Devils Realease Milam

dave

Thread starter #1
Terry Phillips ‏@ElTelPhillips

Cardiff Devils have released American ice hockey defenceman Jamie Milam with immediate effect. New signing on way - news within a few days.

From Twitter

IMHO a good move.

Any names in frame?? Jeff Mason> Hoffman?

DevilDom

Re: Devils Realease Milan

My money would be on Jeff Mason

Good move as well IMO. Milam didn't look fit when he arrived and hasn't really improved much since.

Wannabe2

Shame that Jamie didnt live up to the high standards he thought he could supply, it just wasnt happening from him. Please Please bring in a guy who can play but can also look after himself, a guy who if you enter the crease then look out, either that or G drop back, and sign a power forward in the Mcintyre mould. Anyway we have removed a weak link so hopefully we will get stronger.

osh

Sadly he didn't live up to expectations and was certainly over hyped in press releases. He arrived unfit, stayed that way and as for controlling our PP and unleashing a fearsome shot ?????? I actually think certain import players see the EIHL as a very minor league and are surprised by how competitive the league can be once they arrive. Due mainly to teams playing 3 line hockey, the fitness of players can soon be found out, and he was. I hope he gets fixed up elsewhere very soon and wish him well.

wildthing74

I don't like calling out players as a rule but this is definatley overdue and had to be done.
We all had high hopes when we heard this guy was being brought in to be the 'quarterback' of our PP and his this cannon of a shot but we simply didnt see either unless you count 2 half decent shots and of them being on the road so teh fans never saw what we expected.
As been said he never looked fit and never looked happy.Our teams have always been built on grit and the fans will forgive anybody as long as they can see 100% on the ice.
I agree with Glynne I would hope we get a tough forward and keep G at the back and hopefully pair him with Quiney and roll 3 D lines again and have more power upfront and freshen then 3rd line who need some experience to help them out.

Finny

osh said:
Sadly he didn't live up to expectations and was certainly over hyped in press releases. He arrived unfit, stayed that way and as for controlling our PP and unleashing a fearsome shot ?????? I actually think certain import players see the EIHL as a very minor league and are surprised by how competitive the league can be once they arrive. Due mainly to teams playing 3 line hockey, the fitness of players can soon be found out, and he was. I hope he gets fixed up elsewhere very soon and wish him well.
Crikey I'm agreeing with osh again! :lol:

As others have said, Milam just wasn't what we were hoping for. He wasn't particularly bad, but not the person who was supposed to be running our PP and leading the offence from the back.

Mason would be a pretty good fit I would have thought. Although I might as well try to get in first and say....... Weller is coming!!!! :lol:

Have Hope#35

Good move by G and Franny imho, I hadn't seen enough from him to even warrant giving him a chance... I wish him all the best in the future though!

Looking forward to signing announcement, hopefully whoever it is it's a hard hitting tough man... Perhaps as a short term fix maybe Scarborough could be given a couple of games over the weekend with G staying on D'?

Gazza272

Have Hope#35 said:
Good move by G and Franny imho, I hadn't seen enough from him to even warrant giving him a chance... I wish him all the best in the future though!

Looking forward to signing announcement, hopefully whoever it is it's a hard hitting tough man... Perhaps as a short term fix maybe Scarborough could be given a couple of games over the weekend with G staying on D'?

I dont think an Import can sign on a Two way contract.

Finny

Gazza272 said:
Have Hope#35 said:

I dont think an Import can sign on a Two way contract.
Unless Bob Phillips says so! :lol:

Have Hope#35

pj_blaze said:
Think you need a very offensive D man to help with the goals. Either that or plsy with 4 import D + Batch and bring in another import forward.
With G, M.Smith, K.Smith, Marsh, Batch and Quiney as possible D'men i'd like to see us sign a tough power forward!

osh

Finny said:
osh said:
Crikey I'm agreeing with osh again! :

It's taken you a long time Finny, but you got there in the end !!! :lol: :lol:

Foxy

Right decision but not sure of timing just before Nottingham and Sheffield games........... a body is better than no body

Skippy

Can't say it comes as much of a shock. Hope he lands someone else soon.

Maybe we will get to see Rupert Ice a little until a replacement is signed.

Can't PR and G try and convince Vothers to come back just for one last season all the fans would love to see the big man put on a devils jersey again

VOTH 26 a true legend :Banana :pickle