Devils v Blaze - 09/03 @ 6:00pm - League - Chat/Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
devils2001uk said:
Ocko said:
What happened to the intro? That was a shambles, was there actually a 'technical hitch' or did the Match night team jump the gun?

Tonight was also a perfect example of how the end of game presentations completely kill off a lot of the emotion and praise the players deserve when they come off. It should be away MoTM, SoHB, home MoTM, skate off. All this nonsense skate in for a picture skate back, someone skate in for another, oh wait someone else wants a picture team come back in for another one. By the time the players skate off most people are bored waiting or have left already. The players deserve better after performances like this, they deserve to be clapped off with the emotion of the game still there. I get there needs to be prizes for whatever the competition is but why not a puck sponsorship or something else?
it was a mistake it was ment to be the announcement then go in to the intro, but the Zamboni went out and had to go off so they took that as it was good to go , but it turned out it was full, and came back on
Ok we all make mistakes - but from the DJ box you have a clear view of the ice pad. From the DJ stand one could clearly see that the Zamboni doors were not shut - Players are NOT allowed on the ice when the Zamboni is on the ice or if the Zamboni doors remain open. There was also the matter of a dump of ice remaining on the ice pad - Are these not clues enough to suggest that even if the start of the Intro button has been pressed to think perhaps they should have stopped this process.

Sadly no - the intro carries on and the muppets in DJ corner get a deserved rendition of "You Don't Know What Your Doing". If it was their first attempt (or second) attempt at doing the Game intro, you could possibly give a degree of tolerance, but this isn't - They've had nearly a whole season to get it sorted into something worthwhile. Sadly the whole thing is buttock-clenchingly awful.

Shambles and Embarassing.

I would like to thank the team for a great win and game of hockey and on a personal note I would like to thank Ben Davies and the Devils organisation for agreeing to have his photo taken with my Daughter on the ice at the end of the game my daughter has special needs problems and it made her day :)

DevilDom

Good win with Devils playing an agrressive forechecking game which worked on two counts - firstly winding the blaze players up and then causing numerous turnovers in the offensive zone leading to at least 1 of the goals.

One worry though is our pp which was awful again last night with 0 from 7. I think there were at least 2 pp's where we failed to get even one shot off. That takes us to 0 from 34 in our last 7 games. If we want to (a) make the playoffs and then (b) do anything at all in them, we need to get this working and reach a respectable conversion level.

You can not see the zamboine doors from dj box , all he would of seen was the zamboine going off no commutation made to the area that it was full, and with the wet cut not being done it was hard to see if the ice was ready or not , though the other question that should of been asked was why the zamboni was not emptied first

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

devils2001uk said:
You can not see the zamboine doors from dj box , all he would of seen was the zamboine going off no commutation made to the area that it was full, and with the wet cut not being done it was hard to see if the ice was ready or not , though the other question that should of been asked was why the zamboni was not emptied first

Correction - you can clearly see the Zamboni doors from the DJ Box - the previous observations and comments remain valid.

I'm sorry but I simply don't buy your comments that with a dry ice cut, it is difficult to view such a large dump of ice on the ice pad - certainly not for someone who has played the game as much as Mumbles has.

We've gone from one of the best "off-ice" Match Night Entertainment experiences in the whole league to something that falls well short of previously high standards.

It's embarrassing - having the team you support come out on to the ice to NOTHING, no build up of support and as for the choices of music for breaks in play - Awful. Men of Harlech always played second break in play EVERY GAME - takes too long to get the crowd involved. CLUELESS

Armchair Coach said:
devils2001uk said:

Correction - you can clearly see the Zamboni doors from the DJ Box - the previous observations and comments remain valid.

I'm sorry but I simply don't buy your comments that with a dry ice cut, it is difficult to view such a large dump of ice on the ice pad - certainly not for someone who has played the game as much as Mumbles has.

We've gone from one of the best "off-ice" Match Night Entertainment experiences in the whole league to something that falls well short of previously high standards.

It's embarrassing - having the team you support come out on to the ice to NOTHING, no build up of support and as for the choices of music for breaks in play - Awful. Men of Harlech always played second break in play EVERY GAME - takes too long to get the crowd involved. CLUELESS

Ok how would you know what you can and can't see from the dj box ?? Yeah some of the songs need an edit, but things will change come next year and still you just ignored my question and happy to have a go at people who give up there time, why you just pick holes in one game where you should be talking about the one ice product

So can you answer , why wasn't the zamboni emptied first ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

jimmy snels

Had a great victory and played a great aggressive style so can't criticise that so what can I moan about. .. hmmmm ... the drummer? The dj? :roll: :roll: :roll:

Sliput

Great home win from the Devils, as has been said though, our PP is awful !!

Need to pick up points from this weekend. Only two weekends left , ideally 7th would be ideal as ,sadly, I cant see us beating the Giants to Nottingham.

D

Deleted member 1337

devils2001uk said:
Armchair Coach said:
devils2001uk said:

Ok how would you know what you can and can't see from the dj box ?? Yeah some of the songs need an edit, but things will change come next year and still you just ignored my question and happy to have a go at people who give up there time, why you just pick holes in one game where you should be talking about the one ice product

Reply to Bold
As someone who has been in the DJ box (to help with some Rec/ENL2? and other DCF games last year), I can confirm that you can clearly see the zamboni entrance(you would have also been able to see where the ice was dumped).

devils2001uk said:
Armchair Coach said:
devils2001uk said:

Like Elliswf, I too have been in the DJ booth helping out over the years (giving up my time freely to help out the NIHL and Junior Club) and can recall being able to clearly see that whether the Zamboni doors are or are not open.

The fact that the doors weren't closed and there was a dump of ice on the pad would suggest to the majority of people that until such time as these matters were dealt with, it would NOT be a good time to start the Devils Intro.

Secondly, Having started the Devils intro, I would like to think, (had I been in that situation), that I would have had the good sense to pull the plug and allow the ice pad to get sorted and then go again with the intro.

Sadly (IMHO) Mumbles thought it appropriate to carry on and allow the intro to run its full course for ???

The Team regularly comes on to the ice to a very poor level of noise support. I think it would be quite reasonable to think that that would be a key attribute for a DJ to have to perform - get the crowd going. Compared with what has gone before, the present off ice is a poor comparison (IMHO)

Changes have been requested since the start of the season - even allowing for teething problems, waiting till next season to get things sorted won't tip the balance positively for any wavering ST fans deciding whether or not to renew their ST for next season.

It's not one game - there have been numerous requests for improvements/ changes regarding the off ice, but we're still waiting. At least with the On Ice the "Powers That Be" have recognised that there have been instances during the season when situations have occurred about which something needed doing - they've did something (not always right IMO), but at least they've did something.

As for reason(s) as to when the Zamboni gets emptied, I suggest you direct your enquiries to someone that either drives the Zamboni or at least works for Planet Ice.

Finny

Isn't Mumbles the announcer rather than the DJ?

There seem to be 3 people in the booth on match nights and I'd have thought someone other than mumbles would be in charge of videos and starting videos?

Wannabe2

Finny said:
Isn't Mumbles the announcer rather than the DJ?

There seem to be 3 people in the booth on match nights and I'd have thought someone other than mumbles would be in charge of videos and starting videos?
With you on that one.

mazza03

Mumbles is just the announcer and there is someone else doing the intro and video (so I've been told) this problem has been from day one and IMHO whoever is in charge is either too lazy to listen to complaints and rectify or is too arrogant and thinks he knows best, whichever it is it's about time PR/BP listened to the fans and kicked some arse :DWD

Status
Not open for further replies.