Dear Mr Pope

Thread starter #1
I can't believe that the dedicated fans who (on a positive note) had a great weekend watching three very good games of hockey, should have to read a total load of rubbish!

Players managers and other staff come and go, but we the fans are here every week, month and year, and deserve the truth and an apology for the team not only turning up with massive hangovers, but not even trying to win the game. This would have been the icing on the cake, as nobody expected to win the final, but the Devils should have at least given it everything they had, go out in style and at least win bronze. Their performance was inexcusable and unforgivable considering the amount of passion and support that has been given by the fans!

I'm sorry Mr Pope, sometimes saying less means more

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Chris

Administrator
Can't really see a problem with what he's said or what happened.

The 3rd/4th place game was a joke before they dropped it, now they've brought it back it's still a joke.

*edit* Finny got there first :oops: *edit*

James

Administrator
The whole game is a farce designed to make the price of the tickets seem less ruinous. Write to the league and ask them to do better next year. Don't aim any anger at the players who gave it their all the night before.

I disagree the 3/4th place game should of been good battle v 2 rivals , you see it happen in football where the 3/4th playoff game is a good game but the devils fell back in cant be assed mode, we paid for the games they should play each game 100%

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Paul Sullivan

The minutes of the EIHL meeting where that was resurrected would be interesting to read. Whoever's idea that was might want to re-think what 'fan feedback' actually looks like. Or, get some in the first place.

3/4th games - like kissing your sister.

Thread starter #11
Paul Sullivan said:
The minutes of the EIHL meeting where that was resurrected would be interesting to read. Whoever's idea that was might want to re-think what 'fan feedback' actually looks like. Or, get some in the first place.

Have you been kissing my sister?

Sheincar

I was led to believe that the "fan" who suggested it has not been around the sport long but was debriefing his team today :DWD

Glad they had a good night to celebrate the end of the season. Give it 2 weeks and everyone will have forgotten the game ever happened...

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Paul Sullivan

Budgie said:
Paul Sullivan said:

Have you been kissing my sister?
Err.... r-i-g-h-t. ;:|

I agree with OP.
Regardless of what the game is for, as professional sportsmen i don't see why it would be acceptable to give anything but 100%, especially when you've got hundreds of paying fans who have travelled miles to watch you play and offer their support. Pretty disgraceful.

Why do we need a 2nd game on the Sunday at all (other than to make the league some extra cash). Just reduce the ticket prices and just have the final.

Or better still, link up with ENL or EPL and have a proper big Playoff hockey festival in London on neutral soil with both leagues finals on the Sunday.
Fairer, bigger crowds, better value, more competitive hockey, etc. Everyone wins.

TheStub

Ivydrive said:
I agree with OP.
Regardless of what the game is for, as professional sportsmen i don't see why it would be acceptable to give anything but 100%, especially when you've got hundreds of paying fans who have travelled miles to watch you play and offer their support. Pretty disgraceful.
Why would a player risk injury that would jeopardise their signing for next season. As someone put on Twitter, what coach would look at a CV and go "wow you git third place in the UK playoffs". The prize was lost, they'd probably happily forgo a days pay.

Sheincar

Budgie said:
Sheincar said:
I was led to believe that the "fan" who suggested it has not been around the sport long but was debriefing his team today :DWD
????
Cardiff Devils ‏@cardiffdevils 7 Apr

We will debrief regarding the 3rd/4th place game format at the POFW going forward. Lots learned to improve, Club statement issued tomorrow!

TheStub said:
Ivydrive said:
I agree with OP.
Why would a player risk injury that would jeopardise their signing for next season. As someone put on Twitter, what coach would look at a CV and go "wow you git third place in the UK playoffs". The prize was lost, they'd probably happily forgo a days pay.
Though it would look better than saying doesn't gives all in games ESP v our biggest rivals

devils2001uk said:
TheStub said:
Ivydrive said:
I agree with OP.
Though it would look better than saying doesn't gives all in games ESP v our biggest rivals

Scouts in the crowd? To showcase their abilities to a large audience? Simply for the love of the game and the will to win regardless? Not to mention for their many travelling fans.

I can understand why they would perhaps pull out of a huge mid ice hit and play 95% instead of 100% but i would expect them to show some passion for the badge on their shirt and look at least mildly interested in winning.
It just makes them look bad which is embarrassing.