Devils v Blaze - 25/02 @ 19:00 - League - Chat/Updates

august04

I don't think the Devils got out of second gear. Kearney showed some nice touches but that was so easy. I prefer watching the Devils with Bordy in the lineup and I'm hoping him bring a healthy scratch isn't going to be a regular thing for the remainder of the season. Coventry were dire, possibly the worst Blaze performance I've ever seen. 2 more valuable points in the bag.

Leighton

Tremendous performance from the entire team.... Tremendous performance from Cameron superfan.... The SOHB drawing was an absolute disgrace however

ASHIPP

A business-like performance and 2 valuable points. So good to see the Team looking like the fun had returned and they played a relaxed style. Bownsey looked confident and great for him to earn another shut out.

Chemistry there throughout and Kearney has slotted in seamlessly, showing some real moments of skill tonight.

The healthy scratch issue will only be problematic if it's overthought. Lordo,as head coach, needs to ice the strongest and most appropriate roster game by game. No sentiment should be attached - all about giving the team the best shot at getting the job done now.

Devil94

Coventry didn't look like they wanted to be there at all. Looks like Danny Stewart has lost them.

Benti was around the rink tonight. What's stopping us dressing him, and then just let him stay on the bench or even go straight to the dressing room after game has started? That would mean we wouldn't have to leave another import out, would it not?

matbur

Coventry very poor but Devils committed and professional. Successive home shutouts for Bownsy too.

Dunno if I'm imagining this but were Kearney's minutes quite a bit less than everyone elses?

If so, I'm guessing he's just getting match fitness back.

Would love to see player minutes logged like they do in the NHL/AHL.

Russky

A truly professional, clinical 60 minute performance from the Devils, even though they dropped down to 2nd gear, to conserve energy once the game was clearly won halfway through the 2nd period. The third period was purely just an exercise in running the clock down and conserving energy. Even then they still scored a further three goals which just shows how poor Coventry were last night. Had it been a boxing match, Smith would have stopped the game in the 2nd to save the Blaze from further punishment.

Last edited: