Devils v Blaze - 01/03 @ 7:00pm - League - Chat/Updates

jimmy snels

Like I say im stood about ten feet away straight down the line of it. Defo saw puck jam into corner. Most stood with me said exactly the same.

D

Deleted member 1337

I was sat in block 5 with 3 of my friends, also, but never thought that the buck went it. I have spoken to someone who sat opposite in block 11 and they agree, however I all of us are yet to see any replays.

Finny

Was there a promotion on tickets last night? One of the biggest crowds of the season and I haven't seen a queue like that outside just before face off for a long time. Bit surprised they didn't delay face off, hope they all got inside for the start.

Especially as the 1st period was arguably our best of the season. We hit everything in sight, never let the Blaze settle and deservedly went 3-0 ahead.

Unfortunately we started to tire and our injury and suspension issues probably cost us the win, made worse by Jake seemingly pick up an injury too.

One player who really did impress me was CJ. I thought he was outstanding last night in what was possibly his best ever performance.

It was another point dropped though and unless we can get everyone back fully fit I fear we will miss out on the playoffs, especially as there are a couple of imports on our roster who aren't good enough for this level.

Ocko

What happened to morrisette in the third? Seemed to randomly skate off and into the locker room.

Funny seeing Richie as a forward. Wasn't the last time he played as one was when Whis was here before?

Ocko

Finny said:
especially as there are a couple of imports on our roster who aren't good enough for this level.
When Smith returns Rama shouldn't be anywhere near this team. He's up there with the worst imports I've ever seen in the league, let alone the devils. I've played against better ENL players.... In fact better rec!

ASHIPP

Unfortunately Markus is showing the difference in his experience level and that of other import players in the team. Club had an opportunity to keep fiesty Jaroslav Cesky from Manchester Phoenix a few weeks ago....the club should have kept him. He plays now for Edinburgh.

Anyone playing on Tomas Kurka's or Mac's lines needs to be able to give those top guys f.ll support. Gipters also v average performance last night and others too.

Frustrating for Whis ....he can only ice the players available to him. All of whom were recruited by other people.

Full credit to our all British line of CJ, Luke and Adam. Did a top job keeping Blaze in their own end on their shifts and battling to retain the puck.

jimmy snels

I do question our line match ups as well. Whis got that wrong last night. At 3-1 up he matched our young brits to the blaze top line. Surely when winning we should have had lords line matched up? Very strange desision and ultimately cost us the 2nd goal.

Sheincar

That was a point lost which we really can't afford to be doing. However a number of players were back last night for their first game in a while, for whatever reason, & so were probably struggling a bit. CJ & Luke are must signs for me for next season. Nothing of either of them but they seem fearless.

Sheincar

devils2001uk said:
Seen the replay hits the inside of post and comes back out

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
You talking about Blaze goal or Mac's penalty shot as that's the only 1 I've seen a replay of?

Earnie

Good turn out last night. One of the biggest crowds I have seen at BBT for la long. Time. Pity we blew it. I do think some players are playing despite being ill?
What happened to Morisette?

A friend in Block 6 claims Faulkner's penalty shot DID cross the line.

Sheincar

Earnie said:
Good turn out last night. One of the biggest crowds I have seen at BBT for la long. Time. Pity we blew it. I do think some players are playing despite being ill?

A number of people were claiming that last night but the replay I saw showed that the puck hit the inside of the post & came back out WITHOUT crossing the line.
http://instagram.com/p/lBBryrGcv4/

Earnie said:

It was a good crowd and a good atmosphere. Lots of young people in blocks 6 and 7 who came to have a good time (and did) and not interested in all the petty nit picking that others want to indulge in.

Koop11

Déjà vu. Big crowd = poor display.

We have a short bench right now which is clearly hurting us but losing a 3-0 lead at home is not good enough.