Devils v Die Adler

august04 2.0

Listen I was there Thursday sat next to 40 50 Germans and they was not wearing a mask walking round the rink etc and nothing was said.

Half of our own fans didn't wear a mask.

Why would I sit there struggling to breath with a mask on when every fucker else are breathing there germs at me.

This shit mask will not protect it.

So i know the risks and I will attend don't worry about me worry about yourself thanks
Struggling to breathe?! Give me a break.

Hockeymad

That's more polite than what I was going to say. Wannabe has contributed more to this club and it's survival over than years than some relative newbies chin comprehend. That deserves respect.
As I said in previous posts. I had my mask on but what is the point when fans are not and breathing germs over me?
German fans getting pissed shouting singing etc right next to me.

You think a mask will protect me.

No it will not.

We overcame one owner who didn’t pay the players, had 50 people attending games whilst hundreds stayed outside in the wind and rain every game fighting to keep our club, We overcame the Council kicking us out of town to accommodate John Lewis with no replacement facility, and got the tent built. We overcame an owner that was taking this club to the edge of extinction. And we overcame the Councils reluctance to give us a suitable facility that this club deserved, and believe me we didn’t do that to lose 20yrs plus of fighting to a few selfish Dicks who couldn’t give a shit about others. Do the right things folks it’s only wearing a bloody mask, not taking time off work and losing money campaigning for what you love,not braving the elements for something you believe in our survival, we are the Red Army and if this treasured Army has to go into battle wearing a mask, then so be it. We have survived for 35yrs, let’s make sure there’s 35 more.
Hands down the best post I've seen you make Glynne.

I also sense a ban coming on for someone. He/She won't care though.

Hockeymad

You know the risks and you know people don't listen.

Bloody hell the government who give out the rules don't even listen.

It's 2021 don't like it stay home.

Thanks

Hockeymad

If you won't wear a mask feel free to watch the game on Freesports. Also, there is significant evidence that shows that masks do make a difference.
I do wear a mask.

What I'm saying is there is no point when half the Arena do not.
There's no point when the guy sat in front or behind me has it under his chin or drinking beer and breathing all over the place spitting when shouting etc.

Really guys it's not rocket science

rocketbob

I do wear a mask.

There's no point when the guy sat in front or behind me has it under his chin or drinking beer and breathing all over the place spitting when shouting etc.

Speaking as a scientist (I have a PhD in Biomedical Science and manage a lab that is developing Covid sensor systems and was a small part of the effort developing the lateral flow tests) any reduction in the overall viral load in the air is a good thing. Do your bit and wear a mask. Feel free to shame any of the idiots that refuse to do so and maybe we can keep the arena open for as long as possible.

Wannabe2

I do wear a mask.

So someone in the Arena lights up a fag, do we all start smoking, someone is abusive do we all start swearing, it’s about doing the right thing and being considerate to others. That’s not rocket science as you put it. Wearing a mask is about protecting others and that’s what decent people do, treat others as you would like to be treated yourself that’s certainly not rocket science. Lord give me strength.

rocketbob

If you want to help the fight against Covid, download the Zoe Covid app and ask your friends and colleagues to do the same and we can hopefully stand a better chance of keeping on top of this.

august04 2.0

Got to be honest I think for the entirety of CHL and pre season the arena should be alcohol free with drinks limited to bar only.

It’s just to much of a perfect storm for the current situation.
Absolutely agree with this. Having no food/drink allowed in the main bowl is the only way to regain some level of control over mask wearing. It’s too easy to use the “I’m eating/drinking” get out. I saw loads of people drinking last Thursday, very few were wearing their their mask properly, mostly under their chin for the entirety of the game, if they wore one at all. I realise that will penalise those who were abiding by the rules and the club/arena financially, but there’s a bigger picture here that must be considered. If you want to drink, go to the bar - that’s not too much of an inconvenience for a few weeks surely?
I dread to think what it will be like tonight. There’s normally plenty of groups of younger people on the lash at Saturday night games. I can’t see many of them abiding by the rules unfortunately. It’s going to be another free for all unless the stewards start approaching people and I’ve heard they weren’t allowed to that against Mannheim (?).

Justtw

Listen I was there Thursday sat next to 40 50 Germans and they was not wearing a mask walking round the rink etc and nothing was said.

Half of our own fans didn't wear a mask.

Why would I sit there struggling to breath with a mask on when every fucker else are breathing there germs at me.

This shit mask will not protect it.

So i know the risks and I will attend don't worry about me worry about yourself thanks
If you're struggling to breathe wearing a mask, it probably won't protect you as it sounds like you have some underlying respiratory issues. See a doctor xxx

Pleximan

Got to be honest I think for the entirety of CHL and pre season the arena should be alcohol free with drinks limited to bar only.

It’s just to much of a perfect storm for the current situation.
Yes, I definitely agree with this.

Maybe the club could put on outside catering before the game with hot dog stalls and beer sales dotted 'outside' the Arena, but no food and drink on sale inside. If you want food or drink you go out of the building. Then there are no excuses for pulling your face mask off inside the Arena.

moggy#9

Absolutely agree with this. Having no food/drink allowed in the main bowl is the only way to regain some level of control over mask wearing. It’s too easy to use the “I’m eating/drinking” get out. I saw loads of people drinking last Thursday, very few were wearing their their mask properly, mostly under their chin for the entirety of the game, if they wore one at all. I realise that will penalise those who were abiding by the rules and the club/arena financially, but there’s a bigger picture here that must be considered. If you want to drink, go to the bar - that’s not too much of an inconvenience for a few weeks surely?
I dread to think what it will be like tonight. There’s normally plenty of groups of younger people on the lash at Saturday night games. I can’t see many of them abiding by the rules unfortunately. It’s going to be another free for all unless the stewards start approaching people and I’ve heard they weren’t allowed to that against Mannheim (?).
Unfortunately we sometimes seem to have a problem with an element who seem more interested in getting shitfaced than watching the game. Of it weren't for the income list to the club, the best answer would definitely be to stop the booze sales.

If it's true that stewards weren't allowed to approach visiting fans, then then question needs to be answered as to what have that instruction. It seems to me entirely the wrong call.

NathanG

Unfortunately we sometimes seem to have a problem with an element who seem more interested in getting shitfaced than watching the game. Of it weren't for the income list to the club, the best answer would definitely be to stop the booze sales.

If it's true that stewards weren't allowed to approach visiting fans, then then question needs to be answered as to what have that instruction. It seems to me entirely the wrong call.
They were allowed. I watched a steward (He also had a SIA badge) approach a small group of Mannheim fans and told one of them to stop drinking because he was too drunk, he instructed the guys friend to take the pint off him.

Maybe SIA qualified guys can but regular stewards can't?