devils sign smith

Wannabe2

Very good signing, and a very good player, Belfast, and Coventry wanted him, well played again Gerad. The story is in the echo, but the picture is of Sylvain Clouthier player/coach of Hull, Terry sends his apologise but it wasnt his cock-up.

yes its in the echo with quote from G so suggests to me its confirmed, can't say i know to much as i don't think i saw many caps games but looks a good signing :D

Ger-Devils

nmase20 said:
yes its in the echo with quote from G so suggests to me its confirmed, can't say i know to much as i don't think i saw many caps games but looks a good signing :D
Very decent player. Not on the devils website yet

Finny

He was clearly highly rated by not only the Edinburgh fans, but also Christiansen who tried to take him with him to the Giants.
Great to see us convince a player to sign for us instead of Belfast. Just goes to show how important our deals with Cardiff Business School are.

The team is really starting to shape up nicely. Encouraging news too in that article that they are awaiting a response from Brad.

Wannabe2

Mark Smith
Defense
Born Apr 18 1983 -- Beaumont, ALTA
Height 6.00 -- Weight 200 -- Shoots R
Regular Season Playoffs
Season Team Lge GP G A Pts PIM GP G A Pts PIM
2002-03 Sherwood Park Crusaders AJHL 54 9 23 32 41
2003-04 U. of Alaska-Anchorage NCAA 38 5 16 21 22
2004-05 U. of Alaska-Anchorage NCAA 20 0 0 0 4
2005-06 U. of Alaska-Anchorage NCAA 35 6 9 15 47
2006-07 U. of Alaska-Anchorage NCAA 36 5 6 11 31
2007-08 Charlotte Checkers ECHL 59 6 9 15 41 -- -- -- -- --
2008-09 Rocky Mountain Rage CHL 43 4 13 17 61 3 0 2 2 0
Make your own mind up.

Finny

Wannabe2 said:
So is Smithy on a business deal as well, as i thought we only had two and they were taken by Pelle and Mcrae or is that wrong.
Now confirmed on the official PR that he will be studying at CBS. :)

wildthing74

Don't think we can underestimate how lucky we are to have such a good school for these guys to go to.Combined with an awesome city to play and live in,it definately gives us an edge over some of the so called bigger clubs with their big arenas.

ASHIPP

This is another cracking signing. Welcome to Cardiff, Mark. :cool:

The importance of the Business School partnership cannot be underestimated - great support, good reputation, great city. It's an essential dealbreaker for player recruitment. And just look at the quality of the players studying via the Business School deal. :cool: G has played a blinder here persuading these guys to sign up - add those to Stevie and Ritchie who have also on extended contracts, and going forward, look at the stable core of guys the Devils are building up for the 2011-2012 season too. :cool:

A

Anonymous

I don't know much about Smith but reading your comments and what the Caps fans think/thought, it seems we have another very decent signing on board. The new squad appears to be shaping up nicely, I'm just not sure I can wait til September :cry: Welcome to Cardiff Mr. Smith !! I can see us having a very good season :p