Devils v Giants - Wed 1 Feb 2017 - CC SFinal 1st Leg - FO 7:30pm - Chat/Updates

kingmo19.1

Should have snapped up Ben Davies when he was free ..... 11 points in 24 games isn't a bad return. Also one to keep for the future with Myers getting on a bit!

Rempel16

Bordy twice asked Nickerson to go but Nickerson declined plus id put a months wages on it if Bordy or any other player started something they would have got kicked out. I would go as far to say smith was intentionally ignoring the Giants blatant off play antics, slashes etc
Well maybe 'asking' isn't enough... Nickerson declined, then took a run at Martin knowing that there would be no repercussion.

Thrown out or not, a lot of players wouldn't have let Nickerson get away with that cheap shot.

Kal

I think this is a problem we have now, no one wants to fight Bordy and they know he'll respect that so just decline him but will then continue to take cheap shots on our players knowing Bordy or anyone else wont force the issue because our tough guys are generally nice guys. I'd like to see a bit of nastiness added to team, Hendo would have been ejected from this game either before the game started or as soon as he got his hands on Walser.

Exactly what I say..
sometimes you just have to drop the gloves and beat someone up to let them know if they keep taking cheap shots you will get a beating.
Louis imo is the only one who will go after people if they do these things and I'm happy he did that to martinelli Saturday too.
We are to nice at times.

Bordy does to much talking imo And no one seems to listen to him so he needs actions :)

august04

Well maybe 'asking' isn't enough... Nickerson declined, then took a run at Martin knowing that there would be no repercussion.

Thrown out or not, a lot of players wouldn't have let Nickerson get away with that cheap shot.
Agreed. Sometimes you have to "no choice" someone to send a clear message, regardless of the consequences. I'm getting a bit fed up of seeing this nice guy attitude and hugging fellow enforcers in the post match handshakes - while on the ice in recent weeks we've had cheap shots to the likes of Hotham and Martin, Fitzgerald with his antics a couple of weeks back and now this latest Walser debacle. If our players are not willing to do anything about this kind of crap and continue "asking the question" without addressing this bullshit, then get someone in who will do something about it.

Ocko

Not aimed at any one particular player bit I think we're too nice and play too honest. With the exception of Joey Haddad and Matthew Myers no other players seem to be able to drag the team through the trenches.

We are a reactive tough team and not proactive at all.

kingmo19.1

Not aimed at any one particular player bit I think we're too nice and play too honest. With the exception of Joey Haddad and Matthew Myers no other players seem to be able to drag the team through the trenches.

We are a reactive tough team and not proactive at all.
100% correct there.

It's all a little bit too polite and gentlemanly with Bordy (which sort of makes me wonder if he really is 100% interested in dropping the gloves) ..... I can imagine the conversation :-

Bordy : Oh, excuse me young chap.
Nickerson : Uhhhh.
Bordy : Would one be interested in partaking in a bout of queensbury rules?
Nickerson : Whaaaaa?
Bordy : Sorry to bother you again, you know, a physical bout to determine the stongest being amongst us.
Nickerson : Urgghhh ... **** off.
Bordy : Oh ok, have a good game young man, take care. Bye bye.
Nickerson : WTF !!!!!

pjj365

I've said this a numbervof times on various threads but we do need to be careful - the more so now Mo is out. We cannot afford game bans

Whether this is part of Lordo's thinking - who knows

Sorry, but I don't get how you could have read it that way? How on earth was Lordo called for hooking at the end, when he had a Belfast player (I think it was Martinelli, but could be wrong) with their arm and stick wrapped around him, pressing him to the board? What exactly was Lordo hooking there in that scenario?

Easy from my point of view watching Lord knew exactly what he was doing and frustration came to fruition. Whether a penalty should of been called on the Belfast player is neither here nor there Lordo did it and Smith called it.