Dave simms interview from friday

Seth Bennett.

They were hardly going to say: "Oh, man for man we compare much worse than the Devils so don't bother coming to the game on Sunday as we're probably going to lose" on a programme specifically for Steelers fans, were they?!

I love Dave Simms. :lol:

Gazza272

Chris said:
He's supposed to be a sports TV presenter for God's sake. In other words there should be professional, balanced, INTELLIGENT analysis of the game, the teams, the players. You just never saw Alan Hanson behaving like this when Liverpool were in the Cup on Match of the Day! :cool:
As much as I think he talks nonsense, the comments were made on a programme called Steelers Hockey, presented by himself and Seth Green.

I guess he can be as biased as he likes on his own radio show...

Chris.

Are they going to renmae the show next season 'Robot Steelers hockey' ? :lol:

drainage said:
gandl said:
“We are a better team than the Cardiff Devils
We have better players than the Cardiff Devils
We can out out-goaltender the Cardiff Devils
We are better defensively than the Cardiff Devils
We have more punch than the Cardiff Devils.
We have more scoring than the Cardiff Devils

I don’t want my team’s season to end on Sunday, I want to go to Nottingham, I want to be there at the final four,

At the end of the day we are better than Cardiff”

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: REALLY SIMMS REALLY???????? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

What an absolute first class idiot (it is very difficult to describe him without swearing). We finsihed above Sheffield in the league, the CC and now the Playoffs - he is totally deluded and frankly an embarrassment to Sheffield, and embarrassment to the Steelers, an embarrassment to Sky and an embarrassment to Ice Hockey.
How many incorrect statements can be made in a radio show - oh everything he says !!
Here is another one for you to add to the list simms

The Sheffield Steelers have an extra weeks holiday more than the Cardiff Devils due to the fact there season is over now

ASHIPP

Holl_5 said:
Seth Bennett.

They were hardly going to say: "Oh, man for man we compare much worse than the Devils so don't bother coming to the game on Sunday as we're probably going to lose" on a programme specifically for Steelers fans, were they?!

I love Dave Simms. :lol:
Get your point , Holl, but let's face it, Simms is really showing his (poor) presenting credentials by being totally deluded in his analysis of the game. There is a difference between being passionate about the sport, his team etc ...and being balanced, realistic and professional in his take on the quarter-finals, irrespective of who the Steelers' opposition might be. :cool: Even some of the die-hard Steelers' fans think he's lost it! :lol:

A

Anonymous

Dave Simms portrays himself and expresses himself well. He comes across as a prat, he is a prat. Cheesier than a bag of wotsits. What I would give to see Voth cross check him into a load of stinging nettles! :lol:

I loved the way they made the Finnerty and Miller ones out to be such hard decisions :lol:

The ones in bold, are what I make it to be (without being biased)

Verner - Lyle (verner) ... has been tosh this season compared to last

Zion - Jarvis (Jarvis)
Bolibruck - Hartwick (Bolibruck) :roll:
Basiuk - Adams (Basiuk)
Dagenais - Richardson (Dagenais) :roll:

Legue - Smith (Legue)
Talbot - Birbraer (Talbot)
Hubbauer - Latulippe (Hubbauer)
Sgroi - Voth - (Voth)
Sheppherd - Finnerty (Finnerty)
Phillips - Miller (Miller)
Dowd - Michel (Dowd) :lol:
Hewitt - Hill (Hewitt) :lol:
Farmer - Towe (Farmer)

Zion and Jarvis is too hard to call IMO
So I make it 8.5/5.5 in our favour :lol:

Mooney#16

You only have to look at what was said by Simms to know what was wrong with the Steelers all season. They simply believed they were alot better than they were and should be beating teams at a canter. Unfortunately for them this belief had been cultivated of a double winning season where they had limited injuries, some outstanding goal tending in Lehman and just some down right good luck.
Now this year throw in some injuries, lose lehman and your bad luck runs out and hey presto you stink.
I'll reiterate that point simply. The players you retained from that team just aren't as good as you think they are.
Look at the goals for and against. The Devils have run the same D unit all year and finished up with the second best goals against. Not bad for three import unit with a GB goalie. So the indication is there. Those boys know how to defend. Now Sheffield have messed about with there D all year. Finally decided to run with four imports and an import goalie and they still couldn't shut the devils down. Perhaps because the reputations are bigger than the players.
Memo to Steelers. Arrogance and perhaps loyalty has cost your team this year. Clear the decks and start again. And if that doesn't work. What wage cap?

In fairness (I'm not quite sure why) Simms was probably trying to get the Sheffield fanbase feeling good about the team and its chances heading into the weekend games. His job is to sell tickets after all.

Sheffield has a terrible team and has had a shocking season so he was probably trying to get one final feel-good feeling going for the last couple of games in the hope it would instigate a magic turnaround in fortunes.

I'd be surprised if Simms actually believes a number of his 'selections.'

Unfortunately for him it backfired with the Devils winnning.

1. He's ended up looking like he has no idea what he's talking about and a bit of a prat. (Something I'm sure he doesn't mind however) I would think Simms is willing to sacrifice himself for the greater good - he loves his Steelers.

2. He managed to do G's team talk for him :D

Gazza272

Soundwave1 said:
In fairness (I'm not quite sure why) Simms was probably trying to get the Sheffield fanbase feeling good about the team and its chances heading into the weekend games. His job is to sell tickets after all.

Sheffield has a terrible team and has had a shocking season so he was probably trying to get one final feel-good feeling going for the last couple of games in the hope it would instigate a magic turnaround in fortunes.

I'd be surprised if Simms actually believes a number of his 'selections.'

Unfortunately for him it backfired with the Devils winnning.

1. He's ended up looking like he has no idea what he's talking about and a bit of a prat. (Something I'm sure he doesn't mind however) I would think Simms is willing to sacrifice himself for the greater good - he loves his Steelers.

2. He managed to do G's team talk for him :D

He pretty much proves your right in his latest blog on the Steelers website where he questions why he was so positive after the poor season the steelers had.

Finny

The problem is, Simms is a one trick pony.

His basic marketing ploy to get people in is "We're Gonna Win". Unfortunately for him, the Steelers have sucked this season and haven't won that often. When they do, they apparently play pretty boring hockey.

Sheffield's whole fanbase has been built on them getting success. When that success goes - there is nothing to attract the fans back. I've not been to Sheffield Arena for years but apparently the match night entertainment is shocking and he is still playing the same music he did 10 years ago?

Compare that to Nottingham who have gradually built their fanbase since moving to the NIC. And there is no way you can say they have based it on success. Well, not league success anyway.
Perhaps Bob and Simmsys need to go to Black and Moran and ask what they are doing that is so successful. I won't hold my breathe though.

ASHIPP

Unfortunately, whether or not he was presenting a show for Steelers fans or on Sky TV, he should have been REALISTIC in his assessment of the opposition, whoever they were. I get the point he has a vested interest in the Steelers. I get the point he's going to be 'bigging up' the Steelers for the play-offs. I get the point he was trying to stir up positivity and support for them......but to make completely stupid comparisons and make statements like 'we have a better defence than X, we have a better this and that' based not on fact/results, it makes him look an idiot. :roll: For some of the Steelers fans to be saying the same about him says it all. :?

Fubar

made me laugh A LOT. Doesn't he wish he had a Delorean equipped with a Flux Capacitor! Speaking of interesting tools...are those 2 going to the playoffs??