Devils v Blaze - 28/10 6:00pm - CC - Chat/Updates

The Egener vs Franny incident has just been on Sky Sports News. Looks like Egener was shouting his mouth off, Franny and Max came over to confront him, Egener started to look like he was going to start something, Max tried to get the first one in, Egener tried to take them both on, Deeds tried to jump in but Quiney and the lineo were there pulling Egener back.

hockeyrocker26 said:
The Egener vs Franny incident has just been on Sky Sports News. Looks like Egener was shouting his mouth off, Franny and Max came over to confront him, Egener started to look like he was going to start something, Max tried to get the first one in, Egener tried to take them both on, Deeds tried to jump in but Quiney and the lineo were there pulling Egener back.
If thats correct it does make some people look rather foolish :DWD

dave

jester said:
hockeyrocker26 said:
Not really as what they would have seen from the Top looking down would be as they described as Max is under seating and can not be seen and would not have been visible to them until the very last second and then it is a scrum.. It is only once you have seen all the footage etc that you can piece together what happens and not everyone will have access to that...
So they are just telling there story from there point a view which is what forums are all about...

hockeyrocker26 said:
Franny for me, and certainly from what I could see from the balcony in front of block 4 did nothing but inflame the situation. Whilst the majority of the devils attempted to cool down the on ice situation, Franny seemed intent on being involved. Not good to see . . .

I too have seen the Sky Sports clip and it only serves to prove the above, as bench coach he should be trying to control his players not stir up trouble. Very disappointing.

Finny

After watching the second fan clip from above, and slowing it down to the max speed and pausing it when Max first starts exending his arm, Egener's arm is already bent and raised as he prepares to throw a huge punch.

By the time Max has his arm fully extended, Egener not only has right arm above his head about to punch Max, he has also grabbed Max's shoulder with his left arm.

At no point does Max clench his fist. It is clearly not a punch. It can't even be a push or a slap.
For me, he's spotted that Egener is about to punch him (maybe due to something Egener has just said) and he has raised his arm in defence.

From that, Max correctly got a match for returning to the bench after being thrown out. No further ban required though.
Can't see why Francis got his match though - should be rescinded.

Egener has skated halfway across the ice to restart the trouble and attacked two people off the ice. 3 Games at least for me.

in my view Maxi is banged to rights now as he was clearly on the Devils bench mouthing off at the Blaze player and not in the dressing room as some people have said on here, i can see the League throwing the book at him!

Not a bad report. Only bit that looked bad was when Maxi and Franny were referred to as spectators. Max could get in some trouble but I really can't see he should get more than the 6 games he already received.

Should be a good game on the 25th though. 7 games between now and then so most of the players will have served their bans.

jester said:
hockeyrocker26 said:
I'll just re quote all of that for the benefit of those, that so quite clearly said, Max wasn't there...in case they would like to apologise to those that said he may have been despite numerous video angles :geek:

DevilDom

Finny said:
After watching the second fan clip from above, and slowing it down to the max speed and pausing it when Max first starts exending his arm, Egener's arm is already bent and raised as he prepares to throw a huge punch.

By the time Max has his arm fully extended, Egener not only has right arm above his head about to punch Max, he has also grabbed Max's shoulder with his left arm.

At no point does Max clench his fist. It is clearly not a punch. It can't even be a push or a slap.
For me, he's spotted that Egener is about to punch him (maybe due to something Egener has just said) and he has raised his arm in defence.

From that, Max correctly got a match for returning to the bench after being thrown out. No further ban required though.
Can't see why Francis got his match though - should be rescinded.

Egener has skated halfway across the ice to restart the trouble and attacked two people off the ice. 3 Games at least for me.
I saw the incident clearly from where I was stood above the benches and I am still 100% sure Egner threw the first punch towards the bench. Everything else happened pretty quickly after that and became a scrum but of that I am sure. I will admit I didn't see Max involved the first time but did see him standing behind the bench before it kicked off.

Finny

Out of interest, at what point would Max be allowed to leave the dressing room legally?

Is it when all the players and officials have left the ice that the game is officially classed as over?
Dave?

having seen the sky footage this morning the egener/francis/birbraer scuffle,birbraer really shouldn't be out there giving verbals to egener,francis and schutte should be given a game each for throwing punches,don't think we will ever know what birbraer may have said,but no excuse for a fight to break out,hopefully next time we play the devils this incident will have a line drawn under it and we can move on to the most important aspect both teams playing hard for a victory.
Hope to god the game on the 25th,Hicks or Darnell are nowhere near the blue tent.

dave

Finny said:
Out of interest, at what point would Max be allowed to leave the dressing room legally?

Is it when all the players and officials have left the ice that the game is officially classed as over?
Dave?
Yes it is finny sir....

Finny

scorchio said:
having seen the sky footage this morning the egener/francis/birbraer scuffle,birbraer really shouldn't be out there giving verbals to egener,francis and schutte should be given a game each for throwing punches,don't think we will ever know what birbraer may have said,
:DWD

You do realise it was Egener who skated halfway across the ice to start shouting abuse at Francis and Birbraer???????

DevilDom

KaneDevils said:
What's the betting we get screwed over and Blaze get off lightly?
Let's just say I wouldn't be at all suprised !
I think that is a given. Although it shouldn't affect the views on the on ice stuff, unfortunately the incident with the fan hasn't helped our case either. I just see Elite towers making an example of us (again). Very annoying when you consider all the trouble was initially started by Olson and then continued by Guidice, Egner and Cameron.

Finny said:
scorchio said:
having seen the sky footage this morning the egener/francis/birbraer scuffle,birbraer really shouldn't be out there giving verbals to egener,francis and schutte should be given a game each for throwing punches,don't think we will ever know what birbraer may have said,
:DWD

You do realise it was Egener who skated halfway across the ice to start shouting abuse at Francis and Birbraer???????
not disputing the fact egener had no business over by the devils bench,the same as francis and birbraer had no business mouthing off,both parties acting like kids in a playground,just give them all detention and asked to write 100 lines

KaneDevils

Out of interest guys, can/will the League intervene with the fan incident or is that more a club matter?
To me it should be the latter, leaving the Governing body to focus on the on-ice shenanigans?

Come on kanedevils i called that 15pages ago
Ooops ! :oops: :lol: