Devils v Blaze - 01/03 @ 7:00pm - League - Chat/Updates

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #1

We're running the ever biased Match Night Live! for this game from the usual location of http://www.the-inferno.co.uk/mnl

James is back as the host for this game, so if you've got a rumour, or just want to moan at him for the lack of comedy dragon being displayed on this thread then feel free to send him an email using matchnightlive@gmail.com

If you want something more exciting, or less disgustingly biased and more neutral and yet still awesome then there's a webcast running from http://www.cardiffdevilstv.net

Another crucial game for the Devils, we really really really need to win this one, or at least get the 2 points to maintain our playoff hopes. We're going to be missing Kurka and Smith for this game, and possibly missing some others ither through illness or injury but I can't really remember who :(

Whatever the case, this is something of an important game with the league table as it current stands, so a crushing victory to make up for the last game would be nice :)

A must win game A 4 pointer as it is against one of our nearest rivals for the play offs. Really can't afford to lose this one at home. Hope we have a few players back.

DevilDom

Myers is still suspended and not sure fitness of Davies, Gipters or whether Morissette has got over his Visaitas.

Can't see us winning this one with so many out. The teams around us are fighting hard whilst we seem to be sinking fast. :(

ASHIPP

Myers still out and Ben for this one. Everybody else back according to the Echo.

Better man marking and some aggression might be lessons leant from last Blaze game. Ginand and Henrich managed to get into spaces unmarked to score including the usual unassisted goal.

Devils must get points from all games now to secure a playoff place. Fife breathing down their necks for 8th.

Not game related but......

We'll have the last few G Testimonial programmes at the RAT sales desk tonight if anyone would like to pick one up, they're £5

We've also got the remaining G Testimonial T-Shirts and our RAT merchandise which is all now half price

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #7
The what?! ;:|

I don't have the webcast tonight so what have I missed? Apart from 3 goals...

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #9
Ah, yes that was played when I was back in Cardiff a few weeks back, or maybe it was at Christmas :S

There has to be a better song out there that could be played when Lord scores or whatever else surely?!

Slartibartfast

Devils looked so much the better team in the early part of the game but they looked knackered later on. Not surprising with 3 players out and illness in the team
But I take some positives from this loss. The passing is good, the lines are clicking much better and we are scoring when we still have the energy.
Just hope we make it to the play offs because I think a full strength Devils would be a force to be reckoned with.

Special mention to the third line particularly CJ who is only 23 and competes well with the imports out there. They did a great job of keeping the puck in the Blaze end on their shifts.

Credit where it is due though, I think the Blaze worked hard for this one and Tanaka doesn't score a lot of goals but causes chaos. That guy can skate

Good game. I enjoyed it.

Question though. I was sat in block 5 and i swear the puck didn't go in on their first goal. Can anyone confirm?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Have Hope#35

Thought the Devils were really, really good in the first period... Problem was we were shocking in th last 2 periods! Also anyone know why Mo didn't take a Penalty, ok he missed one during the game but with the exception of Kurka who's faultless he's our best!

Wannabe2

Have Hope#35 said:
Thought the Devils were really, really good in the first period... Problem was we were shocking in th last 2 periods! Also anyone know why Mo didn't take a Penalty, ok he missed one during the game but with the exception of Kurka who's faultless he's our best!
Won't win games playing for 20 mins, Morrisette didn't play in the 3rd period, don't know why but that's why he didn't take one.

jimmy snels

danhall76 said:
Good game. I enjoyed it.

Question though. I was sat in block 5 and i swear the puck didn't go in on their first goal. Can anyone confirm?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
Yer defo went in. I stand behind the goal to the left so basically was straight down the line of it. Went JUST into top left corner.

As for the game

Great first period. Changed the way we played stupidly and cost us. Again. Really not impressed. Other than lord and cj who can honestly say they thought the forwards were trying as much in the second and third? Terrible

DevilDom

We looked like a Devils team of old for 1 period.

Unfortunately (and I know this hurts) we are not as good as Blaze and they came back and won 2 periods and deserved the 2 points.

We are not good enough and our league position is not unwarranted.

jimmy snels

DevilDom said:
We looked like a Devils team of old for 1 period.

Unfortunately (and I know this hurts) we are not as good as Blaze and they came back and won 2 periods and deserved the 2 points.

We are not good enough and our league position is not unwarranted.
Which is why it really suprises me when I hear the statements from people saying "the players won't want to come back" "they'll got with G to steelers". Im like "yer we're eighth I kinda hope it's true!!" :lol:

ASHIPP

Unbelievable that the Devils could lose such an important game from a comfortable 3-0 position in p1. They seemed devoid of a gameplan to close down the game after that...or a plan to tighten up after Blaze scored their 2nd goal.

Can't ever fault the effort of our team. They created plenty of chances but just couldn't finish. Zacharias gave up a few rebounds but no-one seemed to be there to clean up. Both teams poor on the pp tonight.

Fife closing in...they are fighting to get a playoff position. Struggling to see where Devils will pick up points in next few games and unfortunately their playoff position is far from safe.Excluding the arena teams the Devils' results against other teams this season illustrate that they are simply not collectively good enough.

Whis has said in tonight's programme he's identified holes in the roster...hopefully they will have a few natural goalscorers and a watertight defence next season.

On to Sheffield tomorrow who, btw, beat Nottingham tonight. Panthers had been in the lead.

wondeful game at FIA tonite..although we lost AOT we played with skill and passion and we should of won it but made a couple of lazy d blunders...

I was sat in 5 too and it looked like it was crossbar and out, even PINGED very loud. Thought may have hit the back bar but the back bar is down the middle, and someone above said it went into the corner so no clue where the ping came from.

My hubby (a blaze fan) thought it didn't go in either.