Devils v Giants - 05/02 @ 7:30pm - CC - Chat/Updates

As he's posted on FB pictures of his fiancee admiring the view from his hotel room fair to say his room is ready. Not sure why she's there if he's working but hey ho what do I know.
As long as licence fee payers aren't paying for her flights & accommodation.
Oh for ***** sake, give it a rest will you?!

This is a thread for tonights game, and somehow your hatred of a man who's 2,500 miles away has somehow allowed you to derail yet another thread :DWD

If you hate the man so much, why are you following him on Facebook, or looking at pictures he's putting on there? Are you trying to be a private detective or something now? Whatever the situation is with the accommodation is between Brent and the BBC, if you've such an issue with it go and complain to the BBC instead of ruining this forum with your constant stream of utter shite.

Please refrain from personal attacks Hatchetman. James

Slartibartfast

Yes Give them a break Hatchet Man. These poor people need somewhere to vent their hatred of Brent Pope and clearly this thread entitled Devils v Giants is as good as place as any.
Other threads where these poor frustrated people can vent their anti Pope feelings with like minded people are:-

Blight to Steelers
CC 2nd Leg Vs Belfast
Dave Whistle
CDRA Open letter
Clutching at straws?
Next Year's Season Tickets

Come on Inferno. We need more anti Pope threads. :DWD

Meanwhile in a parallel universe people talk about ice hockey on a ice hockey forum

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #24
And on that note, anymore posts from this point onwards that aren't about tonights game will be deleted.

I can't be bothered moving or deleting any of the previous posts as that clearly doesn't stop anyone from taking threads off topic so this is the only warning.

If your post goes missing from here on, i'll just direct you to this post of mine :)

Mooney#16

This is a bit of a tricky fixture the Devils could really do without. They are selling tickets which means you have a large crowd which you want to put a show on for but at the same time my trust for Keefe and Lloyd along with a few others to not do something feck witted to a top line guy is non existent. In honesty you want to play the kids and third line a lot but you run the risk of being blown out in front of all those fans. Very tricky on how to coach this. Myself. I'd rest Marsh. Get the kids out there banging and crashing and just leave the scoreboard to the will of the hockey gods. Big picture means losing Mac, Kurka, Marsh, Max or Lord from a dumb ass Giants hit would be catastrophic for the Devils.

Rempel16

In essence the game is a bit of a 'dead rubber', but had the score not been such a blow out it would be treated with a different level of insensity i'm sure.

Now i'm not sure which way it's going to play out tonight, but if it were my choice i'd ask the players to go for it in the 1st, see if we can't get back to the dressing room with a 2 goal lead.

If we can, then surely we have to be looking at winning the 2nd by 2 and the 3rd by 2.

If it's out of reach by the 2nd then i'd hope we use the final 2 periods to try some systems in preparation for a potential playoff match up (at some point).

James

Administrator
Paul Adey is saying they are going to approach this with the same attitude as any game and I'd hope we'd do the same.
http://www.newsletter.co.uk/sport/belfa ... -1-5856331
Remember they are in the same position. Do they risk one of their players getting injured which could harm them more (although it would have to be pretty catastrophic to dent their league lead) or do they risk taking their foot off the gas and find themselves a few goals down and suddenly we are in with a chance. I suspect we'll have a good game tonight. I hope so as I'm bringing a pack of work colleagues who havent been before.

Any chance the Giant travel will be affected. Hate to have an even later face off! Hope it's by ferry! Sea sickness is terrible. Hat :lol: e to see the giants suffer!!!

Mooney#16 said:
This is a bit of a tricky fixture the Devils could really do without. They are selling tickets which means you have a large crowd which you want to put a show on for but at the same time my trust for Keefe and Lloyd along with a few others to not do something feck witted to a top line guy is non existent. In honesty you want to play the kids and third line a lot but you run the risk of being blown out in front of all those fans. Very tricky on how to coach this. Myself. I'd rest Marsh. Get the kids out there banging and crashing and just leave the scoreboard to the will of the hockey gods. Big picture means losing Mac, Kurka, Marsh, Max or Lord from a dumb ass Giants hit would be catastrophic for the Devils.
wouldn't expect the Giants to approach this game any differently than they normally approach games.....Its down to the Devils to decide if they want to give it a real go or just to keep it a close as possible on the night.
As for playing the kids...I can understand the reasoning behind that, but if they were to play and take a hammering is that good for them in the long run?
I fully expect Dave Whistle to have good systems in place to try to prevent problems that the Giants have caused the Devils this season, and this being the case, surely the use of regular lines would be more advantageous.
All this being said, I think Giants win 5-1 (surely you wouldn't expect me to say a Giants loss :) )

KaneDevils

I doubt anyone thinks the Devils will win the tie on aggregate but a win of any nature will obviously be good. Not only will it be good for confidence beating the best team in the league, it will also maintain Mr Whistles impressive start to his return.
Should be a good one. :p

Slartibartfast

Im going because I want to see if with our current form we can beat Belfast (even if not on aggregrate).
Also I know anything can happen in hockey. Who remembers the play off game against the Murrayfield Racers when we were 6-1 down?

Watching the Web Cast for the first time tonight. Very good coverage. Nice wide angles and can follow the puck reasonably well. Good commentary. Would recommend it.
AND to cap it all we are winning 3-1 Come on boys Only 4 to go in the last period

Temme

Good game of hockey, Impressed by Kosowski again.
Rama... First time I've seen him so hoping for more to come.

The atmosphere at 3-1 up was the best there's been in the tent this season, where has that been all year??

Well worth the £5, and well done to the club on reducing the ticket prices to attract such a big crowd.

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #36
Well... It wasn't a win, but it wasn't an absolute drubbing like the first leg and we didn't lose!

Seems there are positives to take from the game into our single game over the weekend against the Stars :)

Oh and Kosowski looked rather good this evening I thought, most of the team looked good but it seemed like Rama could do with a few more games to get upto speed with the rest of the team.

Thought the Devils put up a good performance this evening. Plenty of energy and well deserved their 2 goal lead. They were looking the stronger team and more likely to score next AND THEN ………Although only watching on the webcast it certainly looked like a tripping foul on Belfast NOT given by Darnel and in spite of a very angry Lord over the missed call, Belfast have scored.
It definitely affected the Devils for the next few minutes and Belfast scored again.
From then on it was a case of playing out the game BUT well done The Devils on a good effort.

ASHIPP

In this leg the Giants were made to work for the result. They were held off for most of the game. Giants didn't win.......and the Devils didn't lose.

Whilst it was pretty certain the Giants would go through, this was a great effort by the Devils and good preparation for the weekend.

On that note, Hull lost tonight. Devils have a real chance to make a difference to their League position this weekend.

Ocko

That was a great performance from the Devils, I don't think the scoreline did them justice. I feel that if this wasn't a game we were chasing 6 goals in we probably would've won comfortably. Although that sounds contradictory I think the Giants sat too deep and played trap hockey most of the game if they come at us a bit we would have exposed them a bit more IMO. Credit to them though they are as good/efficient as any team I've ever seen in the EIHL.

Still, its not a loss and Whis remains undefeated. Loved his attitude in pulling the keeper even though we were it was a draw, the guy wants to win - I like that!

Finny

Great performance by the team tonight and would have got a deserved win on the night had it not been for Darnell and his equally poor officials.

Too many games are turning into the Darnell Show where he lets loads go against us and then calls us for the smallest infraction because the opposition start appealing.