Devils v Blaze - 25/02 @ 19:00 - League - Chat/Updates

mazza03

Great game of hockey it reminded me why I love the game. Well played to the whole team and great to see Bownsy getting a shut out, I missed Bordy though love that man but I think Kearney is a find, I forgot to add I thought Dean Smith called a good game and let it flow.

Russky

Great game of hockey it reminded me why I love the game. Well played to the whole team and great to see Bownsy getting a shut out, I missed Bordy though love that man but I think Kearney is a find, I forgot to add I thought Dean Smith called a good game and let it flow.
Hey Mazza, you just keep going to games. you are our lucky charm!!!!

voth26

The team were definitely clinical last night, and were still committed chasing pucks, fore checking hard etc, I like the look of Karney showed some good touches loved the move he pulled on a blaze player he flicked the puck around him and was gone then he centred the puck we scored but cant remember who scored it?? took his goal well, threw few hits, lost count of how many times he back tracked and stole the puck off a blaze stick. id be happy with in a Devils shirt next season

Wagstaff

A post on our forum says we were lucky to get no goals and lucky to finish second best.
If Blaze can't win the league (which was never on the cards), it doesn't really matter to me who does, but having said that...
Good luck for the rest of the season, it will be good to see a different name at the top this year!
Your Canadian connection have done wonders in a short time and can only be admired by the likes of us in Coventry who were about on par with you not so long ago.

terry hunt

A post on our forum says we were lucky to get no goals and lucky to finish second best.
If Blaze can't win the league (which was never on the cards), it doesn't really matter to me who does, but having said that...
Good luck for the rest of the season, it will be good to see a different name at the top this year!
Your Canadian connection have done wonders in a short time and can only be admired by the likes of us in Coventry who were about on par with you not so long ago.
Good response by the Blaze on Sunday though

voth26

Although it was against a defeated/washed up Blaze side, that Kearney goal was a thing of beauty!
Showed good control of the puck, then when he turned to shoot you could see his shot was controlled, not a wild swing at the puck and see where it ends up kinda shot. as ive said I like to Karney in a Devils shirt next year pretty impressed so far after 3/4 games

From the letters section of football magazine When Saturday Comes

Dear WSC:

Further to recent Rod Stewart-related correspondence, it seems reasonable to suppose that the great man might, like many a football-loving father before him, have dreamt of his son one day playing for his country. Events were to take a different turn however. While attending an ice hockey game in Cardiff recently I was pleased to discover that the Coventry Blaze team included one Liam Stewart. Unfortunately the visitors were obliterated 9-0 by Cardiff, which I was advised is pretty much as embarrassing a scoreline in ice hockey as it would be in football. A possible silver lining for Sir Rod is that this probably gave a brief taste of what seeing his son turn out for Scotland might have felt like.

Ben Moore , Chiswick