Devils Sign Bode Wilde

Devils86

Looks like he can skate from the announcement video....could do with some wheels back there apart from Mosey.

Interesting he's only 23

Devils86

Former team mate of Mike Pelech (Clan) and Liam Kirk in the ECHL; and Kristo (Steelers, now Blaze)

Right hander which means IIRC that Batch and Rymsha are our only left handed Ds. We've paired Crawford with right handed Mosey/Richardson

Could see the following lines:
Ritchie/Mosey - Crawford
Rymsha - Donehey
Batch/Ritchie - Wilde

Also means that's IF we are ever fully fit 3 sit in the gantry?

Cox-Martin-Sanford
Ully-Arniel-Crandall
Alderson-Busch-Barrow
Waller-Davies-Brandt
Duggan and Chad

On paper, strong roster. Just need to fix the consistency issues

Devil94

Looks like he was a very promising youngster that hasn't quite transitioned as hoped in to the pro game as of yet.
Played for USA U18s, was predicted to get drafted in the 1st round (eventually went 2nd round) with superb OHL stats.
Went straight in to the AHL but unfortunately for him went downwards after that and not up. I read somewhere that last season he was benched for a while with ECHL Atlanta team.
But obviously there's a talent there, raw potential and still young. Hopefully this is where he kick starts his own career and improves us too.

august04 2.0

This guy looks to be a very good signing with huge potential for this league, just what the Devils need. Looks to have resolved one of the glaring summer recruitment mistakes and I can see Pietroniro moving on now.

moggy#9

Wow, looks an impressive signing on paper, and the clips look impressive too. You have to wonder what the source of his inability to settle is though.

kingmo19.1

2 things jump out to me from his Elite Prospects:-

1. It makes me hungry and thirsty:-

Honeybaked yum yum, Chicago Mission (Burrito), Saginaw Spirit (I'll have a JD and Coke!) and Bridgeport Sound Tiger (Beer!!!!).

2. It was Stella (no pun intended) until 2021-2022 then goes from the AHL to the Allsvenskan ??? That's quite a drop.

I'm hoping we've found a hidden gem here.

Rempel16

He looks promising but that clip is more Gleason Fournier than Tyson Strachan.

And true to earlier conversation, 6’3 but weighs less than 200pounds so he’s not particularly a big body.

I think he will be a very good signing, just not the one we need right now. I don’t mean that negatively. I hope he comes and kicks our season on.

august04 2.0

He looks promising but that clip is more Gleason Fournier than Tyson Strachan.

And true to earlier conversation, 6’3 but weighs less than 200pounds so he’s not particularly a big body.

I think he will be a very good signing, just not the one we need right now. I don’t mean that negatively. I hope he comes and kicks our season on.
I think he’s exactly what we need right now, a potentially highly skilled, big D man who is solid at both ends of the ice. That's not to say we don’t need another player with a physical presence because I think we need that type of player too, in addition to this guy.

Finny

2 things jump out to me from his Elite Prospects:-

1. It makes me hungry and thirsty:-

Honeybaked yum yum, Chicago Mission (Burrito), Saginaw Spirit (I'll have a JD and Coke!) and Bridgeport Sound Tiger (Beer!!!!).

2. It was Stella (no pun intended) until 2021-2022 then goes from the AHL to the Allsvenskan ??? That's quite a drop.

I'm hoping we've found a hidden gem here.
From what I can find, it appears that in 2021 he chose not to have the COVID vaccine. So when the NHL resumed he was sent on loan to Sweden by the NY Islanders.
They felt he didn’t excel there like they expected so when he returned even though there were no longer any vaccine guidelines, they sent him down to the ECHL.
He did ok for Atlanta, but again didn’t excel so the Islanders didn’t renew his contract and Bode opted to return to Europe.
Wilde’s early career stats are extremely impressive and you’d expect someone with his resume to be still fighting for a NHL contract.
Can Russell and the Devils org get him loving the sport and finding his A game again? If so it would be a phenomenal signing.