Devils Realease Milam

Gazza272

pj_blaze said:
Gazza272 said:
Finny said:
According to Ragan on twitter, we enquired about Weller but he is still contracted to his team for the rest of this season.
Encouraging that this is the standard we are looking at though.
But also reminisent of the old Newcastle and sometimes Steelers press releases where they would say they were after a player but didn't get them and then name a player they had no chance in getting anyway.
Kind of. In fairness Ragan was just asked the question and he answered where as Rob Wilson used to do his best to dissapoint his fans without being asked to!

Finny

Wannabe2 said:
pj_blaze said:
Gazza272 said:
Encouraging that this is the standard we are looking at though.
But also reminisent of the old Newcastle and sometimes Steelers press releases where they would say they were after a player but didn't get them and then name a player they had no chance in getting anyway.
Well as a Blaze fan you should know all about that. :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

ASHIPP

The right decision for the Team - well done to G and Franny.

Unfortunately Milam looked unfit and uncomfortable. Some players dont adapt to UK ice hockey....or to the team ethic.

Short-benched the Devils may be for a while, but it has always brought out the best fighting spirit in the Team in those situations. :cool: Devils will be stronger for this, and even more so when G and Franny can find the right player to complete the puzzle.

Looking forward to the prospect of Rupert getting a few shifts over the weekend. This young man has been patient and he will get tremendous support from the home crowd. :D

rolf

)I never saw much of Milam, but what I saw was about good enough for me. Not sad for the team that he has gone, but feel for him as a bloke out of a job. That all said. After tonight's performance, presumably without him, and the good stuff we did before he got here I think I have to award him the title of our worst ever import.

The other contenders, and take your pick here folks, didn't actually diminish the team whilst they were here. Of the two most touted players: Millette fell over a lot because he could only skate in a straight line (quite fast as it went) and Hinks was an oompaloompah by the time he got to us (I blame the Germans for that- bratwurst!!!!) However neither of these two characters made us by worse by being here, on the contrary they saved my dog a lot of angry kicks due to their comedy antics, at least we could win with em. For me Jamie Milam made us worse.

I also feel that we are being too narrow in our nominations for Milam's crown here, so I offer some of my own near missers, who are:-

Todd Gillingham - who i still believe sent his cousin over instead of him as we got some fat bloke with a big ginger beard who not only was shite but bore no resemblance to the real guy.

Daniel Jardemyr - an enormous Swede who was just big and swedish and couldn't win a fight, argument, bet or raffle.

George Swann - canadian chef over here to cook, ended up playing hockey but too much like Delia Smith. I bet she still throws a better hit even when she is sober...

Aaron Boh - (a personal hero of mine) who sobered up eventually and realised he was in the wrong place and the devils were only too pleased to help him home. Shame that, as he did a good job for London eventually. Just wish he couldda done it for us.

Rick Strachan - for a Dman, he checked like a pick-pocket but not in the hockey terminology of that act.

Jason Rushton - biggish hard hitting power forward who used dodgy fuel and aimed his best fights at his own supporters outside of the rink. Recommended to us by Romford Raiders a well-known centre of ice hockey excellence

So these are my nominations and any insight offered is all hearsay and bears absolutely no relation to the truth, be it real or imagined. It is just my obsrevations and a load of allegations based on what I believe to be a truth shared with me at some point when I was younger.

I wonder whether you will wait until 25th October to see whether there is any chance of the NHL lockout ending soon and if nothing agreed then, people are saying it will last until the end of December, in which case it might be looking for an NHLer for a couple of months.

Wannabe2

Dont think we will entertain a NHL player who could buzz off shortly and disrupt a dressing room, but i think we will sign a person who hopefully will be a good fit whether that be a D Man or a Power forward, but i would put money on the fact that we will sign a replacement for Jamie.

kettdevil1

rolf said:
)I never saw much of Milam, but what I saw was about good enough for me. Not sad for the team that he has gone, but feel for him as a bloke out of a job. That all said. After tonight's performance, presumably without him, and the good stuff we did before he got here I think I have to award him the title of our worst ever import.

