Devils @ Braehead - Saturday Nov 29th - 7pm - Chat/ Updates

drainage

Re: Devils @ Braehead - Saturday Nov 29th - 7pm - Chat/ Upda

kettdevil1 said:
wildthing74 said:
Ah forgot about Kavanagh. Will be fun abusing Smith.After all it was him that has the honour of the "it's all your fault" and being its original victim.I'm sure he'll be looking to stir things up.
That was one of the great away trips..... I think he was in the box for every goal we scored and he got more and more frustrated the longer the game went on.....

Actually quite pleased he has signed, he has a bit of character, isn't particularly good but always seems to be at the centre of something whenever he plays against us.
To be fair he took it in great spirit after the game ! But it was so comical!

ASHIPP

A massive test this one against a physically tough team. Folks forgetting Clan have beaten all the top teams and are up there themselves at the mo despite the antics of Frank and Fitzgerald.

Devils' advantage is that they are playing with confidence and a lot of skill with the momentum of wins behind them. Clan have lost a few recently. Am sure Devils will give it everything as usual.....to continue their run of great results would be fantastic.

Earnie

I hope someone in Braehead and Dundee can find a symbolic cricket bat.
For a cricketer or any other sportsman to loose his life playing the game is a dreadful tradgedy.

jimmy snels

What the hell is going on tonight? Gone from world beaters to .... whatever is going where we conceed seven... so far!

back to the norm

The 8-2 win v blaze and 10-0 v edinburgh just look like a normal score in the eihl after tonight hammering..

wheres our amazing defence dissapeared too??
and the best british goalie??

shocking.

Wannabe2

Maybe a wake up call, who knows, we are a very very good team, but we also have to fight for our results. This league is full of tough teams, have a night off and pay the concequences, ask Sheffield.

its not there job too. i would rather them not score,
It just proves the d are up ice too much and leaving the gaps in defence and i reckon a few of there goals were 2 on 1's because of it.

jimmy snels

knowitall said:
its not there job too. i would rather them not score,
It just proves the d are up ice too much and leaving the gaps in defence and i reckon a few of there goals were 2 on 1's because of it.
Kinda the point I was making! Not everyone is against you butt!

Devil94

Just a bad day. Everyone has them. Last week showed how good we are. Just forget and move on.

wildthing74

Crappy night all round starting with no sign of Andrew although he appeared in his tracksuit for the start of the second and Hendrikx went off after a heavy hit and didn't come back.

In between that the ref put on a Darnell masterclass calling 8 consecutive pens against us seemingly any contact was an interference penalty and we were never really looking like getting a result.

Back to Earth with a bump after last weekend but this group of players can still turn it around tomorrow.

Can't we just say it was one of those nights? We had a five game streak and unfortunately its come to an end. There's probably a lot of negatives but something the guys will just have to work on starting with a win tomorrow.

ASHIPP

Reality check needed here. Most teams in the league haveimproved their standard. Look how close the battle at the top is. Every game is very difficult. Glasgow is a difficult place to win.

Reffing calls and the absence of Lord and Hendrickx asiide, the team can rise above this. Tomorrowis another day.

Just like to say good luck tomorrow to you Devils, A great turn out of Red Army supporters and lovely to hear you sing your national anthem before the game. Your the best fans that come to our house, safe travel home.

Slartibartfast

Having just one player out can make a real difference to the team because the lines have to change. For the first time all season we had 3 lines clicking beautifully and now the hockey gods intervene and screw it up again.
Losing Hendrixx will not have helped. Hope both he and Lord are back soon.

Watching on mnl we did seem to get a lot of penalties and 5 on 3s. Only people who were there can tell us whether this was bad refereeing or poor discipline.