Devils v Die Adler

Pleximan

Absolutely this!
Like August says, Drakeford had to be dragged kicking and screaming to agree to re-open the rink.
He’s not the type to "forgive and forget", he’s a control freak.
If like as been previously said, a COVID outbreak is traced back to the IAW he will close it down
indefinitely and he’ll be delighted to say "I told you so"!
And if he does close the rink, guess what? No more hockey and possibly no more Devils!

Even though I have tickets for the CHL games I decided not to attend last night and watch it on the TV in order to study the response/adherence to the mandatory mask wearing as I suspected there may be an issue.
From that tv footage it is apparent that there were dozens if not hundreds of people either wearing masks around their chins or not wearing them at all!

If the club don’t get this under control quickly this will not end well!
I have to agree here 100%
I'm a longstanding ST holder and also bought my CHL tickets but I had my reservations about attending because of my suspicions of many people defying the rules around wearing masks.
I watched the Mannheim game on TV and sure enough, so many people not wearing masks.
To be blunt, the Welsh Assembly Government eventually bowed to pressure to allow the Arena to re-open, they had no real desire to do so, and Drakeford will certainly swoop down with a "We were aware that this carried risk, and at event that does not follow the rules will face closure". If people defy the face mask order then it is inevitable that covid will find it's way into the Arena and begin to circulate leading to an outbreak. Track and Trace will then confirm that with their investigation and that will be enough for the Welsh Assembly Government to order closure once again and that could be disastrous for the club. For people who say they are exempt from wearing a face mask because of health reasons then surely all the more reason to actually put a face mask on to protect yourself, so.....put a face mask on!
It is not difficult.
I suspect there will be even more people not wearing a mask for the Saturday Lausanne game because they think it's acceptable to not wear one, well if they do that then they will be contributing to the almost inevitable re-closure of the Arena further down the line.
The vaccination jabs provide efficacy against covid for a period of time which could mean that protection begins to wane after only 6mths so with the onset of colder days in the Autumn approaching, the responsibility on everyone to continue wearing facemasks in the Arena to keep everybody safe cannot be understated.
I fear the opposite, too many fools will continue to defy the wearing of masks, which in turn will inevitably lead to covid finding it's way into the Arena and a probable outbreak directly attributed to a Devils game. This is all the Welsh Assembly Government and Drakeford will need to once again order a closure of the building.
So....people think and ......wear a face mask!

Hockeymad

Because people are moaning so much about masks security and everything.

Feel free to donate your tickets to me lol.

No matter where you go tesco pubs etc no one is wearing masks now.

Move on

mjh

I agree with the need to wear one to comply with the rules. I hate wearing the things (like many of us) but wore it on Thursday as it was a clear requirement for attending the game and affects those who are understandably anxious. However, all the entries over the past few days don't seem to reflect the bigger picture. Do I think there could be more done to encourage those at the arena to wear masks? Yes. However, I am far more concerned that the general noise coming from Scotland, Wales and even Israel looks to point towards further restrictions in the near future. Clearly we have a responsibility to comply at the arena but I'd expect the general situation to be far more of a threat to the season, and the club, than our immediate surroundings. Again, I'm in agreement about wearing them but determined to get to as many games as I can early on, in case we end up with more restrictions in the next couple of months. Hate to be negative so I'll end on a high. Cannot wait for tonight! Nothing beats live hockey. I thought about getting NHL league pass but it doesn't come close to the feeling of being at the rink. Excited about the game tonight. The boys have their first on under the belt. Perhaps tonight will be one of those great CHL occasions where we pull off an upset!

hip check

I'll be masking it, they're not the easiest thing to put up with and I wear glasses so they very often steam up, I want to keep my health and I want to keep my Devils so to me it's a no brainer, you roll the dice and take your chances, don't underestimate this virus or the joy it would bring Drakeford to once again close us down.

Pleximan

Move on
Oh dear! Here is a classic case of ignorance, flagrant denial of the need to keep wearing facemasks in enclosed public spaces, which is still the law in Wales. The Welsh Assembly Government will be monitoring the Arena, make no mistake about that. Unfortunately, idiots are everywhere and come December when the Arena has been closed they will be moaning about it.

