Devils v Flyers - 18/09 @ 18:00 - League - Chat/Updates

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #1

First game of the season against the Fife Flyers and their superstar "best British defenceman" Tom Muir...

IceTime will be running a webcast for this game with all the details to be found @ http://www.icetime.tv :)

We will *hopefully* be running the 'ridiculously childish and disgustingly biased' Match Night Live service for this game as always expect name calling, slurs and bad jokes about keepers not being able to stop beach balls in epic proportions; all at the usual location of http://www.the-inferno.co.uk/mnl

If you'd like to chip in with a comment or make a score prediction on the night you can contact us at matchnightlive@gmail.com

Texters are always needed so if you can help us out please get in touch by PM or text the MNL line on 07527 625206.

Devil94

Fife have started the year on fire and I can see this one being a lot harder than the Braehead game last week. Will be a tough test and a good two points if we can grab them.

Wannabe2

This will certainly be a harder encounter than the Clan, as been said the Flyers are flying, we need maximum points tonight, be interesting to see wether it's a close call, or we get it together and blow them aŵay.

ASHIPP

A loss the previous night can fire up a team for the next game whether it"s the Devils or the Flyers.

Fife have an excellent goalie in Shane Owen and some dangerous firepower up front. A very tough game ahead.

Electro

The team needs to be fired up every game, bouncing back after loosing is not a strategy for success.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

voth26

great result so far, pity bownsy couldn't get a shutout, seems Bordy (goal and assist and some big hits) and Batchy (big hits and assist) are having a whale of a time. Pity they couldn't play like this last night!!. Got to start getting some consistency going.

kettdevil1

great result so far, pity bownsy couldn't get a shutout, seems Bordy (goal and assist and some big hits) and Batchy (big hits and assist) are having a whale of a time. Pity they couldn't play like this last night!!. Got to start getting some consistency going.
Agree with the consistency bit but a bit harsh on Batchy, I thought he was excellent last night as well (and of course was MOM)

voth26

Agree with the consistency bit but a bit harsh on Batchy, I thought he was excellent last night as well (and of course was MOM)
I meant why couldn't the Devils play like they did tonight not Batchy, just read my post again and realised i missed out the Devils part doh. i wasn't having a pop at Batchy, but can understand how it read.

Devil_Abroad

Gutted

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wannabe2

You can see it all coming together now and what this squad is all about, I think with each passing game we are getting better and better. Rome wasn't built in a day but we are certainly on our way to where we want to be. From October on teams will be better embedded in, and we will be on lots of people's minds as the team to fear.

pjj365

Do we, the league and the team expect to much at the moment

The first period last night seemed to be trying to deliver the promised and expected skilled hockey but all a bit hit and miss

After the second and third goal the physicality was stepped up and self belief seemed to kick in and the level of play improved

We are all right to have the expectations but once the burden of expectation is removed by good consistent performances the progress made so far will be consolidated and, to paraphrase Wannabe2, other teams will be watching us