The other contenders, and take your pick here folks, didn't actually diminish the team whilst they were here. Of the two most touted players: Millette fell over a lot because he could only skate in a straight line (quite fast as it went) and Hinks was an oompaloompah by the time he got to us (I blame the Germans for that- bratwurst!!!!) However neither of these two characters made us by worse by being here, on the contrary they saved my dog a lot of angry kicks due to their comedy antics, at least we could win with em. For me Jamie Milam made us worse.

I also feel that we are being too narrow in our nominations for Milam's crown here, so I offer some of my own near missers, who are:-

Todd Gillingham - who i still believe sent his cousin over instead of him as we got some fat bloke with a big ginger beard who not only was shite but bore no resemblance to the real guy.

Daniel Jardemyr - an enormous Swede who was just big and swedish and couldn't win a fight, argument, bet or raffle.

George Swann - canadian chef over here to cook, ended up playing hockey but too much like Delia Smith. I bet she still throws a better hit even when she is sober...

Aaron Boh - (a personal hero of mine) who sobered up eventually and realised he was in the wrong place and the devils were only too pleased to help him home. Shame that, as he did a good job for London eventually. Just wish he couldda done it for us.

Rick Strachan - for a Dman, he checked like a pick-pocket but not in the hockey terminology of that act.

Jason Rushton - biggish hard hitting power forward who used dodgy fuel and aimed his best fights at his own supporters outside of the rink. Recommended to us by Romford Raiders a well-known centre of ice hockey excellence

So these are my nominations and any insight offered is all hearsay and bears absolutely no relation to the truth, be it real or imagined. It is just my obsrevations and a load of allegations based on what I believe to be a truth shared with me at some point when I was younger.
Interesting post although personally I think you are a bit harsh on Millam. For me he was OK, nothing more than that he was just not the type of player we needed.... strangely we have played better without him but, that might just be coincidence....

as for the others....

I actually thought Boh was pretty good for us although it is difficult to argue with the others... surely the worst inport category was won by Millette many years ago.

DevilDom

Whilst i totally agree with the decision to gas Milam, One thing I find a bit strange is that we don't appear to have had anyone lined up as a replacement. I'm assuming it wasn't a knee jerk decision so surely G and Franny would have in mind someone they would like. I just hope that Mr Ragan isn't using this as an opportunity to reduce the wage bill.

DevilDom said:
Whilst i totally agree with the decision to gas Milam, One thing I find a bit strange is that we don't appear to have had anyone lined up as a replacement. I'm assuming it wasn't a knee jerk decision so surely G and Franny would have in mind someone they would like. I just hope that Mr Ragan isn't using this as an opportunity to reduce the wage bill.
Perhaps as J.B. suggested we're waiting to see what happens with the lockout. Looking at the Olson/Sestito fight it looks like Coventry had a pretty good attendance again last night....

If that's not the case though, hopefully we'll bring someone in asap :)

To add...just looking at the fixtures and it seems we're not in league action after tonight until early november. Perhaps with the challenge cup likely out of reach we have a little more time.

Sheincar

Soundwave1 said:
DevilDom said:
Perhaps as J.B. suggested we're waiting to see what happens with the lockout. Looking at the Olson/Sestito fight it looks like Coventry had a pretty good attendance again last night....

To add...just looking at the fixtures and it seems we're not in league action after tonight until early november. Perhaps with the challenge cup likely out of reach we have a little more time.
Other than Dundee on Thursday you mean ;)

Sheincar said:
Soundwave1 said:
DevilDom said:

Other than Dundee on Thursday you mean ;)
Doh :oops: Although I guess that's perceived as winnable with an import down :)

bb1

We are desperately missing that voth type player who will hit and put fear into D men when chasing down the puck in offensive zone and behind net.
Sesito is perfect for the squeelers and is scoring some goals too.

We dont need a NHL'er just a solid AHL player would do the trick. Plenty of them around, just depends on how much Ragan wants to fill the rink. Other teams are proving hits and fights work. We need to play as we always have hard hitting and gritty, pussy play wont work against the likes of sheff, belfast as they can play and dish out the dirty stuff.