Devils v Capitals almost Sold Out

Kipper said:
Perhaps inviting Admiral is a way to get Henry Engelhardt interested in buying/investing in the Devils
From what I understand, Henry/Admiral would not get invovled as it is a Cardiff based sports team - they would only be invovled if it was a Wales/National team as they don't want to be seen to be only promoting something in Cardiff only.

Shame though eh...

Dwoods said:
Kipper said:
Perhaps inviting Admiral is a way to get Henry Engelhardt interested in buying/investing in the Devils
From what I understand, Henry/Admiral would not get invovled as it is a Cardiff based sports team - they would only be invovled if it was a Wales/National team as they don't want to be seen to be only promoting something in Cardiff only.

Shame though eh...
A mate of mine works at admiral and he was saying that admiral had been asked about getting involved with the devils but the reason they haven't was due to the Wales sponsorship being quite hefty.

I like banging glass I do

Admiral actually have a staff team...out of their office in Halifax, Nova Scotia.....!! Plus Henry is from Chicago and what do they know about hockey??!!

I know Paul R was hosting a couple of staff at a recent game to try to get their buy-in but tend to agree with previous post as Admiral have offices in Newport and Swansea too so could be quite political!

Maybe re-naming the team to Admiral Welsh Devils would work and change our shirt colours to blue for luck?!?!

:evil: :twisted:

Plus we could sign a couple of Diamond geezers, the odd Elephant for bulk, a Gladiator to enforce - that would have the opposition Confused....

I will go now.... :DWD

Finny

Seeing as there are no Ice Hockey teams in Swansea or Newport and we are the only professional club in Wales - I'm not sure what the problem would be really.

No idea where this 'rumour' started but just spoke to couple of my contacts at Admiral (who are in the know!) and at the moment nobody there has heard anything about this!!!

That is a lot of tickets to get rid of in one week if it is true!!!

Baz-lar said:
No idea where this 'rumour' started but just spoke to couple of my contacts at Admiral (who are in the know!) and at the moment nobody there has heard anything about this!!!

That is a lot of tickets to get rid of in one week if it is true!!!

Maybe they will be released slowly back on to sale

Chris

Administrator
The last time a game was said to be nearly sold out, didn't the attendance end up being something around the 1500 mark? So you know, close to a sell out in the sense there were only 40% or so of tickets available :S

Finny

Well regardless of who is having the tickets there are now only 76 seats left. It's going to be fantastic to have more than 2000 people in the crowd for the first time this season.

Even better if it can seal our playoff qualification for two weeks later.

jayemm

Finny said:
Well regardless of who is having the tickets there are now only 76 seats left. It's going to be fantastic to have more than 2000 people in the crowd for the first time this season.

Hope there's enough beer and hot dogs for everyone! 2000 people would be fantastic and a great way to showcase hockey in the city.

I work for Admiral and have asked if it was ever discussed about sponsoring the devils.

They advised that as there are offices in Cardiff, Newport and Swansea, if they were to sponsor a Cardiff team they would need to do the same for Newport and Swansea. That’s also one of the reasons why they sponsor the Welsh rugby

Kipper

I heard today that Francine has done a fantastic job in ensuring a near sell out for this game. Very well done Francine. Sorry I won't be there but Magaluf calls!!

Just counted online and it seem only 23 seats left and you cant get two together.

I wont be attending but it should be a good night to actually sell out the venue for the first time this season.

Late season pay day for the Club

Ive decided to safe the money and go to the final away game of the season :twisted:

drainage

Sliput said:
Wow, that will be a good crowd.

The Caps were never going to bring in a big crowd so giving away tickets/on special deal wont make a great difference to cash flow but may hopefully get a few more interested in the game.

Hopefully the new staff at the Devils will come up with new ideas to push the Devils.
I know a few newbies who have become hooked last season and this season .....anything that sells the sport is good for me after this season .....takes money among other things to succeed , more fans can never be bad

drainage

jayemm said:
Finny said:

Hope there's enough beer and hot dogs for everyone! 2000 people would be fantastic and a great way to showcase hockey in the city.
And cider! They ran out recently!