Devils v Blaze - 09/03 @ 6:00pm - League - Chat/Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #1

We're running the ever biased Match Night Live! for this game from the usual location of http://www.the-inferno.co.uk/mnl

James is back as the host for this game, so if you've got a rumour, or just want to moan at him for the lack of comedy dragon being displayed on this thread then feel free to send him an email using matchnightlive@gmail.com

If you want something more exciting, or less disgustingly biased and more neutral and yet still awesome then there's a webcast running from http://www.cardiffdevilstv.net

blah blah critical game blah blah must win etc etc... 3 league games to go after this one

ASHIPP

After 2 recent losses to the Blaze including blowing a 3 goal lead, have the Devils actually learned enough lessons about how the Blaze win games.

4 teams battling hard for playoff positions and revenue. Let's hope Devils are inspired enough to get the result they desperately need.

It really IS do or die in every battle for the playoffs.

knowitall said:
If we lose our chances are over!
It's all on tonight's game!
I'm afraid I agree and it is difficult to be optimistic at the moment.
But here's hoping.
If we can at least score on the penalty play it will give us a chance.

Wow how about that then? So much for my pessimism.
Well done Cardiff Devils.
Some good individual performances out there tonight along with a solid team performance.
Now of course we still have to pick up some more points and with the defence tightening up we still could be in with a chance.

RAMA is growing on me lol!!
He played immense tonight and his last 5 games he have got roughly 5 or so points.

Great win for devils too :)

ASHIPP

Well done Devils. A well executed home win having addressed many of the lessons from the last Blaze game especially good man marking and more aggression and much improved p3 concentration.

Some excellent individual performances but fantastic hard fought team effort. Fighting for their playoff lives and they delivered tonight.

Ocko

What happened to the intro? That was a shambles, was there actually a 'technical hitch' or did the Match night team jump the gun?

Tonight was also a perfect example of how the end of game presentations completely kill off a lot of the emotion and praise the players deserve when they come off. It should be away MoTM, SoHB, home MoTM, skate off. All this nonsense skate in for a picture skate back, someone skate in for another, oh wait someone else wants a picture team come back in for another one. By the time the players skate off most people are bored waiting or have left already. The players deserve better after performances like this, they deserve to be clapped off with the emotion of the game still there. I get there needs to be prizes for whatever the competition is but why not a puck sponsorship or something else?

Great game tonight, Devils had fire and passion in their bellies from the off. This was a league game but was played like it was a play-off game. Just a shame the pp still stinks.

Devil94

knowitall said:
RAMA is growing on me lol!!
He played immense tonight and his last 5 games he have got roughly 5 or so points.
After his first few performances I'd never thought I would agree with that. But was very good tonight. Not just his hockey, but he really got under the skin of the Blaze. Big hit on Egener early on (which Egener didn't forget all game), was chirping at Henrich and Wilson all game. Nice to see.

James

Administrator
Ocko said:
What happened to the intro? That was a shambles, was there actually a 'technical hitch' or did the Match night team jump the gun? or something else?
It looked like the Zamboni had finished its thing so they started the intro. Then they realised it had deposited a snowdrift at one point and had to go back round to clear it off. Judging by the terrible dry cuts it was doing, it wasn't working very well at all last night.

Ocko wrote:
What happened to the intro? That was a shambles, was there actually a 'technical hitch' or did the Match night team jump the gun? or something else?

Got to agree with you Ocko. The introductions this year have been worse than dreadful. What used to be an intimidating atmosphere in the BBT is now nothing like, there is no crescendo or build up of support. Does the guy on the microphone have a scooby doo what is going on.? The players come on to less noise/support than there is in a library.

The guy doing the introductions has got an ideal location to see both the players entrance and the fact that the Zamboni is still clearing up/finishing off the ice cut and still hasn't got the sense to abort the Intro, which could have passed as a technical glitch rather than the complete Horlicks that last night's intro turned out to be.

SHAMBLES.

The after match awards is yet more drivel. Players back and forth to the carpet to have a photo with someone. Perhaps a change of awards order could/should be considered. Given that 50:50 and SOHB are available to both home and away fans, SUGGESTION - Why not deal with these two awards first, then deal with the MOM awards. That way there process could be completed in a much more timely manner, with significantly more fans remaining to cheers the boys for their endeavours. Just a whacky idea from left field - don't expect anyone to run with it, as most suggestions tend to get batted back on the "we know best philosophy"

Koop11

Felt like a playoff game last night. I guess every game is now if we want to qualify for the playoffs. Very good performance and entertaining game. Huge weekend ahead of us. I would suggest a minimum of 3 points will be needed to keep us contenders for the playoffs.

Finny

People criticise the intro from last night, but it's got a 100% win record. Same again next week please!

Good, solid performance from the Devils against a Coventry side who were more interested in settling personal scores than winning the game. Maybe if they had put the same effort into their performances as they did smashing up their sticks then it would have been closer.

Great to see Ben back in the line-up and scored two lovely goals. Tyson was awesome again and Richardson looks to be fully over his injury and back to his best.

And fair play to Rama he really got under the Coventry players' skin last night. Took some really nasty slashes and big hits but never stopped giving it back to them.

Vital win to move us back to 8th, hopefully a couple more wins will hopefully guarantee qualification.

Thoroughly enjoyed the game. A couple of things that summed up the season - can see why we have one of the worst power plays and the intro was a farce. Near the end after the Devils iced the puck the DJ waited for the players and officials to skate back up the other end, get ready for the face off and then decided to play 1 second worth of Bryan Adams.

Very good performance though by the players. Due to our poor goalie signings and bad luck recently do we need to get Kamil signed up as soon as possible. The games I've seen him he seems good enough for us.

Ocko said:
What happened to the intro? That was a shambles, was there actually a 'technical hitch' or did the Match night team jump the gun?

Tonight was also a perfect example of how the end of game presentations completely kill off a lot of the emotion and praise the players deserve when they come off. It should be away MoTM, SoHB, home MoTM, skate off. All this nonsense skate in for a picture skate back, someone skate in for another, oh wait someone else wants a picture team come back in for another one. By the time the players skate off most people are bored waiting or have left already. The players deserve better after performances like this, they deserve to be clapped off with the emotion of the game still there. I get there needs to be prizes for whatever the competition is but why not a puck sponsorship or something else?
it was a mistake it was ment to be the announcement then go in to the intro, but the Zamboni went out and had to go off so they took that as it was good to go , but it turned out it was full, and came back on

Status
Not open for further replies.