Devils sign Tyson Marsh 2012/13

ASHIPP

Welcome to Cardiff, Tyson. Yet ANOTHER quality addition to the Devils' roster.

A quality all-round defenceman. Read G and Franny's words and the emphasis again is on a combination of qualities - hockey skill and, equally importantly, fantastic work ethic and leadership. Tyson sounds like the right 'fit' for the Team. :cool:

So many uknowns still.......

Stuu's return still open-ended.

We don't know yet if G will decide to play forward or defence

Will the Devils go with 10 imports initially and recruit an 11th later?

Any more British players joining the Team?

Exciting times. :cool:

TheStub

Thread starter #26
Re: Re: Devils sign Tyson Marsh 2012/13

J.B said:
Looks decent enough but doesn't seem to score many points for an offensive defenceman?
Except for the part where he was the highest scoring D in the league?

Top goal scoring Defenceman but doesn't seem to get many assists for someone playing the powerplay. As I said, should be decent but not sure he is quite up to the level of the other 2 guys you've signed from Italy.

TheStub

Thread starter #28
J.B said:
Top goal scoring Defenceman but doesn't seem to get many assists for someone playing the powerplay. As I said, should be decent but not sure he is quite up to the level of the other 2 guys you've signed from Italy.
We have already signed Kenton, who will probably be our go to guy as the offensive D. What I expect we are getting here is a slightly more balanced guy who can contribute a few more points than your average stay at home guy.

Jones72

TheStub said:
J.B said:
We have already signed Kenton, who will probably be our go to guy as the offensive D. What I expect we are getting here is a slightly more balanced guy who can contribute a few more points than your average stay at home guy.
Go on J.B...now switch to him shooting left or right as being a reason for him not being up to much...you've got a 50/50 chance of a valid statement (at least in as much as his handedness)!

:DWD

Foxy

shepherd68 said:
Does anyone know where G will be playing next season, forward or d? I think I remember him saying he was playing forward but cant remember exactly.
he told my son today he was playing D

osh

Foxy said:
shepherd68 said:
Does anyone know where G will be playing next season, forward or d? I think I remember him saying he was playing forward but cant remember exactly.
he told my son today he was playing D

Oh dear! Maybe we aren't going to get another import D?

Koop11

I’m going against the grain with some people here but I’d be more than happy for G to play D. We had a very solid defence last season. Sure we’ve lost Richie but with the extra import rule, we have covered that loss and also have currently the best gaolie in the league. We’re actually stronger in D with Gerad at the back and with the addition of Marsh (on paper anyhow).

Where we struggled last season was up front. We couldn’t score when needed. This is where I feel we need to strengthen on last year. G playing defence will open the door to some offense if we get the right players. If he does bring in utility player who can drop back like Dobben did last year when injuries hit our D then we’re covered for any loss in defence.

I actually think G playing D is a shrewd move and support it.

Finny

Koop certainly makes an good point about needing more offence, but I also agree with osh that it would be a bit of a worry to not go with another Dman.

One possible solution would be to sign Frank (or someone similar). He can start the season as a 3rd line winger and drop back if needed.

I guess if we realistically aren't going to be challenging for the league title, it is better to score lots of goals than try and win games 1-0 or 2-1. And as Koop says, we do have at the moment the best netminder in the league who can usually steal you a couple of goals.

Wannabe2

Just for a change this year i am going to predict we will win the league, if our last few signings are quality then we are on our way.

osh

:lol: love your optimism W2, let's hope eh? Nice to see that our 3 new signings have a great mutual respect for each other. I thing G has done well so far and who he signs in the next 6 - 8 weeks will be interesting to see how he counters other teams signings ( especially the teams we play more games against). My personal realistic wish is that we are able to start the season with 11 imports, if so, G to play as a forward, bringing in a decent stay at home intimidating D who will be able to go with any of the new signings made by other teams ( but only when totally necessary ) and the final piece of our jigsaw will be the last remaining 2 forward import slots. Would be nice to see Stu back ( but I've got my doubts about that) if he doesn't return, a goal scoring centre, and a playmaker similar to the quality of Matzka . G will ensure all signings will be hardworking that's for sure. :D

Marsh is great.
He started the season here in Germany (2nd division) but a few weeks before the season started the coach folded and they signed a new czech coach.
Marsh never got going here, had some strange injuries (no one knew what he had) and was released after some months.
Its a shame because he is a good defensive minded defender who can fight anyone!
Good character.

congrats on the signing!
Post on a N.A forum about the Devils signing and got this reply.

Re: Re: Devils sign Tyson Marsh 2012/13

noodlesboy said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3RBT3R2pOg&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Check out the right he throws at about 2 seconds wow
Ryan Reaves is a tough guy as well. Fought McGrattan earlier this year so to hang with him is impressive.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2