Devils Sign Bode Wilde

Mooney#16

I think there is a difference between does or doesn’t rate him and just their being 7 or 8 D men ahead in the pecking order. Throw the duel nationals in it’s not even like he’s not in the top 8 Brits. Thar is top 8 of GB eligible players. Two very different metrics i’d say. Russell can still rate him but in his job as GB head coach he has to pick his top 8 available. Batchy probably sits handsomely at 9 or 10 in order.

Ocko

Hmm. Just been trying to find info on Bode and there's some off ice stuff there that's causing some concern to me. I'm sure his on ice performances will be fine but hopefully he won't have a negative impact in other ways.
Other than not getting vax’d, I can’t see any other off ice problems?

I don’t see that as an issue, it’s his right to refuse it if he doesn’t agree.

Finny

Hasn't rated him when selecting GB squad
As I pointed out above - he has though. He's been included in the initial squad for each of the last three years - and was selected for the World Championships in 2022.
So Russell has for the last three years said he is in the top 10 of Dmen eligible for Team GB. The season before last he had a great season with the Devils and unsurprisingly he made the final 8. Last season by his own admission he didn't reach those heights and made the top 10 but not the final 8.

Devils86

Other than not getting vax’d, I can’t see any other off ice problems?

I don’t see that as an issue, it’s his right to refuse it if he doesn’t agree.
The suggestion was that he was sent to both Europe and the ECHL due to his vaccination status, but also with the opportunity to be a big fish in those ponds and to have the opportunity to impress....

The conclusion from those that sent him was that he didn't impress. Hence his release back to Europe.

However, let's give the fella the opportunity to put all that behind him. No pressure to put up points, just go out and enjoy your hockey - play for the badge on the front and not the name on the back and he'll do fine. Many big players have fallen back in love with hockey due to this organisation so let's hope for one more

SteveKing

The link here is that Bode and Pete share the same agent and the thought was having a mentor like Pete and an english speaking country and locker room would be a much better fit for a very young man still trying to find his way. An absolute NHL talent from all reports. Very excited to have him in Cardiff and I know the team and fans will embrace him.

MA18

The link here is that Bode and Pete share the same agent and the thought was having a mentor like Pete and an english speaking country and locker room would be a much better fit for a very young man still trying to find his way. An absolute NHL talent from all reports. Very excited to have him in Cardiff and I know the team and fans will embrace him.
Must make sure a difference at that age having a soft landing into the environment the devils can offer.
Sure we’ll get him firing.

Kevlar68

There seems some concerns about issues Wilde may have but didn't Coughler have issues when he came to us if i remember correctly but look how good a signing he became.

I’m not concerned in the slightest what’s happened in this kids past. Fresh start in Cardiff, and it’s very important to remember he’s only 23.
Exactly this - very excited to see what he brings to the team. This could be an excellent fit and cannot wait to see him hit the ice for the Devils. Well done to all the leadership getting this over the line and the ambition being shown as we go into the second half of the campaign. Pete will get him firing I’m certain!!

Wannabe2

Really looking forward to seeing this young man play, hopefully we got a gem here. Let’s hope Cardiff the surroundings his team mates, great owners, the bestest fans will see him settle and feeling happy and content. With a bit of luck Cardiff will be the key that opens the lock to enjoying his career again, welcome to Gods Country Bode, it’s a little piece of heaven off the M4. Bring on Friday baby.

Have Hope#35

There seems some concerns about issues Wilde may have but didn't Coughler have issues when he came to us if i remember correctly but look how good a signing he became.
His were in relation to mental health so very different to what is being suggested here! Hopefully like Coughler he can learn to love the game again... Boy I miss Cougs.

kingmo19.1

Well, what are the odds on this !!

There I was earlier today, walking across the barrage in the drizzling rain admiring the dark murky grey sea and who should come roller blading towards me but Bode Wilde !

I shouted over, “Hey Bode, welcome to Wales but”! He nodded his approval but at the time couldn’t speak as he was tucking into what looked like a 6” Honeyoat, Ham, Lettuce, Cucumber, Red Onion, Gherkin and cheese Subway !

I mean that’s a quality choice! So I saluted him and let him go about his skating business!

He did shout back “Hey buddy, I’m going to tear it up, just watch, you just watch!”.