Devils @ Steelers - Saturday 23rd- 7pm - Chat & Updates

Wannabe2

Steelers could have had a cardboard cut out in goals tonight, we were that poor. Without Bowns tonight it would have been extremely embarrassing. We really were never in it, we didn't hit, in fact we didn't really turn up, we had 3 shots in the first period says it all.

Rich Best

Rabbitohs4 said:
I think clan are defiantly favourites for the league now :(
To many difficult games for the Devils and I can still see us dropping a few points on the road!

Although I wanted Devils to win I just couldn't see it...

£5 accumulator was easy tonight and good odds. Clan flyers steelers Panthers and Giants £5 returns £90 :)

Thanks you.
greatfan.com betting against your own team!

august04

devils1990 said:
yep to only get one past the back up is extremely poor indeed.clans to lose now imo.i'd like to see us ease up now and just make sure we win the conference so we get a good seeding in the play offs and try and retain the challenge cup.
You can't ease up, that'll cause us no end of problems in the run in. Braehead are 5 points behind, 4 games in hand I think. With their run in, they'll win the league now, no question. We just couldn't afford to lose that game tonight. We were far too defensive and seemed to just sit back and try to soak up the pressure. That just doesn't work for us in that rink. Why can't we just try to play own high tempo game and take it to Sheffield? Very difficult to understand what we were doing out there. Hervato mentioned bus legs on the webcast, give me a break....what happened to the other 2 periods?!

Rich Best said:
Rabbitohs4 said:
I think clan are defiantly favourites for the league now :(
To many difficult games for the Devils and I can still see us dropping a few points on the road!

Although I wanted Devils to win I just couldn't see it...

£5 accumulator was easy tonight and good odds. Clan flyers steelers Panthers and Giants £5 returns £90 :)

Thanks you.
greatfan.com betting against your own team!
You go where the money is my friend!!
Devils never win in Sheffield and at 5/4 that's good odds imo

Ocko

Exactly the same as the game in Ice Sheffield before Christmas. We play as if we have no intention of winning. Brad Day is crap. Seriously, he's bad. To only score one is not acceptable.

Dissapointing.

Wannabe2

Ocko said:
Exactly the same as the game in Ice Sheffield before Christmas. We play as if we have no intention of winning. Brad Day is crap. Seriously, he's bad. To only score one is not acceptable.

Dissapointing.
There again if you only put one shot on him you ain't going to score anymore

Ocko

Wannabe2 said:
Ocko said:

Dissapointing.
There again if you only put one shot on him you ain't going to score anymore
Yeah exactly. That's the problem we think we can win games riding Bowns and blocking shots. We forget you need to score. Our goal scoring away is atrocious.

Wannabe2

I ain't saying anymore tonight, due to the fact I have my head right up my rump, and I am going to go over the top, although I really want to say what I feel as I believe in that, but I am so p----d off with our display tonight that I better go away.

Rich Best

I remember at this time last year Braehead were firm favourites and couldn't possibly throw it away, yet they went into the last weekend as 3rd favourite. Let's keep faith folks. There is a lot of hockey left to play, we remain top of the league.

Wannabe2 said:
I ain't saying anymore tonight, due to the fact I have my head right up my rump, and I am going to go over the top, although I really want to say what I feel as I believe in that, but I am so p----d off with our display tonight that I better go away.
Glad it's not just me that's in a foul mood about that tonight then.

Nobody's asking you to be a 'negative supporter' in fact I don't think they exist as the vast majority of us will be doing exactly the same as you, turning up at the tent looking for a good performance and another win to help us fight for this title and take it to the wire. However on here tonigh there is just a group of people using the forum exactly how it was intended, to voice opinions. Tonight's performance was unacceptable as it has been the majority of times we've been up there since about 2012. If you want to keep optimistic, good on you buddy, hope it comes off for you. Like I said I hope we fight for the title right to the wire but the fact remains that Braehead are in a far stronger position at this moment in time.

voth26

Rich Best said:
I personally won't be a negative supporter tomorrow I will be expecting a good performance and a 5th win in 6 games (I think?)!
+1 OK so we lost tonight, crap day at the office, but Jesus lighten up people, real fans support their team through good times and adversity time for us to show and prove we are real fans. The comment of it's braehead league to lose do your self a favour and have a word with yourself, for Christ sake get a grip

Really could have done with getting something out of this game. Like so many others I don't get our game plan tonight, especially seeing how well we've played the previous 5 games. I would say we may have needed to play this way at various points last year but we' ve got the beating of every team this year home or away in my opinion and should be dictating the play and not sitting back. The house of tin hoodoo continues.

On a positive there's still a hell of lot of hockey yet to play, i don't agree that Breahead are nailed on certainties, they were odds on last year and bottled it. Anything can happen.

It's far better having the points on the board rather than having games in hand. Braehead have a busier run in than us and fatigue may play a part.

We're top of the league, we're top of the conference, we've got the leagues top points scorer and the best goalie. Keep believing Red Army!!!!!!!!

Let's go Devils!!!!!

Sliput

Tonight we lost to a very good team. Whether Day is a good NM or not is irrelevant, a teams D always closes in to protect a back up !! Yes, we could have played better but Sheffield dominated that game and sometimes that is impossible to break down.

Some people really need to calm down before they post on here or other forums !!

Rich Best

Unfortunately forums are full of negative people... Positive people lets try and speak louder! The players read this and I would prefer to see them read positive posts that will help them perform. Constructive criticism with a positive flavour is fine!

kettdevil1

Some of you must have been at a different game to me!!!! Whilst disappointed with the result I am immensely proud of the team....... It really was an incredibly tense game and although Sheffield did most of the attacking, I thought we were desperately unlucky not to get something out of it.

I actually disagree with Ocko about the tactics, I thought Lordo tried something different tonight to the Ice Sheffield game with one man sent in to hustle and the D collapsing rather more when Sheffield attacked. To be fair, it came within one unlucky bounce and a couple of glaring misses of working.

The D worked their socks off, throwing themselves in front of pucks and both Josh and Ritchie were immense. Up front, I thought Joey Haddad battled had and both Kurka and Martin made the most of the scraps they were fed.

Our record there isn't as bad as their record in our barn but it isn't good. Today, we came within a whisker of changing that..... and although I am gutted on all sorts of levels, the negativity towards the team was a bit surprising, I thought the mood amongst the hoards travelling seemed disappointed but at the result rather than the team....

Rich Best

kettdevil1 said:
Some of you must have been at a different game to me!!!! Whilst disappointed with the result I am immensely proud of the team....... It really was an incredibly tense game and although Sheffield did most of the attacking, I thought we were desperately unlucky not to get something out of it.

I actually disagree with Ocko about the tactics, I thought Lordo tried something different tonight to the Ice Sheffield game with one man sent in to hustle and the D collapsing rather more when Sheffield attacked. To be fair, it came within one unlucky bounce and a couple of glaring misses of working.

The D worked their socks off, throwing themselves in front of pucks and both Josh and Ritchie were immense. Up front, I thought Joey Haddad battled had and both Kurka and Martin made the most of the scraps they were fed.

Our record there isn't as bad as their record in our barn but it isn't good. Today, we came within a whisker of changing that..... and although I am gutted on all sorts of levels, the negativity towards the team was a bit surprising, I thought the mood amongst the hoards travelling seemed disappointed but at the result rather than the team....
Well said. Lets keep our chins up, I don't know of any occasion in the whole of history where negativity helped!