Devils @ Steelers - Saturday 23rd- 7pm - Chat & Updates

Skippy

Thread starter #1

Some of you may remember chanting "Can we play you every week" on Sunday.. well good news maybe.. we can ! Or at least this week anyway

Huge Game can't sum this one up as being huge enough.

The Steelers run a web cast details of which can be found here https://sheffieldsteelers.tv/ .

We will be running the 'ridiculously childish and disgustingly biased' Match Night Live service for this game as always expect name calling, slurs and bad jokes about keepers not being able to stop beach balls in epic proportions, at the usual location of http://www.the-inferno.co.uk/mnl

If you'd like to chip in with a comment or make a score prediction on the night you can contact us at matchnightlive@gmail.com

Texters are always needed so if you can help us out please get in touch by PM or text the MNL line on 07527 625206.

voth26

Big game again in the house of tin, we need another performance like last weekend but more importantly the 2 points on offer. Anyone know if Salters will available for this one?

DevilDom

Another huge game, then they all are at the moment. Would like to see Salters back in the line-up if available but couldn't tell you who I would sit! Great problem for Lord to have if he is available.

I'd take a point if you offered it to me now!

ASHIPP

Doesn't get any bigger than this as a road game against immediate rivals. If Devils can play a disciplined, defensively tight game and maximise their pp chances like they did so well on Sunday, hopefully they will get the result they deserve.

Steelers demonstrated they can be easily unsettled...more of the same on Saturday would help .

Skippy

Thread starter #5
I see the image has been edited after I posted it.. very sneaky chaps.. well played :)

I'd also take a point from this game now if it was offered.

Devil94

Referee is Tom Perring. Was expecting Hicks or Darnell for this one.

Haven't seen much if any of him as I can remember. Sheffield get him a lot and the reports I've seen are not favourable from their fans. But that just could be their usual moaning. We never do that :D :D

Wannabe2

It's no good playing pretty well against a good team in there gaff, with there back up in, if we get a point we would have stolen it

august04

Devils got exactly what they deserved tonight. It didn't matter who was in net for Steelers, hardly tested all night. If that's the style of play we've got to look forward to on big ice at IAW, then God help us. Out worked, outplayed and would have been comfortable for the Steelers without Bowns, who played very well. Very disappointing performance.

yep to only get one past the back up is extremely poor indeed.clans to lose now imo.i'd like to see us ease up now and just make sure we win the conference so we get a good seeding in the play offs and try and retain the challenge cup.

pjj365

Angusdevil7 said:
Really need to work out why we can't even buy a league win in Sheffield, it would make life so much easier
Agreed but since last league win there was 2012 it might still be some way off

jenks33

Jesus Christ i hate watching us in Sheffield! It was different when we had pretty average teams under Gerad Adams, we've got a bloody good team now. We show them far too much respect. I'm not sure what our tactics are, we seem to sit back from minute one and hope bowns keeps us in it. Sheffield fans must watch us and think ' how the hell are they top of the league'. We havent won a league game there since 2012, 14 matches i think! To pip Breahead to the league we're going to have to be positive. Went down with a whimper tonight i'm afraid

I think clan are defiantly favourites for the league now :(
To many difficult games for the Devils and I can still see us dropping a few points on the road!

Although I wanted Devils to win I just couldn't see it...

£5 accumulator was easy tonight and good odds. Clan flyers steelers Panthers and Giants £5 returns £90 :)

Thanks you.