Devils v Blaze - 28/10 6:00pm - CC - Chat/Updates

KaneDevils said:
The officials are not corrupt
Any proof?
No, it is just my opinion - plus the burden of proof is normally on the accuser, so there needs to be proof provided that there is corruption.
I dont honestly think there is. Just incompetance.

Ive also noticed that having two refs for CC games does not appear to have helped the situation at all, when I thought it would

jimmy snels

The one thing that this does prove is although G is constantly praised for putting together his rosters he didn't do a good job this year in not signing a Big replacement for brad. he'd have murdered Olson the whole season if he was about. not fighting even, just smashed him all around the rink drew loads of pens and beat him up a couple for good measure! I think we need to get some protection on our bench asap

Finny

Coventry claimed on twitter last week that they only lost a game because the other side bribed the referee.

No fine announced for them yet. Presumably they just outbid the previous team.

Sheincar said:
KaneDevils said:
The officials are not corrupt
Any proof?
Thommo has made similar comments in the past eg Cardiff having 4 Smiths on a line including Dean.
I actually found that really funny. The one decent and consistant ref we have in Dean Smith was accused of taking the Devil's side - when in reality he was fair throughout - shows Thommo doesn't like it when things don't go against the Devils for once!!!

And how Thommo got away with so publically accusing a ref of cheating I'll never understand.

Finny said:
Coventry claimed on twitter last week that they only lost a game because the other side bribed the referee.

No fine announced for them yet. Presumably they just outbid the previous team.
Can't find that on twitter, do you mind posting on here exactly what was said?

Finny

It had been deleted by the time I went to look at it. But according to a Blaze fan on THF they were claiming the officials had been given brown envelopes.

Skippy

I'm guessing that we won't see anything more on this then despite the

"The Elite League are also finalising their investigations into off-ice incidents which took place after the game and will issue a further statement in due course. "

Comment ?

KaneDevils

No, it is just my opinion - plus the burden of proof is normally on the accuser, so there needs to be proof provided that there is corruption.
Fair one. I've seen enough in recent years to warrant my concern. I'm not saying there is corruption, but I'm not the first to raise suspicion and I doubt I'll be the last. There has been revelations of corruptness in much bigger organisations than the EIHL. Would it really be that shocking? :roll:

And how Thommo got away with so publically accusing a ref of cheating I'll never understand.
Wasn't he GB coach at the time? I think because of Thommos status and his respect in the game, he, shall we say, gets away with more than most? There's levels of favoritism everywhere you wish to look.

DevilDom

skippy said:
I'm guessing that we won't see anything more on this then despite the

"The Elite League are also finalising their investigations into off-ice incidents which took place after the game and will issue a further statement in due course. "

Comment ?
Doesn't look like it. Also waiting for PR statement promised this morning as well.

Finny said:
It had been deleted by the time I went to look at it. But according to a Blaze fan on THF they were claiming the officials had been given brown envelopes.
Found the tweet, firstly Liam Sewell tweeted '#ROADTRIP to Coventry to line @covblazehockey versus @cardiffdevils ..... Hopefully it'll be a great game! #EliteIceHockeyLeague'

Coventry replied with '@LiamShovel remember the thick brown envelope is for the ref ;) (what is meant by empty square box)#needtopaymore'

This was all done before the game on the 27th but it is so obviously tongue in cheek. Nothing to see here

freddieb said:
Found the tweet, firstly Liam Sewell tweeted '#ROADTRIP to Coventry to line @covblazehockey versus @cardiffdevils ..... Hopefully it'll be a great game! #EliteIceHockeyLeague'

Coventry replied with '@LiamShovel remember the thick brown envelope is for the ref ;) (what is meant by empty square box)#needtopaymore'

This was all done before the game on the 27th but it is so obviously tongue in cheek. Nothing to see here
:lol: Brilliant.