Devils @ Braehead - Saturday Nov 29th - 7pm - Chat/ Updates

Re: Devils @ Braehead - Saturday Nov 29th - 7pm - Chat/ Upda

Sheffield lost 6-2 to the Blaze. We had a bad night and paid the price, all teams have them. Stand down gloom mongers

rocketbob

Slartibartfast said:
Watching on mnl we did seem to get a lot of penalties and 5 on 3s. Only people who were there can tell us whether this was bad refereeing or poor discipline.
It was not ill discipline. The referee had a shocker. The fact that the Devils fans were singing "we want Darnell" tells you all you need to know referee-wise.

Gough60

Iceraider said:
Sheffield lost 6-2 to the Blaze. We had a bad night and paid the price, all teams have them. Stand down gloom mongers
Bad day at office.I Still think this Devils set up (owners, management, team & fans) will have something to celebrate at the end of the season.

Ocko

It is a lesser conference, with the exception of Braehead. All the other teams barely stack up against Coventry and that says something.

We shouldn't expect to beat Clan away, home yes but not away. Anything picked up against our Conference and Braehead when we are away should be seen as a bonus.

Ocko said:
It is a lesser conference, with the exception of Braehead. All the other teams barely stack up against Coventry and that says something.

We shouldn't expect to beat Clan away, home yes but not away. Anything picked up against our Conference and Braehead when we are away should be seen as a bonus.
Fife 6 - 2 Braehead
Fife 4 - 0 Braehead
Belfast 1 - 6 Fife
Nottingham 1 - 2 Fife

we have struggled against Steelers so far though..i'll give you that Sh Ocko!

Finny

Amazepux said:
Fife 6 - 2 Braehead
Fife 4 - 0 Braehead
Belfast 1 - 6 Fife
Nottingham 1 - 2 Fife
Well done. You're still 3 points behind us though and we have a game in hand.

Disappointed we lost by such a margin but it sounds like we got unlucky against a Scottish ref. It isn't the first time and it won't be the last.

At least tonight's results show it is a competitive league with no easily predictable games. As Ocko said the key this season is to win your home games and try and pick up as many points on the road as possible. Starting tonight against the Stars.

Finny said:
Amazepux said:
Fife 6 - 2 Braehead
Fife 4 - 0 Braehead
Belfast 1 - 6 Fife
Nottingham 1 - 2 Fife
Well done. You're still 3 points behind us though and we have a game in hand.

Disappointed we lost by such a margin but it sounds like we got unlucky against a Scottish ref. It isn't the first time and it won't be the last.

At least tonight's results show it is a competitive league with no easily predictable games. As Ocko said the key this season is to win your home games and try and pick up as many points on the road as possible. Starting tonight against the Stars.
Im afraid youll get we'll find no sympathy as the English biased reffing against Scots teams embarrasing!

Gough60

I hope your not the guy we saw last year on our triple header up there
(which we won), who was screaming at the ref,
and flapping a £5 note at him because of an interferance call in the
first period on one of your untouchable team members. A rant that continued
for almost 10 min. He then brandished a £10 note when there was another
penalty called against you.
Not seen that before, a Scotsman with both a £5 & £10 note. :lol:

Ffil06 said:
I hope your not the guy we saw last year on our triple header up there
(which we won), who was screaming at the ref,
and flapping a £5 note at him because of an interferance call in the
first period on one of your untouchable team members. A rant that continued
for almost 10 min. He then brandished a £10 note when there was another
penalty called against you.
you lot still using BOE money yep?

Gough60

use whatever i can to purchase my beer.
not sure what bank notes they were, as all the moths
obscured my view. :lol:

Finny

Ffil06 said:
I hope you checked your wallet afterwards...

Hi Guys

First of all thanks to the amazing Devils fans who came to Glasgow to support your side. You are a
a fantastic bunch as always.

Onto the game. The refereeing doesn't really get any better unfortunately however as we get him almost every week I can absolutely say that he is bad for both teams. On the night though it was you guys who suffered most.

You guys were on the crest of a wave so I can understand your optimism going into the game however Clan are a good team this year and from the wording of some posts it appears you kind of dismissed us before a puck was dropped. BIG MISTAKE. Even taking into account the refereeing, your D was all over the shop and the Clan forwards danced around you almost at will (See Highlights.) All in all a great night for Clan whilst in the back of our minds we know that we can play even better than that.

DevilDom

Some pretty woeful defending there, although to be fair the guys were probably tired from all the time they spent on the PK!

Shame the highlights didn't include the penalty calls as it would be interesting to see if we were hard done by or whether we simply put ourselves under pressure taking silly pens.

Some very well taken goals by the Clan whatever the case.

Devil_Abroad

DevilDom said:
Some pretty woeful defending there, although to be fair the guys were probably tired from all the time they spent on the PK!

Shame the highlights didn't include the penalty calls as it would be interesting to see if we were hard done by or whether we simply put ourselves under pressure taking silly pens.

Some very well taken goals by the Clan whatever the case.
Agree with first point

Agree with second point

Agree with third point

Would also like to see what happened with the Hendrikx injury?

And someone tweeted Jesse and a fan issue? Didn't see anything on the highlights so I guess Jesse was smiling and putting his arm around a fan...... as he does

It's great to hear other fans' comments on our fans being so positive. Seems like the club finally have great owners, some money, a new rink with great training facilities coming, all types of players with great characters, and some nice fans too........

Can't wait for Blaze and Rays over Christmas - our first visit this year. Climate is going to be soooo different - I think I'm going to savour it just like the old WNIR days......

happy hockey days folks.