devils shirt

James

Administrator
Quite correct Wildthing. Can I remind people about civility to other forum users. I'm not singling out Broken Angel in particular, but please keep it friendly. Disagree with other posters, that's part of what a forum is, but attack the post not the poster

Thankyew

Good lord, it's replying to a post!

A post bemoaning the fact they couldn't go and see the shirts.
Pointing out the fact that they can go and see the shirts if they want, and to maybe email the club about it if they can't get to The Wharf.

Is that having a pop? Compared to some of the comments on this forum it's pretty mild, if a pop at all.

I too can see why there's only a small number of posters on here.
There seems to be a number of regular posters who can't wait to criticise everything the club does or doesn't do, and yes it does turn into sniping & backbiting

Did anyone go to the players night last night?

I'm guessing not, as the floor opened up for questions for the management and the team, and not one hand raised.

I got chewed out for defending the current organisation some time back, maybe it's time for another hiatus after this brief return!

Sheincar

BrokenAngel said:
Good lord, it's replying to a post!

A post bemoaning the fact they couldn't go and see the shirts.
Pointing out the fact that they can go and see the shirts if they want, and to maybe email the club about it if they can't get to The Wharf.

Is that having a pop? Compared to some of the comments on this forum it's pretty mild, if a pop at all.

I too can see why there's only a small number of posters on here.
There seems to be a number of regular posters who can't wait to criticise everything the club does or doesn't do, and yes it does turn into sniping & backbiting

Did anyone go to the players night last night?

I'm guessing not, as the floor opened up for questions for the management and the team, and not one hand raised.

I got chewed out for defending the current organisation some time back, maybe it's time for another hiatus after this brief return!
As that implies that you did go - what kind of turnout was there?

No I didn't go, I chose not to go as I had work the next day, what that has to do with it I don't know, if I WAS there I would have asked any questions I had to ask don't you worry about that.

I have communicated with the club about other things, Simon is very helpful, I was only replying to the topic giving my view

Chris

Administrator
Would probably help if you actually read who the quote was from...

It would certainly be good if people could stop getting so worked up about anything/everything on these boards...

Chris.

Chris said:

It would certainly be good if people could stop getting so worked up about anything/everything on these boards...

Chris.
Is that comment in my direction ? I have read it :? Not sure what you mean ?

Sheincar

NOISYGIRL said:
Chris said:

Chris.
Is that comment in my direction ? I have read it :? Not sure what you mean ?
Oi Noisy Girl stop having a go at me you cheeky mare :lol:

Broken Angel - well?

DevilDom

Sheincar said:
As that implies that you did go - what kind of turnout was there?
I went. The turnout was reasonable if not huge but there were a lot of kids there who wouldn't have been able to make the formal event.

I thought it was really good evening and didn't finish that late (9.30pm).

I was particularly impressed with the way Paul Reagan spoke about his vision for the club, the new rink and change. I think we have a top top person now looking after the club which makes me very excited. Franny and G were also good talking about recruitment and some of the dissapointment of last year, although our Director of Hockey was less impressive (IMO).

The players were great with Sawyer, Matzka and Tylor being especially approachable. In fact Sawyer went around introducing himself to people which I thought was fantastic.

The auction for the shirt sponsorship seemed pretty successful and fair. I was very happy as my son got Matzka which I hope will turnout to be a bargain!

All in all it was a very enjoyable and professionally run evening.

Well?

Yes I did go last night.
Turnout wasn't bad, I didn't count so can't give you a figure but it didn't fill the room - not surprising I guess, but a lot better than squeezing into some of the smaller rooms they've used previously.

Had a stage setup and a talks from Paul Ragan, Franny & G & then the new guys were introduced and a few words from each.

DevilDom said:
The players were great with Sawyer, Matzka and Tylor being especially approachable. In fact Sawyer went around introducing himself to people which I thought was fantastic.

The auction for the shirt sponsorship seemed pretty successful and fair. I was very happy as my son got Matzka which I hope will turnout to be a bargain!

All in all it was a very enjoyable and professionally run evening.
Agreed!
I missed the Matzka draw :( I'm sure it'll turn out to be a steal!
Sawyer will prove to be very popular on and off the ice this season :)

DevilDom

wildthing74 said:
I got the Sawyer one(still chuffed)!Dom got a steal on the Matzka one if you ask me.
I think Sawyer will be a bargain too! I was pretty happy we got Matzka though - it was the first and only one we went for. I'm not sure who was more excited me or the boy!!

A

Anonymous

wildthing74 said:
Knew you would't be gone long DevilTorn.No don't go starting any naughty threads again ;)
Its hard to give up something you enjoy! I only went off air because I was horrified when my thread went all evil and hate infused. After all it was a thread to let everyone know that tickets were on sale for the game. (Aug 28th) :roll:

wildthing74

TheDevilTorn said:
wildthing74 said:
Knew you would't be gone long DevilTorn.No don't go starting any naughty threads again ;)
Its hard to give up something you enjoy! I only went off air because I was horrified when my thread went all evil and hate infused. After all it was a thread to let everyone know that tickets were on sale for the game. (Aug 28th) :roll:
I know mate it was a joke and can't believe how the threads are going so madly off topic and everybody having pot shots about stupid little things.
Hopefully everbody is cool again and at least you did not start the season ticket tracker thread cos that was by far funnier than yours.
Just make sure you don't start them off again :lol:

TheStub

Talking about threads going off topic... what was this about again?

Full disclosure - I've just taken loads of pain killers and drunk a few pints... forget tooth pain - at the moment I can bearly feel my jaw