Wannabe2

Move on
Most people in Tesco’s wear a mask, you don’t have to wear one in pubs, and that stupid remark that no one wears one grow up Dick. This virus is still killing 100 people per day in the UK, anyone know how to block this idiot.

Diafol

"Vaccine passports on table" according to the front page of today's Western Mail, for venues such as nightclubs.
Hopefully this would be introduced before any threats of closure of IAW but you never know.
Personally I would have no issues with that at all.

Although there is a story going around that Scotland is set for a 6-week "circuit breaker" soon, closing / limiting indoor venues, with Wales to follow.
I must stress however that I don't know how much truth there is in it and it should be taken with a large pinch of salt.

august04 2.0

Some people just don’t care about their fellow fans or the club's future. I saw a comment on the Devils Twitter feed this week - “I’m not wearing a mask and what’s good enough for England, is good enough for Wales”. I’m sorry, but the law here is different to England and that kind of attitude is going to get this arena and our great club, shut down. If I was part of the club's management team, I’d be looking to offset the risk of these numpties ruining things, by introducing other measures to attempt to satisfy/reassure the Welsh Gov that everything is being done to try to minimise Covid spread. That might include proof of double vaccination/recent negative test before entry. Be pro-active and implement this in the coming weeks (it sounds like it’s coming anyway from the Senedd lawmakers if cases continue to rise). It’s not a surefire way of preventing spread as we all know, but surely we have to be seen to be doing the right thing to placate the Welsh Gov.?

moggy#9

I'd like to thank those of you who responded to the earlier comment about mask wearing. I have to admit that it made me very angry, and I was busy trying to calm down by counting to ten... Thousand. I'm sick of people who don't understand that actions have consequences. Some of us have been through the ordeal of wondering if the club would survive in the past and have no wish to see that scenario happen again. Rules are pointless without enforcement, so it's over to the club now to safeguard the future.

Wannabe2

We overcame one owner who didn’t pay the players, had 50 people attending games whilst hundreds stayed outside in the wind and rain every game fighting to keep our club, We overcame the Council kicking us out of town to accommodate John Lewis with no replacement facility, and got the tent built. We overcame an owner that was taking this club to the edge of extinction. And we overcame the Councils reluctance to give us a suitable facility that this club deserved, and believe me we didn’t do that to lose 20yrs plus of fighting to a few selfish Dicks who couldn’t give a shit about others. Do the right things folks it’s only wearing a bloody mask, not taking time off work and losing money campaigning for what you love,not braving the elements for something you believe in our survival, we are the Red Army and if this treasured Army has to go into battle wearing a mask, then so be it. We have survived for 35yrs, let’s make sure there’s 35 more.

Hockeymad

Most people in Tesco’s wear a mask, you don’t have to wear one in pubs, and that stupid remark that no one wears one grow up Dick. This virus is still killing 100 people per day in the UK, anyone know how to block this idiot.
Answer me this. If I don't have to wear a mask when im sat down in my seat, or when I'm stood at bar drinking my drink. why bother wearing one when I'm 2 yards in front of you in the queue.

You either wear mask or you don't.

There's no in-between.

wearing it under chin etc is pointless.

You cannot make somewhere a mask either security have advised us to wear them, and advise us is all they can do.

So wannabee shut up

Hockeymad

Oh dear! Here is a classic case of ignorance, flagrant denial of the need to keep wearing facemasks in enclosed public spaces, which is still the law in Wales. The Welsh Assembly Government will be monitoring the Arena, make no mistake about that. Unfortunately, idiots are everywhere and come December when the Arena has been closed they will be moaning about it.
Listen I was there Thursday sat next to 40 50 Germans and they was not wearing a mask walking round the rink etc and nothing was said.

Half of our own fans didn't wear a mask.

Why would I sit there struggling to breath with a mask on when every fucker else are breathing there germs at me.

This shit mask will not protect it.

So i know the risks and I will attend don't worry about me worry about yourself thanks