction from them even when they scored did puzzle me, almost a hint of "rent a crowd" big charter plane, lots of empty space, I don't know just seemed a little manufactured.

I could not agree with you more, now call me cynical but it almost seemed over choreographed to me, the flags blocking my view would have annoyed me intensely, and with very little reaction from them even when they scored did puzzle me, almost a hint of "rent a crowd" big charter plane, lots of empty space, I don't know just seemed a little manufactured.
I watched Milano play in February, serie A. They had similar fans. Lots of singing, lots of flags but they hardly paid any attention to the game.